+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bamba......a quality player.

Bamba......a quality player.

He is a great reader of the game, senses danger and charges in with total commitment to win the ball and almost always does.
    Amazingly, despite his strength he gives away relatively few free kicks.

Unlike many players his determination is very visible.

Re: Bamba......a quality player.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    He is a great reader of the game, senses danger and charges in with total commitment to win the ball and almost always does.

Guy puts our 5M defender to shame.

Been an outstanding defender so far.

He's only with us until January (I think) so will undoubtedly be poached by another club. Strange he was allowed to end up in a situation with no club.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    He's only with us until January (I think) so will undoubtedly be poached by another club. Strange he was allowed to end up in a situation with no club.
    Not that long since we were in a similar situation with Immers. Luckily we managed to stave of the competition and get his signature on the contract.
    WTF happened to him??

I believe he has a 2 or 3 year contract with us.

It's probably to do with the financial standoffs that happen in contract negotiations. For every club that misses out on a player therer must be a player that misses out on a contract (and who possibly wishes that he and his agent hadn't pushed such a hard bargain).

Bamba may not have give away many free kicks yesterday but he should have. Some of his challenges were blatant fouls!

But he has been a cracking signing so far and he's signed for 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Bamba may not have give away many free kicks yesterday but he should have. Some of his challenges were blatant fouls!

But he has been a cracking signing so far and he's signed for 2 years
    I agree, the ref started off making a right mess of that incident when a Huddersfield player was down and he kept on playing until we gained possession and had a chance to break, then blew for the phsyio to come on. I also thought he was weak when it came to free kicks and corners where he let the Huddersfield defenders off very lightly, but, apart from that, I thought he generally favoured us with plenty of incidents where I expected to see opposition free kicks and he just let play go on - I can understand why the Huddersfield players were having a go at him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, the ref started off making a right mess of that incident when a Huddersfield player was down and he kept on playing until we gained possession and had a chance to break, then blew for the phsyio to come on. I also thought he was weak when it came to free kicks and corners where he let the Huddersfield defenders off very lightly, but, apart from that, I thought he generally favoured us with plenty of incidents where I expected to see opposition free kicks and he just let play go on - I can understand why the Huddersfield players were having a go at him a lot.
    The ref was as passive as they come and let a lot of "incidents" go.
    Now that can be viewed as bad refereeing and he did miss some blatant stuff, but I will take that kind of refereeing all day long, particularly at home.
    How often have we seen down here a referee completely ruining the flow of the game by blowing up for the slightest infringement? This has cost us on many occasions, particularly when sides have gone ahead and we are chasing the game.

Regarding the original post, Bamba was part of a defence today which looked shaky at times, even though all of them had good games generally.
    The sounds a bit contradictory I know but Huddersfield got behind us on a number of occasions before we scored and it could have been 3 all at the break.
    Morrison however ruined them in the air, particularly from Whitts set pieces.
    Bennett looked solid and good creatively, and Peltier did well getting forward too.

Bamba was immense though, particularly in the last quarter when his no nonsense defending was inspirational.
    No wonder Warnock bigs him up.
    I hope we have tied him up on a contract because he is key to our success, at least for a season or two.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post

You've just had your post nicked by that weirdo grange_end1927 on the dark side.

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewto...p?f=2&t=179532

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    I believe he has a 2 or 3 year contract with us.
    Bamba had a 21 month contract - to summer 2018.

Hoilett a 9 month contract to summer 2017.

Chamakh and Richardson both to January 2017.

I dont recall any mention that he had signed only until January. I believe he is on a few years contract!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Bamba had a 21 month contract - to summer 2018.

Hoilett a 9 month contract to summer 2017.

Chamakh and Richardson both to January 2017.
    Those terms sound about right.
    Bamba, Warnock has pinned his hopes on and is doing a fine job.
    Hoilett seemed a pretty low risk signing and is proving that, a very good acquisition.
    Richardson, not that I've seen much of him, could do a job but more than likely from the bench, barring injuries.
    Chamakh really does have to prove himself and didn't cover himself in glory with his only appearance from the bench.
    Doubt he will be given many, if any, other chances unless we are either desperate or coasting a game and he comes off the bench.

I thought only Richardson and Chamakh are on short term deals?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Guy puts our 5M defender to shame.

Been an outstanding defender so far.
    Yes, how did we end up spending all that money on Manga?