+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pro-Trump march planned for Cardiff

Pro-Trump march planned for Cardiff

For this Saturday morning. Looking forward to it already!!

Re: Pro-Trump march planned for Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    For this Saturday morning. Looking forward to it already!!
    They said is was going to snow Is it being organised by the OSF again?

Not sure who is organising it but it's good to bring some balance. Interesting that the minority sport is on the same day Wear red for Donald!!

Blue in the Face

Not sure who is organising it but it's good to bring some balance. Interesting that the minority sport is on the same day Wear red for Donald!!

What's their expected attendance?

I'd be curious to watch what sort of bellend would turn out and march in support for a bloke who's probably never even heard of Cardiff 😃😃
    I think the anti trump protesters are as equally futile but I guess their heart is in the right place.

Don't be grabbing any pussies you trumpers.

Great opportunity to show our belief in democracy!! 1000's will attend

Great opportunity to show our belief in democracy!! 10's will attend
    Fyp

Is this a thread about the two muslim students who conducted a pro-trump demo at the same time as the anti-trump demo as a social experiment?

Or are the EDL in town again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I'd be curious to watch what sort of bellend would turn out and march in support for a bloke who's probably never even heard of Cardiff 
    I think the anti trump protesters are as equally futile but I guess their heart is in the right place.

Don't be grabbing any pussies you trumpers.
    I don't have a view either way about Trump but what makes you think that all pro Trump marchers hearts are not in the right place? I suppose they are all racists are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I don't have a view either way about Trump but what makes you think that all pro Trump marchers hearts are not in the right place? I suppose they are all racists are they?
    I'd question the motives of those marching for a man who's a deleuded narcissist, attempting to ride roughshod over his own country's lawmaking processes, who imposes bans on countries he believes to be a threat whilst supporting those who wish to loosen controls on firearms in his own country which are far more responsible for deaths of American citizens, has the support of far right wing organisations such as breitbart, and is venerated by he likes of the Ku Kix Klan and Britakn first.

Aside from the fact he lives 3000 miles away as I said .

I wouldn't call them racists

I'd call them flies

And trump is a big pile of shit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I'd question the motives of those marching for a man who's a deleuded narcissist, attempting to ride roughshod over his own country's lawmaking processes, who imposes bans on countries he believes to be a threat whilst supporting those who wish to loosen controls on firearms in his own country which are far more responsible for deaths of American citizens, has the support of far right wing organisations such as breitbart, and is venerated by he likes of the Ku Kix Klan and Britakn first.

Aside from the fact he lives 3000 miles away as I said .
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    I wouldn't call them racists

I'd call them flies

And trump is a big pile of shit
    What you have both said is no different to Trump saying 'All Muslims are terrorists' equally as bad imo, unless of course you have spoken to every single Trump supporter and found out their reasons for voting for him?

What you have both said is no different to Trump saying 'All Muslims are terrorists' equally as bad imo, unless of course you have spoken to every single Trump supporter and found out their reasons for voting for him?
    Of course it is different.

Those people (me included) who are pretty confident about the views and motives of a small number of pro-Trump demonstrators in Cardiff may be making some assumptions, and possibly some sweeping generalisations (conflating the Gove Brexiteer type love-in with Trump and the fascist wing of his fan club), but that is based on months of analysing and discussing what Trump says and does that attracts such support.

To say that sort of characterisation is equivalent in any way to Trump's racist stereotyping of an entire faith group is staggering!

I would not give any single label to the tens of millions of American voters who supported Trump. There are certainly wide ranges of views and opinions there - some are sickening alt-right white supremacists, some are disillusioned and abandoned workers in rust belt states who see Trump as their best hope of rolling back the impact of globalisation on their communities and their jobs. There will be many other groups of Trump supporters too - and all cast a democratic vote and have a right to see their choice of President screw up their country and the planet even more than the despised Hillary (who got 3m more votes).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Those people (me included) who are pretty confident about the views and motives of a small number of pro-Trump demonstrators in Cardiff may be making some assumptions, and possibly some sweeping generalisations (conflating the Gove Brexiteer type love-in with Trump and the fascist wing of his fan club), but that is based on months of analysing and discussing what Trump says and does that attracts such support.

To say that sort of characterisation is equivalent in any way to Trump's racist stereotyping of an entire faith group is staggering!

I would not give any single label to the tens of millions of American voters who supported Trump. There are certainly wide ranges of views and opinions there - some are sickening alt-right white supremacists, some are disillusioned and abandoned workers in rust belt states who see Trump as their best hope of rolling back the impact of globalisation on their communities and their jobs. There will be many other groups of Trump supporters too - and all cast a democratic vote and have a right to see their choice of President screw up their country and the planet even more than the despised Hillary (who got 3m more votes).
    This ^^^ I never actually called all trump voters racist, I questioned the motives of those in Cardiff who feel so strongly about the ideals of an American president they want to go and march for him.

Well said Jon 👍👍

Jon, what do you think of Trump's new AG? His first action was issuing an executive order against human trafficking. Trump said he is directing the Departments of Justice and Homeland Security “to undertake all necessary and lawful actions to break the back of the criminal cartels that have spread across our nation and are destroying the blood of our youth.”

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Jon, what do you think of Trump's new AG? His first action was issuing an executive order against human trafficking. Trump said he is directing the Departments of Justice and Homeland Security “to undertake all necessary and lawful actions to break the back of the criminal cartels that have spread across our nation and are destroying the blood of our youth.”
    I'm not sure what to think about a lot of Trump nominees. Jeff Sessions seems to be a nasty piece of work (from his racist past to his alliance with far right Trump cheerleaders now) and most of his stances are repugnant to me:

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions is a four-term junior senator from Alabama who, before being elected to that office in 1996, served as attorney general for the state. Sessions is a conservative Republican who is anti-abortion, anti-immigration, skeptical of climate change and hostile to same-sex marriage. On issues of criminal justice, Sessions has championed “law and order”, stern marijuana prohibition and the unregulated use of civil forfeiture by law enforcement.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...torney-general

However, he may end up doing some good things in office - if only to dampen the hostility. He has done a bit of re-inventing or re-packaging of his profile and record in the past few days and may not live up 100% to the fears of his opponents. Who knows?

A number of Trump appointments (Environment, Israeli ambassador...etc) frighten me. Others (State and Supreme Court) on first impression seem to be stronger and more independent of the policy group around Trump than I expected - and have already challenged Trump and his inner circle. Neil Gorsuch was pretty clear that he wasn't going to be tarred with the attack from Trump on the judiciary around the Islamic immigration and refugee ban. I don't know if that came as a surprise to POTUS or not or whether there are a few deliberate sweeteners in the Cabinet and other appointments mix.

I expect Trump and most of his appointees to be a disaster for the USA and the wider world. However I was taken with the Bernie Sanders reaction to the election outcome about challenging the bad stuff, but holding him to his promises where they could be good or positive. Some of what Trump claimed to believe was close to the Sanders position (even if it was never convincing from Trump) - on globalisation, big finance, jobs, and very likely 'human trafficking'. They were a world apart on almost everything else.

Blog Entries

'Some' being the most important word, are they not an entire faith group? politics is just another set of beliefs imo, race, colour, religion, belief system are all irrelevant to me as I see everyone the same so to me they are just another group of people who are judged on the actions of a few, whatever way you look at it it's still not right to do that is it? that's all I'm saying.

Trump demo.jpg

This was the night after the anti-Trump demo but I've heard they're hoping for a greater number on Saturday if he can get time off work.

Go red for Donald!! 3.00pm start at Castle. Wear anything red to show your support

Go red for Donald!! 3.00pm start at Castle. Wear anything red to show your support

Good to see the people supporting democracy over subversion. I never realised there were so many commies about until now.

I'm not sure this stands up. Trump may or may not be what his opponents label him as but that is how he chose to campaign, and thus if you voted for him or march for him you have to qualify why you're supporting an individual who has made blatant racist, sexist, anti-disability etc. comments.

Considering America's centre-point seems more right-wing (until Bernie started to make strides) than the UK, Trump has been at times far more BNP than UKIP or May style Tory. That he's been welcomed by Farage and May shows just how desperate we are to maintain out relationship with America (in the long run is supporting Trump the best thing for that?) and what they individually see as acceptable behaviour.

Even if Trump speaks your political mindset 80% of the time, with his isolationism and anti-climate tendencies etc, then the answer is to find and back someone doing this 100% of the time rather than spending 20% speaking and acting in a discriminatory way.
    Last edited by surge; 12-02-17 at 16:18.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I'm not sure this stands up. Trump may or may not be what his opponents label him as but that is how he chose to campaign, and thus if you voted for him or march for him you have to qualify why you're supporting an individual who has made blatant racist, sexist, anti-disability etc. comments.

Considering America's centre-point seems more right-wing (until Bernie started to make strides) than the UK, Trump has been at times far more BNP than UKIP or May style Tory. That he's been welcomed by Farage and May shows just how desperate we are to maintain out relationship with America (in the long run is supporting Trump the best thing for that?) and what they individually see as acceptable behaviour.

Even if Trump speaks your political mindset 80% of the time, with his isolationism and anti-climate tendencies etc, then the answer is to find and back someone doing this 100% of the time rather than spending 20% speaking and acting in a discriminatory way.
    For some it was a case of voting for who they hated the least, you don't have to love Trump to hate Hilary more, they are still supporters of him if they voted for him, I can't see them marching though.