Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
I suppose you pick and choose where you get your information.

What sites do you two use?.

Al Monitor is good.

Bloomberg is good for reporting on things. But not for opinion. They release a ridiculous amount.

I'e subscribed to: http://foreignpolicy.com/ Is that ok or is it totally American leaning?.

Most of the BBC stuff is far better than you'll find on unpaid media.
Why are you asking if others think a website is "reputable" or not? If they say it is, you would then need to ask if the people who recommended it are reputable or not!

The OP has the opinion that Main Stream Media is bad, and the media she reads is good and trustworthy. Nothing wrong with that at all.

However, where the OP is conflicted is where she preaches on telling people that Main Stream Media (BBC/CNN) are fake news peddlers. She is contradicting herself by doing the exact same thing that Main Stream Media (like Facebook/Twitter) are now doing... telling people what to believe and what not to believe.

My rule. Read news items from as many different sources as possible. Look at the evidence, consider the gaps in evidence and form your own opinion.

It would be absolutely crazy to believe your favourite site (whether that is BBC or a "non-mainstream" source) is telling the truth all the time. Some of the preachers here are unwittingly falling into that exact trap.