+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "CITYCASH"

"CITYCASH"

I take it a load of others on here just got this email...seems a semi-decent scheme by City.

Spend money at the club (tickets, memberships, merchandise) = earn a bit back for future purchases.

Anyone else starting with a vastly different 'starting balance' to what they thought they should have? (Mine's higher for some reason)

Re: "CITYCASH"

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    I take it a load of others on here just got this email...seems a semi-decent scheme by City.

Spend money at the club (tickets, memberships, merchandise) = earn a bit back for future purchases.

Anyone else starting with a vastly different 'starting balance' to what they thought they should have? (Mine's higher for some reason)
    I agree that it looks like a decent scheme so a to the club.

My balance also appears higher than expected

Well done Cardiff City

I've been a season ticket holder for many years but my balance is £10? Is that right?

Same here, still a tenner is better than bugger all! the club are to be applauded for bringing in another initiative to encourage fans to return

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    I've been a season ticket holder for many years but my balance is £10? Is that right?
    They want you in the shop.

£5 for being a current ST holder and £5 for having had one since 09/10. Same as me except I have £15. Presumably that's because I recently bought a home shirt in the sale?

£11. Don't know if this is the "corrected" figure or not - I assume it is, as the correction email was sent out at about 6pm today.

I initially had £17.25, correction now has nipped me for a fiver, £12.25. I should be down to about £6 by Monday at this rate

Maybe I'm just a grouch but what they've done is to give me a voucher I didn't want and another account I don't want to remember the details of.

Been to Boots recently? You buy something and once you've paid for what you actually went in for they will give you another stack of vouchers and offers with your receipt like, spend £50 and get £10 off. My missus thinks "I'll get £10 off as I'm going to head straight back into the shop and spend another £50." However I always feel that we'll spend another £40 on more crap we didn't want or need just because you think you are getting a bargain.

I guess l am a grouch or my "what's the catch" part of my brain never switches off. This new City scheme has annoyed me in so many ways not least of all they've said £5 for being a season ticket holder this year...so I equate that as "being a season ticket holder for one year is a £5 voucher." So far so good. My brain likes that bit. Then I get irked at the fact that ALL the other years you've been a season ticket holder sine 09/10, when added up, are ALL just worth one more £5! Now I'm thinking why use one set of facts to "justify" giving you a £5 voucher and then say, using the same set of facts, that x X £5 = £5.

I know that it will be argued that "being a season ticket holder since 09/10" is the other fact, but it seems such a stupidly arbitrary point they might as well as just said "Bluebird bonus" or "Loyalty extra bonus" gets you another £5.

Anyway, I've decided that just to the poor marketing and botched launch of this scheme alone I'll not be using it.

(Am I in the right room for an argument?)

Maybe I'm just a grouch but what they've done is to give me a voucher I didn't want and another account I don't want to remember the details of.

Been to Boots recently? You buy something and once you've paid for what you actually went in for they will give you another stack of vouchers and offers with your receipt like, spend £50 and get £10 off. My missus thinks "I'll get £10 off as I'm going to head straight back into the shop and spend another £50." However I always feel that we'll spend another £40 on more crap we didn't want or need just because you think you are getting a bargain.

I guess l am a grouch or my "what's the catch" part of my brain never switches off. This new City scheme has annoyed me in so many ways not least of all they've said £5 for being a season ticket holder this year...so I equate that as "being a season ticket holder for one year is a £5 voucher." So far so good. My brain likes that bit. Then I get irked at the fact that ALL the other years you've been a season ticket holder sine 09/10, when added up, are ALL just worth one more £5! Now I'm thinking why use one set of facts to "justify" giving you a £5 voucher and then say, using the same set of facts, that x X £5 = £5.

I know that it will be argued that "being a season ticket holder since 09/10" is the other fact, but it seems such a stupidly arbitrary point they might as well as just said "Bluebird bonus" or "Loyalty extra bonus" gets you another £5.

Anyway, I've decided that just to the poor marketing and botched launch of this scheme alone I'll not be using it.

(Am I in the right room for an argument?)
    That's how they work. It always amazes me when people boast about getting a bargain, it is usually on a product they didn't want and they usually find that they could have got it cheaper elsewhere anyway.

Those vouchers are usually valid for a month or two.

What we have here are a group of people who now have "£10" to spend at the club shop. Those people will go into the club shop (they had no plans to go in) and buy something like a shirt for £30 instead of £40. Club makes a profit, consumer has spent money on something they didn't want, win-win.

Black Friday is the biggest example of clever business folk duping a stupid public with money to burn into buying crap at "knock-down" prices.

January sales is the other one. Shops need to get rid of the shite they didn't sell two days previously, so drag people into their shops. OK, so maybe you were planning on buying something and will save money, but mostly people walk out with crap they had no intention of buying purely because it "saves" them £100.

I was planning on getting a home shirt for my boy anyway, it's now going to cost me £20 rather than £35.

I've had a season ticket since 1991 and my balance is £15

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I've had a season ticket since 1991 and my balance is £15
    LOL! mine did say £35. But its down to £15 now too.

I've had a season ticket each year since 06/07 except 09/10 so only have £5!
    Cheers Ken for rewarding my 'loyalty' although I'm not quite loyal enough for you.

I think it is pretty scummy that if you want a refund on purchases made in the store, they load it onto your season card instead of giving you the money back.

It's better than people had before the scheme was announced. But after all this is CCFC - the home of those who can turn a positive into a negative at a single swoop. The club are to be applauded for trying something new.

I haven't checked my balance since people mentioned that theirs had been lowered but I can't find a login for it,anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I haven't checked my balance since people mentioned that theirs had been lowered but I can't find a login for it,anybody?
    It should be your surname and fan number as the username and password.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I think it is pretty scummy that if you want a refund on purchases made in the store, they load it onto your season card instead of giving you the money back.
    For items that are broken/substandard/not fit for purpose? Or items that you merely don't want?