+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kevin Sheedy

Kevin Sheedy

Said on Fantasy football club last night that he could have played for Wales or Ireland. Ireland sent him a letter saying he was selected for their squad so he phoned Wales to find out if he would be in the upcoming Welsh squad and they told him we're not in the business of telling players they're in the Welsh squad early ffs

Re: Kevin Sheedy

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Said on Fantasy football club last night that he could have played for Wales or Ireland. Ireland sent him a letter saying he was selected for their squad so he phoned Wales to find out if he would be in the upcoming Welsh squad and they told him we're not in the business of telling players they're in the Welsh squad early ffs
    Born in Builth Wells. Two league titles, FA Cup and European Cup Winners Cup Winner and 46 caps for Ireland

Arghh.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Born in Builth Wells. Two league titles, FA Cup and European Cup Winners Cup Winner and 46 caps for Ireland
    Raised in Cwmbran as I recall (i believe) to at least one Welsh parent. I had the pleasure of playing against Kevin when he was with Hereford United and I was with Abergavenny Thursdays, happily we beat them 2-0.

I didn't realise he was Welsh until I heard his accent last night so I googled him. His dad was Irish and his mother Welsh.

Great left foot. Who was on the left for Wales in that era? Top of my head I can remember Peter Nicholas and Dave Phillips in midfield ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    I didn't realise he was Welsh until I heard his accent last night so I googled him. His dad was Irish and his mother Welsh.

Great left foot. Who was on the left for Wales in that era? Top of my head I can remember Peter Nicholas and Dave Phillips in midfield ?
    God bless Kev and his left foot blast against England in 1990 😃🇮🇪

Loved the efficiency and vision stories of the Welsh FA .

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    God bless Kev and his left foot blast against England in 1990 😃🇮🇪
    Absolute wand of a left foot in his day, great player.
    Useless old fcuks the Welsh FA, always have been bunch of freeloaders so doesn't surprise me at all.