Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
That BBC one is hilarious – not just spotting fake news but how to grass it up. It’s not like the Beeb have ever tried to shape our perception through omission and emphasis is it? Still, at least they don't make stuff up.......
Don't get me started.. again

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
I know some are suspicious of Patrick Henningsen, but I think he's the real deal. I particularly like that he is consciously bi-partizan.

Obama and Merkel's recent rhetoric is quite transparent and terrifying, the subtext for which is about policing free speech the internet. Add this possibility to the now in place "Snoopers charter" and we can be conclusive about what the agenda is.
The old 'threat to democracy' card, Obama “If we are not serious about facts and what’s true and what’s not, if we can’t discriminate between serious arguments and propaganda, then we have problems,”

Weapons of mass destruction spring to mind..

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
Far better to rely on trusted news sources like uprootedpalstinians.com or some random Twitter feed from a bloke you've never met
I have never posted a link from that site, this thread is not about main stream news, it's about the epidemic of fake news sites that has flooded facebook and other social media for the last few months, it's a deliberate flood of completely fabricated stories so they can push for more censorship of the internet.