+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone on here watched Peaky Blinders?

Anyone on here watched Peaky Blinders?

I'm not a great tv watcher and I only found this series by chance on Netflix last week.
    I won't give anything away for those of you we haven't watched it, but its well worth a view.
    The theme music is kind of special too.

Re: Anyone on here watched Peaky Blinders?

series one and two were brilliant, imho series three lost its way a bit, great music

I agree with Packman 3rd series lost it's way....theres two more series coming out.
    I know Paul Anderson he was a Ticket tout for years and then got into acting and I think he has played this part Brilliant.
    I love Tom Hardy's Character though (Alfie Solomon).

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I agree with Packman 3rd series lost it's way....theres two more series coming out.
    I know Paul Anderson he was a Ticket tout for years and then got into acting and I think he has played this part Brilliant.
    I love Tom Hardy's Character though (Alfie Solomon).
    Tom hardy is brilliant in Lawless and recently the Revenant, cillian murphy is great in peaky blinders as is whoever plays his older brother

Not seen this but was very impressed with Tom Hardy in an ITV dramatisation of a female crime writer's book a good few years ago. I thought he played the psycho so well he was destined for bigger things, and he seems to have followed that through with another great performance as both of the Krays in Legend, and although I've not seen it, another highly rated showing in Bronson.

I'm guessing he's a psycho in Peaky Blinders too!

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Not seen this but was very impressed with Tom Hardy in an ITV dramatisation of a female crime writer's book a good few years ago. I thought he played the psycho so well he was destined for bigger things, and he seems to have followed that through with another great performance as both of the Krays in Legend, and although I've not seen it, another highly rated showing in Bronson.

I'm guessing he's a psycho in Peaky Blinders too!
    That TV drama was The Take by Martina Cole and I thoroughly recommend it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Take_(TV_series)

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    I'm not a great tv watcher and I only found this series by chance on Netflix last week.
    I won't give anything away for those of you we haven't watched it, but its well worth a view.
    Prob my fave Tv series.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Tom hardy is brilliant in Lawless and recently the Revenant, cillian murphy is great in peaky blinders as is whoever plays his older brother
    Yes Paul Anderson plays the older brother....he's also in the remake of the Firm and had a small part in Top Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Yes Paul Anderson plays the older brother....he's also in the remake of the Firm and had a small part in Top Boy.
    he was good in The Firm

Series 1 great, rest is dribble.

Series 1 was totally excellent.

Series 2 was less excellent but still good

Series 3 was not excellent.... in fact some might describe it as 'dribble'!

Series 4 will be excellent again! I have confidence. It's as if Neil Warnock had been taken on as writer and director. Can't fail!

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    A bit of Nick Cave for you

https://youtu.be/kUlgN__Jrxk

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    A bit of Nick Cave for you

https://youtu.be/kUlgN__Jrxk
    Yes great title track very industrial, I do think though he's influenced by Tom Waits ,give Rain Dogs a listen.