+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manuel has died

Manuel has died

Andrew Sachs RIP

Fawlty Towers star Andrew Sachs has died at the age of 86 following a secret four-year battle with dementia.

The much-loved actor, best known for his role as clumsy Spanish waiter Manuel in hit TV sitcom Fawlty Towers, passed away in a care home last week.

Re: Manuel has died

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Andrew Sachs RIP

Fawlty Towers star Andrew Sachs has died at the age of 86 following a secret four-year battle with dementia.

The much-loved actor, best known for his role as clumsy Spanish waiter Manuel in hit TV sitcom Fawlty Towers, passed away in a care home last week.
    Very sad news, and sadly the last thing I remember about him was that prank by Jonathon Ross And Russell Brand.

This is too much! When will it end?! It was difficult enough adjusting to a world without Cilla Black. Then when I had, Terry Wogan turned his toes up. Now Andrew Sachs has gone and snuffed it. I wish these TV stars who we all love and look upon as friends would have a little more consideration for the viewing public because the way it's going we'll have no celebrities left and will have to pay more attention to family members. If Len Goodman croaks any time soon then I may very well stick my bonce in the oven.

Brilliantly funny as Manuel rip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5035TY5RSpg

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    This is too much! When will it end?! It was difficult enough adjusting to a world without Cilla Black. Then when I had, Terry Wogan turned his toes up. Now Andrew Sachs has gone and snuffed it. I wish these TV stars who we all love and look upon as friends would have a little more consideration for the viewing public because the way it's going we'll have no celebrities left and will have to pay more attention to family members. If Len Goodman croaks any time soon then I may very well stick my bonce in the oven.
    Thank feck you're back.

On a more salient point, I did post back years ago on the old board, that with the proliferation of 'celebs' and the recently discovered 'Z' list celebs of approximately the past few decades, we will soon need a new channel to cover the obits.

We've lost some genuinely talented and influential people this year, but in years to come there may be posts like this about Celebrity Big Brother contestants and long forgotten one hit wonders.

2016 - the year that keeps taking.
    RIP Manuel.

Has the moose been arrested?

He was brilliant as Manuel. Very sad news. It just makes that idiotic prank by Brand and Ross look even more embarrassing

RIP thanks for the laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Thank feck you're back.

On a more salient point, I did post back years ago on the old board, that with the proliferation of 'celebs' and the recently discovered 'Z' list celebs of approximately the past few decades, we will soon need a new channel to cover the obits.

We've lost some genuinely talented and influential people this year, but in years to come there may be posts like this about Celebrity Big Brother contestants and long forgotten one hit wonders.
    If they're long forgotten then surely nobody will even notice they're dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    If they're long forgotten then surely nobody will even notice they're dead?
    True, we didn't know if Pete Burns was dead or alive when he croaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    True, we didn't know if Pete Burns was dead or alive when he croaked.
    How you haven't got onto mock the week yet is one of life's great mysteries.

If you had a vagina you'd probably be team captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Boom .. we have winner .

I don't get that upset when the old lady up the road passes away . Not because I am heartless , mostly because I don't know her . Why would that change because she was on the tele or played sport ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Boom .. we have winner .

I don't get that upset when the old lady up the road passes away . Not because I am heartless , mostly because I don't know her . Why would that change because she was on the tele or played sport ?
    Never mind that, I'm just disappointed that nobody has been heartless enough to comment that for the past few years Manuel really did know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Never mind that, I'm just disappointed that nobody has been heartless enough to comment that for the past few years Manuel really did know nothing.

...que?

Known more as Manuel than Andrew Sachs, I shouted up to the missus this morning 'Manuel's dead ', she knew straight away, she may have had to think if I'd said Andrew Sachs. Reminds me of another sad day many years ago when my mate, who was picking me up for work, burst out laughing when I shouted up to her the sad news that Little Joe had passed away. Must be a few others who are more recognisable by a particular role name than their given name.