+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Sludge or anyone else that works in the homeless shelter

Blog Entries

FAO Sludge or anyone else that works in the homeless shelter

My daughter works for a well known bakery chain in Cardiff, you all know the one as I've mentioned it before, anyway, she has recently been promoted to management and is now responsible for throwing away the leftover food at the end of the day, this is becoming a big issue (no pun intended) for her as she has to throw 2 bin bags full of food away every day then walk past all the homeless people on her way to the train station to get home.

It says on their web site:
    "A number of our shops have partnerships with local charities such as hostels and homeless shelters who collect our unsold food at the end of each day"
    "We would very much welcome any registered charities to get in touch with us should they have a need for our surplus food and if they are able to collect it direct from their nearest shop"

Can someone help me stop this madness plz? someone must be able to sort something out with them, I don't know where to start.

International

Re: FAO Sludge or anyone else that works in the homeless shelter

Try to get in touch with Sean Edwards, the Wales rugby defence coach ( maybe through twitter or some social media thing)(I don't use all that shite lol)
    He is a devout catholic and helps the homeless. He frequently works in soup kitchens and the like.
    If he cannot use this he most probably will know someone who can.
    Just a suggestion.

Double post
    Last edited by Rhiw-Blue; 02-12-16 at 23:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    My daughter works for a well known bakery chain in Cardiff, you all know the one as I've mentioned it before, anyway, she has recently been promoted to management and is now responsible for throwing away the leftover food at the end of the day, this is becoming a big issue (no pun intended) for her as she has to throw 2 bin bags full of food away every day then walk past all the homeless people on her way to the train station to get home.

"A number of our shops have partnerships with local charities such as hostels and homeless shelters who collect our unsold food at the end of each day"
    "We would very much welcome any registered charities to get in touch with us should they have a need for our surplus food and if they are able to collect it direct from their nearest shop"

Can someone help me stop this madness plz? someone must be able to sort something out with them, I don't know where to start.
    Contact Big Moose on FB he'll be able to help :thumbsup:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Try to get in touch with Sean Edwards, the Wales rugby defence coach ( maybe through twitter or some social media thing)(I don't use all that shite lol)
    He is a devout catholic and helps the homeless. He frequently works in soup kitchens and the like.
    If he cannot use this he most probably will know someone who can.
    Just a suggestion.
    I'm not a twitter fan either, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Contact Big Moose on FB he'll be able to help :thumbsup:
    Thanks, is he as a fan page or a person?

Just googled tbh but any help?

http://www.fareshare.org.uk

[QUOTE=Mrs Steve R;4698356]My daughter works for a well known bakery chain in Cardiff, you all know the one as I've mentioned it before, anyway, she has recently been promoted to management and is now responsible for throwing away the leftover food at the end of the day, this is becoming a big issue (no pun intended) for her as she has to throw 2 bin bags full of food away every day then walk past all the homeless people on her way to the train station to get home.

Can someone help me stop this madness plz? someone must be able to sort something out with them, I don't know where to

Wallace Clifford community , Tresilian house

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Just googled tbh but any help?

http://www.fareshare.org.uk
    Cheers, I will have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Wallace Clifford community , Tresilian house
    Cheers Sludgy, hopefully one of the suggestions will be able to help, they have another 8 or 9 shops in Cardiff, I assume the same happens in all the shops crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I'm not a twitter fan either, thanks.

Thanks, is he as a fan page or a person?
    It's a fan page I think (another FB hater here!)

Here's a link anyway and it seems he already collects waste food from some greggs too

http://www.bigmoose.co/waste-food-and-the-homeless/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    It's a fan page I think (another FB hater here!)

Here's a link anyway and it seems he already collects waste food from some greggs too

http://www.bigmoose.co/waste-food-and-the-homeless/
    Lovely, thanks.