+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: James

James

Not Jimmy the Jock, but the band James.
    How do fellow posters rate them. Was never really into them in the 80's, but started listening to a lot of there stuff lately, especially the 90's era, and I'm really impressed. A band that seemed to go under the radar most of the time. Some of their lyrics are top notch.

Re: James

mozzer in 3-2-1

I get the impression they'd be against safe standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post

fair play, thats funny

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Not Jimmy the Jock, but the band James.
    How do fellow posters rate them. Was never really into them in the 80's, but started listening to a lot of there stuff lately, especially the 90's era, and I'm really impressed. A band that seemed to go under the radar most of the time. Some of their lyrics are top notch.
    I ised to have a CD (not sure where I got it from) which had plenty of their hits and all singalongable.
    Saw them in Brixton Academy (as i was working up in London) about 3 or 4 years ago and they were just okay.
    The singer was bald (he used to have loads of curly locks) and, although this might sound strange, it kind of ruined the gig a bit for me

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I ised to have a CD (not sure where I got it from) which had plenty of their hits and all singalongable.
    Saw them in Brixton Academy (as i was working up in London) about 3 or 4 years ago and they were just okay.
    The singer was bald (he used to have loads of curly locks) and, although this might sound strange, it kind of ruined the gig a bit for me
    Hairist reported!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    fair play, thats funny
    Stand up at its best.

A kid's band. Can't take them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    A kid's band. Can't take them seriously.
    Not sure what you mean by that? They've been going for 34 years. Kids band for me are One Direction, The Vamps etc and what wrong with liking something 'not in with the in crowd' anyway? I heard a tune the other day that I really liked and didn't catch who it was, I was surprised to find it was by someone called Nial Horan, who was apparantly in One Direction, oh and I really like 'The Blossoms' as well, neither are 'Cool' what ever the hell that means but I dont care. I'm going to see 'From The Jam' tonight.

I went to see James earlier this year and there were more 40 and 50 somethings in the crowd than anyone else. They were very good but disappointingly didn't do 'Sit Down' or the single they had out at the time 'Nothing But Love'

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that? They've been going for 34 years. Kids band for me are One Direction, The Vamps etc and what wrong with liking something 'not in with the in crowd' anyway? I heard a tune the other day that I really liked and didn't catch who it was, I was surprised to find it was by someone called Nial Horan, who was apparantly in One Direction, oh and I really like 'The Blossoms' as well, neither are 'Cool' what ever the hell that means but I dont care. I'm going to see 'From The Jam' tonight.

I went to see James earlier this year and there were more 40 and 50 somethings in the crowd than anyone else. They were very good but disappointingly didn't do 'Sit Down' or the single they had out at the time 'Nothing But Love'
    i saw them live a few times in the early 90's during the " madchester " era

sure they were not the rose's, mondays, primal or the like, but still a fairly decent night out

Not a fan of Right Said Fred then?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Not a fan of Right Said Fred then?

It's not that I'm against baldies as a rule, i just wasn't expecting it from him. He must be well pissed as he loved his long locks :)

No offence meant to anyone on here mind either

It's not that I'm against baldies as a rule, i just wasn't expecting it from him. He must be well pissed as he loved his long locks :)

No offence meant to anyone on here mind either
    i have heard he is a religious nutjob these days.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    i have heard he is a religious nutjob these days.
    That`s right he likes to sing God save the Queen.
    Demented

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Demented
    He is certainly watching out for her . Apparently she got the grant for her windows and the kitchen refurb.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    i saw them live a few times in the early 90's during the " madchester " era

sure they were not the rose's, mondays, primal or the like, but still a fairly decent night out
    They were pretty good live.

Tim Booth has some crazy wacky moves and I was surprised that he was and is very anti-drugs based on the fact he danced like he is off his face.

You're right.... not the Roses but still very very good band.

Ring the bell... acoustic version - amazing.

When the opening lyrics are
    "You're as tight as a hunters trap, hidden well, what are you concealing" then that gives you carte Blanche to pull of a classic, and imo, Say something is up there with the best.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Demented
    The Demented. There's a good band.