+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Forest v Newcastle

Forest v Newcastle

What a first half!

0 - 1

2 red cards for Newcastle (Shelvey and Dummett), both earned by Henri Lansbury with a performance that should sweep the Oscars!

I just hope the Toon can hang on with however many players that ref leaves them with in the second half.

Re: Forest v Newcastle

Forest have also missed two pens

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Forest have also missed two pens
    Should that not read, that Darlow saved them

Yes K no matter the ref can send another two off, as they can still play with 7, hope you are keeping well

Oh dear!

2 - 1 (o.g. Lascelles) - after so long keeping Forest out.

2-1 Forest. 2 mins to go

I can't remember the year but it was when Kevin Nugent I think? was here away to Cambridge and 3 sent off

8 men we only need 8 men

Quote Originally Posted by wolfybluebird View Post
    Should that not read, that Darlow saved them
    No.

Didnt see the game but i'm guessing the refs name was Steve Martin?

This is from comedian Steve Martins twitter.

Steve Martin ‏@SteveMartinToGo 3m3 minutes ago
    Evidently, there's someone who's a bad referee with my name, and now there are thousands of English who won't go see my films anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Didnt see the game but i'm guessing the refs name was Steve Martin?

This is from comedian Steve Martins twitter.

Steve Martin ‏@SteveMartinToGo 3m3 minutes ago
    Evidently, there's someone who's a bad referee with my name, and now there are thousands of English who won't go see my films anymore.
    Yes, the ref was Steve Martin.

When the vote is held for the worst refereeing performances of the season he will be in with a massive shout.

I don't usually feel sorry for Newcastle, but tonight they were robbed by an incompetent ref and a cheating Lansbury. I was watching Benitez's interview at the end and imagining how Warnock would have played it if he was in the same position. Not so diplomatic!

Doesn't help us either - Forest get clear of the bottom and Brighton have a huge chance to grab top spot tomorrow.

Steve Martin is 'The Jerk'!

Basically what we learnt is that to beat Newcastle you need to have a shit ref, a keeper on top form and for them to be down to 9 men.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Basically what we learnt is that to beat Newcastle you need to have a shit ref, a keeper on top form and for them to be down to 9 men.
    Based on what I saw of the game, the man of the match for Forest was undoubtedly the hopeless referee, but that's five Championship defeats already this season for Newcastle (as many as Burnley and Brighton lost all season last year) - they've also lost three times in the last week.

They'll go up I'm sure, because they'll throw more money at it in January if they have to, but, their results this season are not as consistent as you would have thought.

Hate it when CHEATS win

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Hate it when CHEATS win
    Stop singing 'Black is Black' to your partner when it's his lead and you've got a fistful of Spades then

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Based on what I saw of the game, the man of the match for Forest was undoubtedly the hopeless referee, but that's five Championship defeats already this season for Newcastle (as many as Burnley and Brighton lost all season last year) - they've also lost three times in the last week.

They'll go up I'm sure, because they'll throw more money at it in January if they have to, but, their results this season are not as consistent as you would have thought.
    Whilst they have a talented team, I believe the team they had when they were last in this division was/is better.