+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will there ever be another music scene?

Re: Will there ever be another music scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Really ? What is the rebellion music of the modern era ? X factoring ....
    I've no idea, I'm getting on, like most in this thread, just willing to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Punk, Prog, New Wave, Ska, Mod, New Romantic, Rockabilly, Glam, Garage, Hip Hop, Baggy, House, Grunge, Britpop etc etc
    Not just the music but the clubs, the clothes, the drink, the drugs, the lifestyle. Is it a thing of the past?

The quality of mainstream music is at an all time low, but there is still plenty of great music about, surely the time is right for something big to come along. It's been years.

Are you too old to notice? Grime is massive at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Are you too old to notice? Grime is massive at the moment.
    Would that be Bob feat Jazee, like...

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    My take on it is I don't think musicians are as influential as they once were.
    We've got the internet, million and one Tv channels, and also many platforms were people can have a voice. You don't need to be on top of the pops with millions tuning in to see what the latest trends are.
    Popular culture has changed and sadly reality Tv stars and bloggers are just as influential as musicians.

That's my take on the music and fashion, with regards the drink, drugs and partying, what I know is the youth of today are just as bad if not worse than we were back in the 90s.
    Definitely this. Also there is far more music choice about these days, and everyone is / can be more aware of them with self publishing etc and so music will forever more be fragmented with thousands of smaller 'scenes', instead of one big one every so often. (Which was more often than not a 'product' cynically pushed out by the biggest producers to sell their 'brand' anyway).

You tubers are more influential than musicians these days, they reach millions every day with,what i consider at least , utter shite.
    The amount of time i used to listen to music after school my daughter spends watching fashion,art or baking blogs. While my son watches football and gaming blogs.
    It annoys me as much as it must have annoyed my parents with me blasting out Madness and The Specials back in the day.
    The only good thing is that many of them also release books,cash ins maybe but at least it encourages kids to pick up a book and read.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's been bred out of the kids at school, young people today are collectivist globabalists, who probably think it's bad to identify with an inward looking cultural movement.
    If you say so ? youngsters doing or being bred out of not doing something or wanting to be different, ain't in my world , its just a case the boundaries of music have been stretched and done

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    A shed load of old blokes not wanting to admit to turning into their parents in this thread.
    Or seen it all and are more than happy to have the memories and grow old. Just seems like it's a pretty dull time to be 20 unless of course you like dull generic clubs and no new bands of any note....let's just re hash early rave and call it something else eh

Feedback

there is definitely good new music out there but there really isn't a scene that will define a generation. there hasn't been since house/baggy and the derivatives such as shoegaze/britpop.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    there is definitely good new music out there but there really isn't a scene that will define a generation. there hasn't been since house/baggy and the derivatives such as shoegaze/britpop.
    Others have tried to say the same, but you have summarised it really well.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    I'm an auditor and I've just been 'Stock Taking at Watermans' . Does anyone else's job take them incongruously close to the name of a 1980s music production outfit?
    I'm a quality tester at a well known sweet manufacturer. I get an erection every time I suck on one of our mints - a Trebor Horn.