+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chris Coleman Sunday Goals SKY

Chris Coleman Sunday Goals SKY

On now. Talking a lot of sense in his analysis of the Man Utd Arsenal game.

He does come across as a decent bloke fair play.

Re: Chris Coleman Sunday Goals SKY

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    On now. Talking a lot of sense in his analysis of the Man Utd Arsenal game.

He does come across as a decent bloke fair play.
    Despite our amazing qualification and run to the semi finals, I still think the bloke is a pretty poor manager. He's definitely got qualities when it comes to team bonding and motivation but as a football manager he still seems lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Despite our amazing qualification and run to the semi finals, I still think the bloke is a pretty poor manager. He's definitely got qualities when it comes to team bonding and motivation but as a football manager he still seems lacking.
    I agree. He's not the best tactician.

The only thing he has going for him is that the players seem to like him, and he has Bale, Ramsey, and several other decent EPL players to pick at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    The only thing he has going for him is that the players seem to like him, and he has Bale, Ramsey, and several other decent EPL players to pick at the moment.
    Yes, the only thing the manager who got his team of underdogs to the semis is the players like him. Good one. How big is that Swansea related chip on your shoulder?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Yes, the only thing the manager who got his team of underdogs to the semis is the players like him. Good one. How big is that Swansea related chip on your shoulder?
    Underdogs??
    Bale, Ramsey, and 10 premier league players at your disposal, most other World team managers can only dream about that!!

Underdogs??
    Bale, Ramsey, and 10 premier league players at your disposal, most other World team managers can only dream about that!!
    Most other world teams weren't at the euros. Of course we were underdogs. We weren't expected to get out of the group.

Underdogs??
    We were 80/1 to win the Euros, I think we were 17th favourites. We'd not played at a tournament for 58 years, so this was new for everyone involved, except some older fans. For us to do this well, means Cookie did a good job.

He's not a messiah but he's tweaked his system at times and we got it so spot on against Russia and Belgium, he deserves credit. A system that gives Bale, Allen and Ramsey all central isn't an easy one to think up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We were 80/1 to win the Euros, I think we were 17th favourites. We'd not played at a tournament for 58 years, so this was new for everyone involved, except some older fans. For us to do this well, means Cookie did a good job.

He's not a messiah but he's tweaked his system at times and we got it so spot on against Russia and Belgium, he deserves credit. A system that gives Bale, Allen and Ramsey all central isn't an easy one to think up.
    80/1,with the 2nd most expensive footballer in the World, the best British midfielder in Britain, and 10 EPL players in the team tells you all you need to know about our manager, and his lack of tactics.

Some might say we could have, probably should have, been 3 down in 15 mins against Belgium, that we scored against the run of play v Slovakia, got battered by England, beat a broken Russian team, and were 2nd best v the mighty N Ireland but got lucky with an OG!!

Take the blinkers off.

Fair point, we definitely had a better British midfielder than Portugal. They shaded us on Portuguese goalies though.

Depends on how well you understand the game, I'm not sure you understand it very well at all. The tactics employed against Slovakia were spot on. The tactics employed against Russia were spot on. Belgium couldn't beat Wales over 3 games. He doesn't use the same tactics every game, he works hard on exposing the weaknesses of the top teams. OK, so Wales are on the slow burner for the World Cup, but when you are resorting to bringing on Cotterill and Lawrence then you have to reign in your expectations.

80/1,with the 2nd most expensive footballer in the World, the best British midfielder in Britain, and 10 EPL players in the team tells you all you need to know about our manager, and his lack of tactics.

Some might say we could have, probably should have, been 3 down in 15 mins against Belgium, that we scored against the run of play v Slovakia, got battered by England, beat a broken Russian team, and were 2nd best v the mighty N Ireland but got lucky with an OG!!

Take the blinkers off.
    Could have. Should have.

Semi-finalists, and if Ramsey was on the pitch against Portugal they could have, should have got to the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Depends on how well you understand the game, I'm not sure you understand it very well at all. The tactics employed against Slovakia were spot on. The tactics employed against Russia were spot on. Belgium couldn't beat Wales over 3 games. He doesn't use the same tactics every game, he works hard on exposing the weaknesses of the top teams. OK, so Wales are on the slow burner for the World Cup, but when you are resorting to bringing on Cotterill and Lawrence then you have to reign in your expectations.
    Hang on, so you are telling me he got it right in the games he won and the games we didn't win he didn't.

You really do have a higher level of understanding......

Take the blinkers off.
    you view hasnt been clouded by his choice of captain has it ? ? ?

Hang on, so you are telling me he got it right in the games he won and the games we didn't win he didn't.

You really do have a higher level of understanding......
    No, I am telling you that he is not a poor manager as you claim he is. Just stick to watching the football scores come in with Jeff Stelling sweetheart, the game is a little bit more complex that you think it is. If you can't appreciate the differences in the way Wales tackled each game of the Euros, then just stick to going to games for a get together with some mates and a few beers.

Warren Feeney is a poor manager. Warren Feeney wouldn't have got Wales to the Euros, let alone the semis. Are you really saying Coleman is a poor manager? Are you really using arbitrary terms just for effect?

No, I am telling you that he is not a poor manager as you claim he is. Just stick to watching the football scores come in with Jeff Stelling sweetheart, the game is a little bit more complex that you think it is. If you can't appreciate the differences in the way Wales tackled each game of the Euros, then just stick to going to games for a get together with some mates and a few beers.

Warren Feeney is a poor manager. Warren Feeney wouldn't have got Wales to the Euros, let alone the semis. Are you really saying Coleman is a poor manager? Are you really using arbitrary terms just for effect?
    Are you pissed? Some people need more than a handful of games to convince them of something. You it seems don't.

I get that you feel like you are the boards Alex Ferguson as you noticed Coleman got it tactically correct against Belgium, Russia and Slovakia, but there is a bit more to it for some. Other remember Georgia, Portugal, England, N. Ireland, Sweden which were all tactically poor to not great.

Overall Coleman and Wales did very well at the Euros (Even a tactical novice like me can see that). However that doesn't turn him into the next Alex Ferguson (that role is saved for yourself).

As for going to the games, watching and having a few beers, urmmmm isn't that what most football fans do? Or are you busy sending your tactical notes down to the touchline.

I can imagine the tactics now. Right lads, todays tactics are to win.

Are you pissed? Some people need more than a handful of games to convince them of something. You it seems don't.

I get that you feel like you are the boards Alex Ferguson as you noticed Coleman got it tactically correct against Belgium, Russia and Slovakia, but there is a bit more to it for some. Other remember Georgia, Portugal, England, N. Ireland, Sweden which were all tactically poor to not great.

Overall Coleman and Wales did very well at the Euros (Even a tactical novice like me can see that). However that doesn't turn him into the next Alex Ferguson (that role is saved for yourself).

As for going to the games, watching and having a few beers, urmmmm isn't that what most football fans do? Or are you busy sending your tactical notes down to the touchline.

I can imagine the tactics now. Right lads, todays tactics are to win.
    I've filtered out your insults and attempts at humour and found you have said diddly squat on this thread other than the manager of a Top 10 nation is not very good!

Can you tell me the difference between the defensive line against Slovakia and Northern Ireland?

What was the difference on the role played by Bale in all three group games?

Did you notice how Coleman changed Ledley's role to make Ramsey more effective?

Fair enough, you prefer to get pissed at a game and cheer the goals. That's the limit of your involvement in the game. It's fine, but it is painfully obvious you don't possess a single feature that quantifies your throwaway remarks about Coleman.

Portugal - missing two key players.
    Sweden - a friendly!
    England - he got it wrong
    N Ireland - the players didn't perform

Ranked in the top 10. Semi finalists of the Euros. Unbeaten in qualifiers, including a great performance on Austria. Coleman isn't perfect, but he is getting more right than wrong. Save money for beer and don't bother with a match ticket. Just watch Sky and laugh at the Unbelievable Jeff lines.

I've filtered out your insults and attempts at humour and found you have said diddly squat on this thread other than the manager of a Top 10 nation is not very good!

Can you tell me the difference between the defensive line against Slovakia and Northern Ireland?

What was the difference on the role played by Bale in all three group games?

Did you notice how Coleman changed Ledley's role to make Ramsey more effective?

Fair enough, you prefer to get pissed at a game and cheer the goals. That's the limit of your involvement in the game. It's fine, but it is painfully obvious you don't possess a single feature that quantifies your throwaway remarks about Coleman.

Portugal - missing two key players.
    Sweden - a friendly!
    England - he got it wrong
    N Ireland - the players didn't perform

Ranked in the top 10. Semi finalists of the Euros. Unbeaten in qualifiers, including a great performance on Austria. Coleman isn't perfect, but he is getting more right than wrong. Save money for beer and don't bother with a match ticket. Just watch Sky and laugh at the Unbelievable Jeff lines.
    pwned