+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Unlucky today, I though.......

Unlucky today, I though.......

I have been disappointed by Cardiff City so many times in the recent past, but today was not one of them.

I thought that we were the better side in the first half and played some nice football. Villa had two shots on goal and scored from both. But we seemed to be running the game.

The second half again was all City, almost entirely played in the Villa half.

We looked threatening until Colin took off Lambert (knackered) and Pilks (I don't know why but there was lots of booing) and we never looked the same after that.

Much as I dislike Jack Grealish, his contributors were telling in that he drew the foul from Peltier to get him sent off, and the tackle from Morrison (I think) for the penalty, although even having watched the replays it really looked like a dive.

But I don't feel disappointed by the team, only that Villa are a pretty mediocre side and we really should have taken something from the game - at least it wasn't Slade-era boring.

The ref was a bit petty and the home crowd were quiet until the 82nd minute, but can someone tell me what happened for their second goal? Morrison didn't jump, lots of players appealed and it was as if time stood still. At the time I wasn't even sure that the ref had given a goal. All very odd.

Re: Unlucky today, I though.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I have been disappointed by Cardiff City so many times in the recent past, but today was not one of them.

I thought that we were the better side in the first half and played some nice football. Villa had two shots on goal and scored from both. But we seemed to be running the game.

The second half again was all City, almost entirely played in the Villa half.

We looked threatening until Colin took off Lambert (knackered) and Pilks (I don't know why but there was lots of booing) and we never looked the same after that.

Much as I dislike Jack Grealish, his contributors were telling in that he drew the foul from Peltier to get him sent off, and the tackle from Morrison (I think) for the penalty, although even having watched the replays it really looked like a dive.

But I don't feel disappointed by the team, only that Villa are a pretty mediocre side and we really should have taken something from the game - at least it wasn't Slade-era boring.

The ref was a bit petty and the home crowd were quiet until the 82nd minute, but can someone tell me what happened for their second goal? Morrison didn't jump, lots of players appealed and it was as if time stood still. At the time I wasn't even sure that the ref had given a goal. All very odd.

they were claiming that Kodija had his hands on Morrisons shoulders so that he couldn't jump

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    they were claiming that Kodija had his hands on Morrisons shoulders so that he couldn't jump
    Kodija is all over him on the highlights

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Kodija is all over him on the highlights
    Spotted at the time. Clear foul. Maybe Morrison should be cuter/stronger/more aware, as I see plenty were quick to blame him, but if you are being held down you just can't jump. Simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Spotted at the time. Clear foul. Maybe Morrison should be cuter/stronger/more aware, as I see plenty were quick to blame him, but if you are being held down you just can't jump. Simple as that
    There was nothing wrong with that goal. Everyone on here (or those who bother about the football at least) would have been up in arms if we'd scored a goal like that and it had been disallowed for a foul.

From what I have managed to see, and what I listened to, on another day that may well have ended with the scores a little more level.
    It was disappointing, but at least we are now in a position to be disappointed we didn't come away with more against the likes of Villa, who are on the climb.
    The 'predictions' thread wasn't brimming with confidence over this one in any case.
    Onwards .. and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There was nothing wrong with that goal. Everyone on here (or those who bother about the football at least) would have been up in arms if we'd scored a goal like that and it had been disallowed for a foul.
    3rd attempt at replying as this shitty site keeps trying to redirect me to a betting AP.

I've seen plenty of similar goals disallowed. Kodija definitely nudges Morrison .
    Also plenty of free kicks when it's the other way around.
    In the rules of the game it's a foul.

However in fairness some refs ignore it.

Kodija has both hands on his shoulders and pushes himself up. It was a foul. But as has been mentioned, it happens.