+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Newcastle

Newcastle

Championship winners elect, 2 nil away.
    Looks like we are all playing for second place

Fair play to Leeds, created chances but Rob Green shocker

Re: Newcastle

Reading proudly hold the record for most League points when we won
    the Championship in 2005/06 with 106 points. That record is seriously under threat. I can see Newcastle beating it.

Last time they came down Newcastle were almost unbeatable too.

Your team are going well at present mind - do you think they'll be able to keep it going?

newcastle fans to leeds "jimmy saville, hes one of your own"

leeds fans to newcastle "jimmy saville, he ****ed ant and dec"

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Last time they came down Newcastle were almost unbeatable too.

Your team are going well at present mind - do you think they'll be able to keep it going?
    We are punching above our weight at the moment. A top ten finish is realistic. Anything above that would be a bonus. Our goal difference of +5 suggests we are a bit above a mid table team. I can't see anyone touching Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Reading proudly hold the record for most League points when we won
    the Championship in 2005/06 with 106 points. That record is seriously under threat. I can see Newcastle beating it.
    Yeah could be mate, 2 points a game from here, pretty much the bench mark, gives them 98. So putting aside the average, because they are anything but, they need 2.3ish. To be honest I didn't remember your 106, that’s some going.

First Team

Newcastle with a decent manager where always likely to be a cut above the rest of this league.
    As they have got themselves an outstanding one it appears that promotion is likely. Their problem is what to do when a bigger club poaches him.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    Yeah could be mate, 2 points a game from here, pretty much the bench mark, gives them 98. So putting aside the average, because they are anything but, they need 2.3ish. To be honest I didn't remember your 106, that’s some going.
    We lost our first game of that season as well. Didn't Newcastle lose their first two this season?
    As you say 2.3 points per game from here is something they are more than capable of achieving.

Yes they did lose their first couple, I thought welcome to the Championship, could have been a meltdown, but they will romp it.