+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: rear parking sensor fitting

rear parking sensor fitting

Got them on my Focus and now the Mrs wants them on her Zafira. Anybody know where I can get these fitted for a decent t price? You can get them on Amazon cheaply but wouldn't have a Scooby about fitting them myself.

Re: rear parking sensor fitting

Pfft! Reversing sensors my arse. What's wrong with wing mirrors?

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Got them on my Focus and now the Mrs wants them on her Zafira. Anybody know where I can get these fitted for a decent t price? You can get them on Amazon cheaply but wouldn't have a Scooby about fitting them myself.
    CAR DRIVERS Avoid the hassle and cost of fitting rear parking sensors by simply blutacking 2 baby hedgehogs to your rear bumper prior to each reversing manoeuvre and carefully listening out for any squeals.

Thanks for the comedic responses, just popped a rib.A nybody with any serious advice though? Cheers

Thanks for the comedic responses, just popped a rib.A nybody with any serious advice though? Cheers
    you just might be expecting too much

anyways

any local garage will fit them, the kits on ebay are about 20 quid, though you can pay slightly more

I guess a garage will charge you 1 to 2 hours, its fairly straight forward to fit them

have you thought about the number plate surround sensors, they really are just plug and play, anyone will be able to fit them, they are around 40 quid for the buzzer and a extra 10'er for the LED mounted, though the buzzer does it all imho

Don't buy cheapest shit one's from eBay , you will be listening to reversing beepers going off as you drive down the motorway ,and crashing into walls in reverse ,silently
    Spend a little bit extra and buy quality .

What do you mean serious advice? Everyone knows this is a thinly veiled "I've got a focus" post.

You mean your Mrs can find REVERSE !

She'll be filling up with fuel next

They are difficult to fix on a Zafira as you have to remove the rear bumper. My son also had them done on the front of his. There are companies around that will do the job at your house but can't recall who did his.

just buy a new car with them already fitted. this will solve your problem and save you all the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    They are difficult to fix on a Zafira as you have to remove the rear bumper. My son also had them done on the front of his. There are companies around that will do the job at your house but can't recall who did his.
    Fit them just below the smoke sensors.

Unless you are getting it for a woman, just learn how big your car is. Best way is to very slowly back up until you hit the car behind. Then you have gone as far as you can.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Unless you are getting it for a woman, just learn how big your car is. Best way is to very slowly back up until you hit the car behind. Then you have gone as far as you can.

Ferkin ell, didn't realise you can get them retrofitted to a Focus, that's it, the Focus is staying!!!.

Does anybody on here fit them? cheers

Yeah .I can

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Yeah .I can
    Jimmy can also supply a free car whilst yours is in for the work to be done

Dont forget to let your insurance company know as well as it would be classed as a modification/non standard part