+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Referee

The Referee

He seemed to forget that football is a contact sport

They went down every time we went in for a tackle, and normally won a free kick for their trouble, Grealish especially.

I think Warnock summed up Grealish rather well:
    "I was disappointed in Grealish shouting at the referee to get players booked."

Re: The Referee

Sour grapes

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He seemed to forget that football is a contact sport

They went down every time we went in for a tackle, and normally won a free kick for their trouble, Grealish especially.

I think Warnock summed up Grealish rather well:
    "I was disappointed in Grealish shouting at the referee to get players booked."
    I agree. The ref was poor today and Grealish was looking for a foul every time.

At least the ref DID book Agbonlahor for dissent but overall he was sub standard I thought.

Grealish was being slated by "non biased" Radio Wales commentary and the referee favoured AV on many occasions.

I did miss the last 20 though as I couldn't stand Rob Phillips's ramblings on anything and everything, apart from what was happening on the pitch!
    I wondered whether we might have deserved something but it seems after reading some of the credible reports that, although battling hard and some questionable refereeing, we are lacking some quality personnel. Sounds about right but a bit of perspective is required considering the opposition.

Missed 3 Villa handballs in 5 minutes and should have booked Grealish for the 'card ' gesture. Trying to get players booked .