+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hard brexit for Britain, whether we want it or not

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hard brexit for Britain, whether we want it or not

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Predictions use historic figures, plus your gut feeling. They are not based on what will happen in the future. Its far too complex to try and do that. So they use what has happened previously, this can allow you to accurately predict what will happen for the same scenario. Only this had not happened previously, so you cannot use any predictions for what will happen accurately. Any prediction is simply ones gut feeling.

All the economists who got it so wrong prove that. Yes not much has actually happened, but one of the cores of their predictions was a massive loss in confidence, and if that was going to happen it would have. There was an initial blip as people held their breath, but the economy has continued to improve since brexit. And if anything confidence has improved in the british economy since brexit.
    If the people who want Brexit could give some idea of what they want it to look like then economists could begin trying to forecast what our future may look like.

Pound vs Dollar

Onlyblip.jpg

Now maybe I am just being negative...but I think that shows a pretty significant loss of confidence and not much of a recovery (not sure where you could possibly get 'if anything confidence has improved in the British economy since Brexit'...).

A massive drop in the value of the pound was predicted and a massive drop in the value of the pound has occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    If the people who want Brexit could give some idea of what they want it to look like then economists could begin trying to forecast what our future may look like.

Pound vs Dollar

Onlyblip.jpg

Now maybe I am just being negative...but I think that shows a pretty significant loss of confidence and not much of a recovery (not sure where you could possibly get 'if anything confidence has improved in the British economy since Brexit'...).

A massive drop in the value of the pound was predicted and a massive drop in the value of the pound has occurred.
    Why hasn't the dollar crashed? Trump is ripping up trade deals left, right and centre, and he also want's to spend a trillion+ dollars and roads and stuff.

I'd hazard a guess and say the EU project is very important to some people, and they will do anything to try and stop it going down the shitter.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 22-11-16 at 22:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why hasn't the dollar crashed? Trump is ripping up trade deals left, right and centre, and he also want's to spend a trillion+ dollars and roads and stuff.

I'd hazard a guess and say the EU project is very important to some people, and they will do anything to try and stop it going down the shitter.
    I guess whilst Trump's presidency makes life quite uncertain for minority groups, businesses may do well out of his penchant for less and less regulation.

In terms of infrastructure projects, most economists agree that it will be good for the economy, should have happened here but the public bought the fallacy that you could compare the finances of a country with the finances of a household.

In short, America will probably become more unequal under the Trump but I can't see any reason why confidence in the economy should plummet.

The UK has no plan, never had a plan and that is reflected in the outright lack of confidence in our currency. The simple fact is that us leaving the EU is probably bad for both of us, their currency hasn't been hit so hard because their challenges are obvious, ours depend on lots of things that no one knows yet.

I guess whilst Trump's presidency makes life quite uncertain for minority groups, businesses may do well out of his penchant for less and less regulation.

In terms of infrastructure projects, most economists agree that it will be good for the economy, should have happened here but the public bought the fallacy that you could compare the finances of a country with the finances of a household.

In short, America will probably become more unequal under the Trump but I can't see any reason why confidence in the economy should plummet.

The UK has no plan, never had a plan and that is reflected in the outright lack of confidence in our currency. The simple fact is that us leaving the EU is probably bad for both of us, their currency hasn't been hit so hard because their challenges are obvious, ours depend on lots of things that no one knows yet.
    Easy solution - follow what America does and hang onto Trump's coat tails. Don't forget we've also got a bad assed right-wing government in power who could be a lot meaner than Trump

And seriously, the elites have got over 60 years invested into this EU project, and a hell of a lot of money. Also their end game is (was?) very near.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 22-11-16 at 23:14.

Pound vs Dollar

Onlyblip.jpg

A weak currency can be great for the economy so think you probably are being pretty negative.

ftse.jpg

It all depends on what way you want to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    A weak currency can be great for the economy so think you probably are being pretty negative.

ftse.jpg

It all depends on what way you want to look at it.
    But that chart is measured in £ which has weakened over the course of it. It doesn't show any significant rise in real value of the index, just that the units in are measuring it in have become smaller.