+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Islam

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Islam

I found this odd in something I'm reading.

Mohammed in 610 had those revelations in the cave in arabia. The angel Gabriel told him he was the chosen one and all that jazz.

At the time in Mecca the leaders were polytheistic, they believed in multiple gods.

When the leaders of mecca, the pagans, realised Mohammed was preaching doom and death to the non believers, they wanted him gone.

Mohammed and his small group of followers flee to medina. After attacking tribes and merchant camel trains, gaining more wealth, they gained more followers. Divine protection they played it off as.

In 624 the leaders of Mecca realised they were getting too big so decided to negotiate a truce.

My question is that Mohammed was the messenger, yet up until 625, Muslims were instructed to pray towards Jerusalem, not Mecca??.

Coincidentally, the centre of Islam moved from Jerusalem to Mecca in 628, after the negotiations.

Not only that, The Kaaba in Mecca, the "house of allah" is said to be Islam's most holy point. This was there prior to Mohammed. It was pagan.

After this the pagan leaders of Mecca pledged allegiance to Islam. Who'd have thunk it?.

It doesn't so much come across as being some divine intervention, more a power grab from mohammed to gain followers.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 28-11-16 at 22:06.