+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Islam

Re: Islam

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Welcome back, I hope there won't be any more schoolboy errors coming from you this time

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You don't say :rolleyes:
    What's your favourite non-religious fairy tale?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Welcome back, I hope there won't be any more schoolboy errors coming from you this time
    fishing is meant to be relaxing

What's your favourite non-religious fairy tale?
    The Girl Without Hands

"A man accidentally trades his daughter to the devil for wealth, because that's apparently something you can do by mistake (maybe he checked the wrong box on the application). But the daughter fights back by washing her hands, enraging the devil, who prefers everything to be covered in fart dust.

Predictably, the devil just has her hands chopped off. However, she cries so much that her blood-spouting stumps are washed clean, and the devil throws up his hooves and calls the whole deal off."

The Girl Without Hands

"A man accidentally trades his daughter to the devil for wealth, because that's apparently something you can do by mistake (maybe he checked the wrong box on the application). But the daughter fights back by washing her hands, enraging the devil, who prefers everything to be covered in fart dust.

Predictably, the devil just has her hands chopped off. However, she cries so much that her blood-spouting stumps are washed clean, and the devil throws up his hooves and calls the whole deal off."
    Yeah, that's a good one by the Brothers Grimm.

So are there any fairy tales that control how you act in your day to day existence, in a similar way that religion controlled people in the past?

Yeah, that's a good one by the Brothers Grimm.

So are there any fairy tales that control how you act in your day to day existence, in a similar way that religion controlled people in the past?
    Yes, I get indoors before midnight lest I turn into a pumpkin. (Some people think that it has already happened though).

Yes, I get indoors before midnight lest I turn into a pumpkin. (Some people think that it has already happened though).
    Religion is only an idea that a group of people were collectivelly persuaded to believe in by a super-salesman. There are plenty of modern day examples of shared beliefs that have no basis in reality.