+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ramsey

Ramsey

After the exit of Arsenal last night in the league cup I thought I'd have a look at the teams on show.
    Not sure if it was shown live at all or if anyone watched it through a stream but, although Arsenal looked to have quite a few "names" playing, they were by no means the top boys, except Ramsey.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ar...n/teams/367825

I wondered whether he was given the creative midfielder role as opposed to the second fiddle to Ozil one he normally plays and how he did and I'm assuming from the result that if he did play this role, it didn't quite come off?

I know it's been debated before, and to a degree thought better to give Wenger the benefit of the doubt that he had Aaron's best interests at heart, but also wonder whether it's time he did think about plying his trade elsewhere for the good of his career.

Re: Ramsey

If you read the arsenal forum they rip into him nonstop.

Which is no surprise....After he broke his leg and was performing badly they booed/criticised him.

I like arsenal but their fans online are a load of glory hunters.

I could see him at spurs but obviously that wouldn't happen.

Liverpool maybe?.

I wouldnt move if I was him though.

He should have gone to United. I personally believe his career would have flourished far more there.
    I honestly can't believe get has opted to stay with arsenal this long.

I do believe he would flourish if he had structured coaching and someone would help him at times with his decision making.

I do think if he gets a chance to go to Spain he should be on the next plane out

I hope the rumours of him moving abroad are true. Arsenal are stale and their fans are amongst the most fickle I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Ramsey is usually a target of theirs especially when things are sour. I honestly think I've seen Ozil have more shockers than Ramsey and you hear no criticism whatsoever.

Ramsey is a brilliant player but I don't think he can develop more at Arsenal, a move abroad would be ideal.

Somewhere like Man Utd though would be worse than what he has now.

Arsenal fans are the most fickle of all in the country and have never really taken to Ramsey. Wenger also doesn't make the most of him and I think his career will go stale if he stays there much longer.

I'd love to see him move abroad, think he could flourish in La Liga and would be good news for Wales too. Having key players ply thier trade in Europe only helps the national team I think, something which England have lacked for years.

Arsenal seem to be a club where you can be rewarded with a bigger and bigger deal when you're yet to really breakthrough (see Walcott) or be cheered by the fans when you waste you talent smoking (see "Our Jack") while others can be booed for just coming back from injury.

I don't think it's the best club to join as a youth player if you want to fulfill your potential but many footballers enjoy the London life, competing in the league and for trophies and being trusted by the manager through a bad spell.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    If you read the arsenal forum they rip into him nonstop.

Which is no surprise....After he broke his leg and was performing badly they booed/criticised him.

I like arsenal but their fans online are a load of glory hunters.

I could see him at spurs but obviously that wouldn't happen.

Liverpool maybe?.

I wouldnt move if I was him though.
    Arsenal mania?

Banned

Tbf to some of his critics Ramsey hasn't been particularly good for over 2 seasons,not completely his fault but i think a move would do him good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I hope the rumours of him moving abroad are true. Arsenal are stale and their fans are amongst the most fickle I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Ramsey is usually a target of theirs especially when things are sour. I honestly think I've seen Ozil have more shockers than Ramsey and you hear no criticism whatsoever.

Ramsey is a brilliant player but I don't think he can develop more at Arsenal, a move abroad would be ideal.

A good summary.

All fans are fickle, whatever the club. Man Utd fans booed Giggs when his position was switched originally. Unbelievably some of our "fans" booed Whitts too (he was out of his depth though in that game) but to boo him? I do agree though that Aaron could do better elsewhere, I don't think they have ever appreciated him.

Arsenal's fans don't deserve Ramsey

Definitely time for Ramsey to move abroad. Arsenal fans don't appreciate him and Wenger constantly plays him out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Arsenal fans are the most fickle of all in the country and have never really taken to Ramsey. Wenger also doesn't make the most of him and I think his career will go stale if he stays there much longer.

I'd love to see him move abroad, think he could flourish in La Liga and would be good news for Wales too. Having key players ply thier trade in Europe only helps the national team I think, something which England have lacked for years.
    I couldn't agree more. I'd love to see more of our players strengthening their game abroad, and Ramsey would be an obvious fit.

For some reason he is a scapegoat at Arsenal, and I'm sure he'd be glad to be rid of the virus that is Piers Morgan.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

I lived with some arsenal fans , and gave met quite a few over here . They are devoid of real football knowledge and actually prefer chamberlain, Walcott, and the sainted Jack to Ramsey.
    You can't eveb debate with them , they notice every mistake , but say he was great for Wales in the Euros.

I think Ramsey tries too hard to win them over with over ambitios balls and flicks .
    He would be better off at Stoke never mind Barcelona.

If I was an Arsenal fan, I think I'd be critical of Ramsey. He rarely bosses the midfield, he doesn't get many goals and he gives the ball away often. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great player with a terrific work rate, buy he's not in the top tier of midfield players which is probably what Arsenal think they deserve. Would Ramsey start for Chelsea?

Ramsey is nearly always played out of position so I don't see how he can be expected to boss midfield especially if he is stuck out on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He should have gone to United. I personally believe his career would have flourished far more there.
    I honestly can't believe get has opted to stay with arsenal this long.

I do believe he would flourish if he had structured coaching and someone would help him at times with his decision making.

I do think if he gets a chance to go to Spain he should be on the next plane out
    Hard to argue with that.
    Man U have fair been ripping the trees up since the demise of Alex Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If I was an Arsenal fan, I think I'd be critical of Ramsey. He rarely bosses the midfield, he doesn't get many goals and he gives the ball away often. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great player with a terrific work rate, buy he's not in the top tier of midfield players which is probably what Arsenal think they deserve. Would Ramsey start for Chelsea?
    Yep - I'd have him in instead of Pedro every time.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yep - I'd have him in instead of Pedro every time.
    I'm not sure about that Bob. I think Pedro is excellent

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm not sure about that Bob. I think Pedro is excellent
    Pedro has been excellent for Chelsea for the last six weeks maybe - before that he had struggled to get a game for a season and a half.

I think Aaron Ramsey is an very good player who has better vision and technical ability than most British footballers, however I do believe he has made a massive mistake staying at Arsenal and stagnating in some areas of his game for so long.

I do think Wenger seems to adopt the attitude of just go out and play to his players and I think this has prevented Ramsey growing in the tactical side of the game.

Sometimes he makes bizarre and frustrating decisions on the ball, there was an example of this in the Serbia game recently where he decided to hold onto the ball when Bale would have been through if he opted for the early pass. I believe these things would have been ironed out early in his career and he would have been truly world class by now.

In some respects he reminds me of iniesta but in other respects he's as far away from iniesta as Andy Gorman!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Pedro has been excellent for Chelsea for the last six weeks maybe - before that he had struggled to get a game for a season and a half.
    I think that has been down to the Chelsea management and settling in England to be honest.
    He was very very unfortunate to be at Barcelona at the same time as Messi and Neymar in my opinion.

La liga would be perfect for him, slower paced and technical.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Ramsey is nearly always played out of position so I don't see how he can be expected to boss midfield especially if he is stuck out on the right.

Ramsey rarely plays on the wings anymore,iwobl left and walflop/oxtail on the right,I think xhaka was brought in to play alongside him but he's taking a while to get up to speed.ramseys never ending cycle of niggling injuries aren't helping him.