+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jo Cox verdict.

Re: Jo Cox verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Where do you get that information from?. That every right wing paper didn't cover it prominently.

It doesn't get the traction of muslim terrorism because there isn't a further threat.
    What a load of bollocks.

An idea doesn't hurt anyone.

I doubt many Britain first members are ok with killing for their cause, let alone a British mother.

Whereas Islamic terrorism is a bit different currently.

" high profile crime there is a good chance of copycat crimes in future."

I really don't think that is the case.
    Allow me to consider you a racist.

It's a pretty crass link to get a point across to be honest.

One other issue, didn't he decide not to plead insanity rather than the jury or the court?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Jo Cox's legacy will more likely be remembered as someone who served her community well and died at the hands of a racist arsehole.
    The worst aspect of her murder was the fact that she was stabbed and shot in cold blood not some nonsense about it being used by those who were in the Remain campaign.
    What exactly do you mean when you keep regurgitating the line about 'Metropolitan elites' ?
    Can you actually explain or was it something you read in the Daily Mail?
    The fact she was killed is obviously the worst thing that happened, that goes without saying. An unfortunate impact of her death was the hijacking of her murder. It was quite a disgusting ploy by the remain campaign to somehow link her murder to the Brexit campaign.

Metrolpolitan elites - people who sneer at the working classes for voting a certain way. Comments like "people are too stupid to vote" or "they were lied too, they didn't know what they were voting for". Making insinuations about what papers they read is another giveaway, guess you're guilty (for the record I don't think i've ever bought the mail).

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    It's a pretty crass link to get a point across to be honest.

One other issue, didn't he decide not to plead insanity rather than the jury or the court?
    I think his pleas were entered for him as he didn't speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    The fact she was killed is obviously the worst thing that happened, that goes without saying. An unfortunate impact of her death was the hijacking of her murder. It was quite a disgusting ploy by the remain campaign to somehow link her murder to the Brexit campaign.

Metrolpolitan elites - people who sneer at the working classes for voting a certain way. Comments like "people are too stupid to vote" or "they were lied too, they didn't know what they were voting for". Making insinuations about what papers they read is another giveaway, guess you're guilty (for the record I don't think i've ever bought the mail).
    What would you say you are doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What would you say you are doing now?
    Raising the fact her death was hijacked by the remain campaign.

Raising the fact her death was hijacked by the remain campaign.
    Not making some kind of political point though?

It already has a definition and you use it incorrectly in nearly every post you make.

Not making some kind of political point though?
    In the face of her death being hijacked by the remain campaign. Just pointing out I thought it was a deplorable move and it's still being done today. The good people of Batley and Spen voted to leave, they were made to feel guilty for doing so. Jo Cox died at the hands of the local nazi, blaming Brexit for it is disgraceful.

It already has a definition and you use it incorrectly in nearly every post you make.
    Keep sneering.

A day after I posted and still no one from those who cannot or will not see the murder of a sitting MP for what it was are unable to agree with what I posted in my final paragraph;-

"Jo Cox was murdered because of her beliefs by a man whose views anyone who classes themselves as a decent human being should find reprehensible, it would be good to see some of those on here who had a problem with admitting this back in the summer do so now."

What is so bad about that? Is Thomas Mair not a racist scumbag? I'm not accusing anyone on here of being a racist, I'm saying that I don't understand some people's reluctance or unwillingness to admit that he was.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A day after I posted and still no one from those who cannot or will not see the murder of a sitting MP for what it was are unable to agree with what I posted in my final paragraph;-

"Jo Cox was murdered because of her beliefs by a man whose views anyone who classes themselves as a decent human being should find reprehensible, it would be good to see some of those on here who had a problem with admitting this back in the summer do so now."

What is so bad about that? Is Thomas Mair not a racist scumbag? I'm not accusing anyone on here of being a racist, I'm saying that I don't understand some people's reluctance or unwillingness to admit that he was.
    Name names? Who was saying it in the summer who won't now admit he is racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Allow me to consider you a racist.
    I am truly gutted.

Read back on one of my comments.

On the pathetic labeling of racist, watering down the meaning of the word. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think his pleas were entered for him as he didn't speak.
    People are so quick to interpret an opinion in a way so they can cry foul.

It wasn't hard to understand what you meant really. If people read it back to themselves as if you were saying it in real life.

Any excuse to call others scummers and themselves kind and caring.

How can you discuss migration with somebody who openly admits to disliking all migrants? They absolutely aren't going to be willing to accept the existence of positive impacts of migration.
    Many don't. It is pointless talking about it.

But many defenders of migration won't discuss the negative aspects as well.

I am definitely for it, but I think we should have the ability to control it

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    This is the Mail online's take.
    Just when you don't think the Mail can sink any lower.
    Must have been her fault eh..

Attachment 1070
    What is remarkable about that is it is literally the first time that the mail have printed a story about people being kicked out of their home due to the bedroom tax that was in any way sympathetic to the person losing their home.
    In all other stories they are dismissed as scroungers.

It literally takes being a murdering white supremacist terrorist before the mail will try to make excuses for you.

Also this mitigation wasn't put forward by Mair or anyone on his defence team, it is purely conjecture from the mail, which seems a very odd thing for them to be doing

People are so quick to interpret an opinion in a way so they can cry foul.

It wasn't hard to understand what you meant really. If people read it back to themselves as if you were saying it in real life.

Any excuse to call others scummers and themselves kind and caring.
    I don't know what you mean by this.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I don't know what you mean by this.
    I think bluebird 1948 was saying that the "worst part about the reporting of the tragedy was......."

Rather than "The worst part of the tragedy was........".

That was what I read it as anyway. But people try be outraged at every opportunity.

I think bluebird 1948 was saying that the "worst part about the reporting of the tragedy was......."

That was what I read it as anyway. But people try be outraged at every opportunity.
    Ok, but I was replying to and quoting TruBlue. I think we've got some crossed wires here. Maybe I've misunderstood TruBlue.

That's exactly what I meant, it goes without saying that her murder was the worst thing that happened. Mair was a racist and a white supremacist. He wrote letters to magazines based in apartheid era South Africa. Mair was not concerned about immigration, he was concerned about the future of the white race which I find ridiculous. There was a ploy by the BBC and the remain campaign to lump in racists such as Mair and Britain first retards who are opposed to immigration on ethnic grounds with millions of ordinary, often working class people who are concerned about immigration as the impacts of which are effecting them negatively.

As for that ridiculous Mail article - I am a massive supporter of the bedroom tax and the fact Mair was getting kicked out of his three bedroom council house freeing it up for one of the many struggling young families in need of a house that size tells me the system is working well.

That's exactly what I meant, it goes without saying that her murder was the worst thing that happened. Mair was a racist and a white supremacist. He wrote letters to magazines based in apartheid era South Africa. Mair was not concerned about immigration, he was concerned about the future of the white race which I find ridiculous. There was a ploy by the BBC and the remain campaign to lump in racists such as Mair and Britain first retards who are opposed to immigration on ethnic grounds with millions of ordinary, often working class people who are concerned about immigration as the impacts of which are effecting them negatively.

As for that ridiculous Mail article - I am a massive supporter of the bedroom tax and the fact Mair was getting kicked out of his three bedroom council house freeing it up for one of the many struggling young families in need of a house that size tells me the system is working well.
    Both sides tried to capitalise on this if you look back at quotes from around the time.

I think the press need to learn a lesson from this case. Sensationalist 'reporting' will get believed (and occasionally acted upon, with disastrous consequences) by people with mental illness. I wonder how Mair got the impression that he might lose his home and be replaced by a foreign family?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If you cast your minds back to June, you might remember that there were those on here who sought to partially excuse the murder of MP Jo Cox on the grounds that Thomas Mair was a "lone nutter". Well, yesterday came confirmation that this opinion was half right - it seems that Mair did act alone, but the British legal system and the jury that had to consider his actions that day decided that he was sane enough to be held responsible for his actions.

During the referendum campaign, it became too easy to brand those who were going to vote leave as racists (I did it occasionally myself). This was wrong, but I strongly believe that one of the consequences of Brexit is that things have swung too much the other way now.

The seventeen and a half million who voted leave were certainly not all racists, but, in my opinion, enough of them were to make all of the difference to the result.

Obviously, Mair is a very extreme version of the sort of person I talk about above, but in a world where there are so many things happening which are source of concern, I worry that the way elections/referendums have been conducted on both sides of the Atlantic in 2016 is leading to a situation whereby holders of ultra racist views, that most of us want no part of, are beginning to feel legitimised.

There is a two fold potential problem with this - the obvious one is that hate crime will increase (and every poll or public consultation I've seen on the subject since the referendum indicates that it is), but there's also the question of how will those with extreme views on the immigration issue react when, as will inevitably happen, both the Brexit negotiators and Donald Trump are not able to deliver everything that those with extreme views thought they were going to get when the results were confirmed?

Jo Cox was murdered because of her beliefs by a man whose views anyone who classes themselves as a decent human being should find reprehensible, it would be good to see some of those on here who had a problem with admitting this back in the summer do so now.
    No question on this one " murdered because of her beliefs" I would also add though our communities are in far more danger these days from these people ,as we see cuts In policing and care of people who are or mentally vulnerable, but allowed to wander easily thorough our society,its a pity that there is not a process which links known risky prescribed psychotic individuals to some form of database to ensure they are monitored and kept safe, I'm sure this point will upset the civil liberty folk.

Many don't. It is pointless talking about it.

But many defenders of migration won't discuss the negative aspects as well.

I am definitely for it, but I think we should have the ability to control it
    There has been a long history of migration going back thousands of years, so it's hardly a new phenomenon. Just read the history books.