+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Formula One

Formula One

I suspect that as there aren't any posts (that I can remember anyway) regarding this that nobody gives a flying fcuk for the sport.
    Therefore, what is it about this "sport" that the media think they need to keep reporting on it?

F1 has had its day IMO.

Re: Formula One

It's dying on it's arse big time. The Malaysians have even told them to not bother next year because they don't sell enough tickets. Media bang on about it because of nostalgia purposes I imagine. I think it would have died in this country if it wasn't for Hamilton and Button but with Button gone and Hamilton being hated by pretty much everyone I imagine the media and Sky will lose interest very quickly.

It's a shame that rallying doesn't get the coverage it deserves, I find it far more exciting than F1. People like a race but nearly every course in F1 I hear described as "notoriously difficult to overtake on" which is surely the whole point of a race.

Is there a Formula 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Is there a Formula 2?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_Two

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Ah, thanks.

It's all gone too technical for me, too many rules and regulations I don't understand (fuel, tyres etc), no characters and some bloke with a laptop in the pits has almost as much to do with the outcome of the race as the driver. It's become very boring, for me at least.

Let's also not ignore the effect of the ads and TBG.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    It's all gone too technical for me, too many rules and regulations I don't understand (fuel, tyres etc), no characters and some bloke with a laptop in the pits has almost as much to do with the outcome of the race as the driver. It's become very boring, for me at least.

Let's also not ignore the effect of the ads and TBG.