+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intimate Evening with John Toshack at CCS

Intimate Evening with John Toshack at CCS

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...qlJMGPty6OT.99

Cardiff City Football Club is delighted to announce that an intimate evening with John Toshack will be held at Cardiff City Stadium early in the New Year.

The home of the Bluebirds will host one of Cardiff City FC’s most famous sons for a Q&A on Friday, 6th January 2017.

Tickets for ‘Tales from the Grange End’ - supported by Fine Wines Direct - are now on sale priced at just £25.00 per person. Availability is extremely limited on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, so don’t miss out!

Speaking of the event, Cardiff City FC Executive Director & CEO Ken Choo said: “I’ve had the pleasure of meeting John on two occasions in the past month and am delighted that he’s going to come home to speak to our supporters.

“We’re welcoming a friend back home after too long away. John has played and managed some of the biggest clubs in the world, but there’s always been a place in his heart for the club he began his career with and with whom he enjoyed so many fantastic times.

“Coming home is something I know means a lot to him, as it will to all associated with Cardiff City FC.”

Re: Intimate Evening with John Toshack at CCS

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...qlJMGPty6OT.99

Cardiff City Football Club is delighted to announce that an intimate evening with John Toshack will be held at Cardiff City Stadium early in the New Year.

The home of the Bluebirds will host one of Cardiff City FC’s most famous sons for a Q&A on Friday, 6th January 2017.

Tickets for ‘Tales from the Grange End’ - supported by Fine Wines Direct - are now on sale priced at just £25.00 per person. Availability is extremely limited on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, so don’t miss out!

Speaking of the event, Cardiff City FC Executive Director & CEO Ken Choo said: “I’ve had the pleasure of meeting John on two occasions in the past month and am delighted that he’s going to come home to speak to our supporters.

“We’re welcoming a friend back home after too long away. John has played and managed some of the biggest clubs in the world, but there’s always been a place in his heart for the club he began his career with and with whom he enjoyed so many fantastic times.

“Coming home is something I know means a lot to him, as it will to all associated with Cardiff City FC.”
    "Coming home"?

He may well be from Cardiff and started his career here but I reckon he regards "home" further west

An intimate evening with John Toshack

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What a lovely image to be left with !

Question one: Are you surprised that Cameron didn't emulate your distinguished playing career?

This could be a high profile night

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Question one: Are you surprised that Cameron didn't emulate your distinguished playing career?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    "Coming home"?

He may well be from Cardiff and started his career here but I reckon he regards "home" further west
    Think the story was that he wanted to come back to us but Jimmy Andrews put a stop to it, the rest down west is history.

"Coming home"?

You'd be wrong on that one then.

Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    Think the story was that he wanted to come back to us but Jimmy Andrews put a stop to it, the rest down west is history.
    There's even more to it than that, a few of the directors were scared off by his ambitions. They weren't the sort to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    That's as may be but I always got the impression that he favoured Swansea over Cardiff.

Perhaps that is his second question after the Cameron one

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    You'd be wrong on that one then.
    Well I'm not sure it's very possible, but I suppose I could be

There's even more to it than that, a few of the directors were scared off by his ambitions. They weren't the sort to speculate.
    Yeah I know but I think Andrews thought he was a threat to his job as well.

Correct,he wanted to manage the Club at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Correct,he wanted to manage the Club at the time.
    Never let facts get in the way of parochial prejudice.

CVL and Old Blue may well be correct with their "facts" but since he was overlooked and managed to build a successful portfolio at other clubs, as I've said, I got the feeling over a long period of time that he was quite bitter towards the club. He certainly wasn't slow in having a pop at us in his various interviews and let's face it, we were cannon fodder for a long long time.

TBG may also be correct in his insinuation that I am biased because he is a Jack, but only partially correct.... he also signed for, and was successful at, Liverpool who I did not like at the time and have not liked since for reasons I will not bore you with but might be obvious to some.

Lump that in with the fact that when he was a pundit on the TV, he was highly critical of our Welsh managers and their tactics, mainly because he wanted the job himself. When he finally got his chance, it turned out he was as bad as those he ridiculed and blew his chance.
    People argue that he nurtured the kids and we are now seeing the fruits of his labours but IMO, the late Gary Speed deserves that accolade.

I think it's safe to to say that I will not be getting intimate, and will opt for an evening without John Toshack which I hope is as good as the one I spent a few weeks back without his strike partner KK

CVL and Old Blue may well be correct with their "facts" but since he was overlooked and managed to build a successful portfolio at other clubs, as I've said, I got the feeling over a long period of time that he was quite bitter towards the club. He certainly wasn't slow in having a pop at us in his various interviews and let's face it, we were cannon fodder for a long long time.

TBG may also be correct in his insinuation that I am biased because he is a Jack, but only partially correct.... he also signed for, and was successful at, Liverpool who I did not like at the time and have not liked since for reasons I will not bore you with but might be obvious to some.

Lump that in with the fact that when he was a pundit on the TV, he was highly critical of our Welsh managers and their tactics, mainly because he wanted the job himself. When he finally got his chance, it turned out he was as bad as those he ridiculed and blew his chance.
    People argue that he nurtured the kids and we are now seeing the fruits of his labours but IMO, the late Gary Speed deserves that accolade.

I think it's safe to to say that I will not be getting intimate, and will opt for an evening without John Toshack which I hope is as good as the one I spent a few weeks back without his strike partner KK

Yes it's true he had more success after he left us, Schoular has to take some of the credit in putting him in the shop window, think he made his debut at 16 didn't he? As for Wales, yes Gary Speed was the start of the present teams progress but by the time he took over a lot of them had been guided by Brian Flynn in the u21's and been given their senior debut's by Toshack.

What I want to know is.....
    Is there food chucked in for the £25?

TBG may also be correct in his insinuation that I am biased because he is a Jack, but only partially correct.
    ... he also signed for, and was successful at, Liverpool who I did not like at the time and have not liked since for reasons I will not bore you with but might be obvious to some.

Appreciated

Personally I wouldn't piss on Toshack to put him out if he was on fire. Jack twat.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Personally I wouldn't piss on Toshack to put him out if he was on fire. Jack twat.
    He brought a magic to Ninian Park for several years. Why dwell on the negatives?

The most charismatic and undoubtedly most successful footballer to have played for the city. He had an ambition to return to the club, but was turned away at the time. Therefore I cannot ridicule him for what he achieved with the Jacks. I will be going to the Evening and I am looking forward to it.
    Spedger

Cardiff City Football Club is delighted to announce that an intimate evening with John Toshack will be held at Cardiff City Stadium early in the New Year. He will answer questions from the audience concerning his enduring fondness for Swansea City Football Club. At its conclusion, for their pleasure and amusement, he will bum the Cardiff City mascot while singing "swim away, swim away."