Re: New fivers

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Not suitable for veggies, it seems

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38144598

Love um

So don't eat them.

What is it with vegetarians and their veggie sausages and veggie burgers? I'm a meat eater, but I don't go around making carrots and sprouts out of beef.

This is a genuine offer to all Vegans bring any fivers you don't want to the City on Saturday and I will happily take them from you and ensure thy find a good home .

Same goes for your cars and homes ,its not right you should suffer.

People can laugh about this but people also laughed about the new greased cartridges before the Indian Mutiny!

Non-vegan fivers could be the the final straw. First Brexit, then Trump, followed by Grealish.... now dodgy notes!

[QUOTE=bobh;4697480]Not suitable for veggies, it seems

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38144598[/QUOTE

"Cows are considered sacred by Hindus, many of whom don't wear shoes or carry bags "

can`t say i`ve seen many cows wearing shoes either, (the four legged variety of cow that is)

****ing taste disgusting. Fried one last night. Certainly not enough animal fat in them.

Folded up they are very good at getting food trapped between teeth .

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    What is it with vegetarians and their veggie sausages and veggie burgers? I'm a meat eater, but I don't go around making carrots and sprouts out of beef.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Folded up they are very good at getting food trapped between teeth .
    Why would you want to get food trapped between your teeth?

Bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Why would you want to get food trapped between your teeth?

Bit weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post

I get the Hindu outrage but veggies

If God wanted us to be vegetarians he wouldn't have made animals out of meat!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I get the Hindu outrage but veggies

If got wanted us to be vegetarians he wouldn't have made animals oit of meat!

Who is "GOT"

Blog Entries

Even though I don't eat meat I don't have a problem with it, it's not like they are killing the animals just to make 5 pound notes, if they were it would be a different story, you can't stop people eating meat so surely it's better to get as much use out of the ones that are killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Even though I don't eat meat I don't have a problem with it, it's not like they are killing the animals just to make 5 pound notes, if they were it would be a different story, you can't stop people eating meat so surely it's better to get as much use out of the ones that are killed?
    If it makes you feel any better, send all your new fivers to me.

I'll use 'um to buy salad

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

You can have all the ones I've collected since they came out, which is none

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Are fivers gluten free then Tone?

Is anyone surprised that his government is making money from the death of animals ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Is anyone surprised that his government is making money from the death of animals ffs

BTW assume you meant "this" instead of "his" or perhaps "her"?... Oh God, the grammar policing is rubbing off, kill me now

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

BTW assume you meant "this" instead of "his" or perhaps "her"?... Oh God, the grammar policing is rubbing off, kill me now
    Yeah. Wat a wat!!

A Very Precise Calculation of Exactly How Many Cows Are Being Murdered to Make the New Fivers
    By Morgan Harries

November 30, 2016

The Maths!

Tallow is rendered cow or mutton fat, but for the sake of argument let's go with cows here.

How much do cows weigh? Between 1,100 kg for a male and 720 kg for a female. So, on average, a cow weighs 910 kg.

The body fat content of an average cow is 25 percent. Therefore, the amount of fat in an average cow's body is 227.5 kg.

How many kilograms of this fat is contained in offcuts you could use to make tallow?About 40 kg, according to a man at the James Elliott butcher in Islington.

How much tallow is used in one note, according to the Bank of England? "A trace", which chemically means less than 100 parts per million, or 0.01 percent. A polymer consultant I called confirmed that the tallow present in a given polymer would be a fraction of a single percentage.

New £5 notes weigh 0.7 g, therefore there is roughly 0.00007 g of tallow present in one £5 note.

How many fivers are in circulation now, and therefore will be around by May of 2017, when all the old paper ones have been phased out? 329 million notes.

To work out how much tallow will be used in total in all of these fivers, we need to multiply 0.00007g by 329 million, which gives us 23,030 g, or 23 kg.

And if you get about 40 kg of tallow-worthy fat from the average cow, how many cows would you need to make every single £5 note in circulation?

JUST OVER HALF OF ONE COW

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/a-ver...ource=vicefbuk

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    A Very Precise Calculation of Exactly How Many Cows Are Being Murdered to Make the New Fivers
    By Morgan Harries

November 30, 2016

The Maths!

Tallow is rendered cow or mutton fat, but for the sake of argument let's go with cows here.

How much do cows weigh? Between 1,100 kg for a male and 720 kg for a female. So, on average, a cow weighs 910 kg.

The body fat content of an average cow is 25 percent. Therefore, the amount of fat in an average cow's body is 227.5 kg.

How many kilograms of this fat is contained in offcuts you could use to make tallow?About 40 kg, according to a man at the James Elliott butcher in Islington.

How much tallow is used in one note, according to the Bank of England? "A trace", which chemically means less than 100 parts per million, or 0.01 percent. A polymer consultant I called confirmed that the tallow present in a given polymer would be a fraction of a single percentage.

New £5 notes weigh 0.7 g, therefore there is roughly 0.00007 g of tallow present in one £5 note.

How many fivers are in circulation now, and therefore will be around by May of 2017, when all the old paper ones have been phased out? 329 million notes.

To work out how much tallow will be used in total in all of these fivers, we need to multiply 0.00007g by 329 million, which gives us 23,030 g, or 23 kg.

And if you get about 40 kg of tallow-worthy fat from the average cow, how many cows would you need to make every single £5 note in circulation?

JUST OVER HALF OF ONE COW

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/a-ver...ource=vicefbuk
    Which half though, smartarse? I don't want to be buying my kebabs with some poor cow's face, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Which half though, smartarse? I don't want to be buying my kebabs with some poor cow's face, mate.
    Better than handing some poor cashier part of a cow's arsehole as currency...