+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Online Privacy: A thing of the past

Re: Online Privacy: A thing of the past

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    This happens to me and Steve quite often, things we have talked about are in his targeted ads the next day.
    You need one of those Amazon Echo thingies.

Feedback

not having read the whole thread, my view is that the average man in the street isn't really high on the light of the government and its various agencies list of priorities. the purpose of a law is to give the government and its agencies the power to do something, that doesn't mean it is going to use them without reason.

FWIW most government agencies already have a wealth of information about you, you just don't know it or appreciate it

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Eric, look what you've just written.

You've bought into the notion that the government passed this law to act upon terrorist threats whilst simultaneously laughing at the notion that the government would use this law to eliminate threats.

Have a think about it.
    I don't think the tooting popular front are going to flag up on GCHQs radar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bingo. The workforce needed to actively monitor everybody's browsing history, webcams etc etc would probably require every unemployed person in the world. The cost of doing so would be enormous.
    No-one is suggesting that people are monitoring your every move.

However,

Are you confident their systems cannot be hacked?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28936396

kingbillyboy had "a decent point"? Yes I'm sure you'd be jumping through hoops to give a full and thorough answer to someone who comes into a thread and calls you a "window licker" and "cockface".

We'll see just how many terrorists get caught by this law. I think you'll find that it's a whole lot more likely that this law has been put in place at the behest of the likes of Rupert Murdoch in order to catch illegal Sky Sports streamers.

Pretty soon those court appointment letters will be falling through letterboxes all over the country saying something along the lines of "pay £1000 now or go to court and pay £10,000" and old Mr. Murdoch will buy himself a new yacht to celebrate.

Or maybe the Department of Work and Pensions want to see how much time is being wasted by benefit claimants on the Internet so they can use it as evidence to deny claims? Who knows what this law is really about, terrorism is just the front they use to put it in place.

All of these government agencies will be falling over themselves to find ways to utilise this new cash cow that's fallen into their laps, as if we don't get screwed enough already.

And who knows what will be illegal in years to come? You might have already fallen foul of some future law you currently know nothing about. Luckily they'll know who to look for and where to find you.

Some people are keen to be treated as criminals before they've committed any crime, I'm not one of those people.

If you're so keen to give up your liberty then why not just rock up to a prison so the authorities can really keep a good eye on you and make sure you're not a "terrorist".
    DWP will pick a few "on-the-sick" claimants, prove that they surf the internet 12 hours a day every day and, as a result, are "fit to work".

I already posted about the Sky thing a few weeks ago. Using a VPN is not as safe as people think either, as soon as you log into Facebook they know who you are. Not to mention the malware that infects PCs without people knowing. Also, some dodgy sites may be loading stuff onto your device that could turn out to be quite incriminating.

previously: The meek shall inherit the earth (yeah .. OK)
    presently: The complacent will inherit the sh1t. Yup. You were warned ;)

Labour in 2007 compelled phone companies to retain information about every landline and mobile call made and received. No less than 795 public bodies can access that information. The Tories looked the other way then, just like Labour has with this Tory internet snooping. They are in it together.

The nothing to hide, nothing to fear drips should be the first to have an RFID chip implanted to monitor their movements so that government approved anonymous strangers can track their movements to help ensure they feel safer. Also plaster their homes with covert cameras so that the rest of us can have more confidence that they really don't have anything to hide.

TBG, Blue Matt, this is not about the information we voluntarily put into public view but the stuff you might have preferred to keep private but no longer have that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Do you often use an Internet Browser to pick your nose?
    they might have seen you through your webcam ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you really have issues with childrens lifes being documented on facebook dont you ? ?

I am in the other camp, it just might be that when they are older, they / you can look back ( you have memories to look back on today link ) and remember things that went on, for instance, this week one of my memories was when my daughter did a swimming gala and got 3 " country times ", yea sure i could write it all down in a diary, but for me, FB is just that, sure " they " ( whoever is snooping on it ) will see that she swam a county time in 50 , 100 & 200 breast stroke, but why would they want to know, other that sell the info to a marketing company to target a advert for the new " michael phelps book ", which i purchased today as a christmas gift for her
    I'm in both camps. I do want my newborn daughter's life recorded but I'm not happy about Facebook's policies and even the fact I don't want to bore my mates with pictures of how cute she looks in the bib granny bought for her.

So I've set up a website with wordpress and amazon AWS which means I can control exactly who sees the site, don't bore people who don't care, and can pull the plug any time I want.

Yes, all the agencies listed have access to it if they want, but genuinely at a month old my daughter has nothing to hide!

Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff View Post

Yes, all the agencies listed have access to it if they want, but genuinely at a month old my daughter has nothing to hide!
    Until you find out you have a son.

TBG, Blue Matt, this is not about the information we voluntarily put into public view but the stuff you might have preferred to keep private but no longer have that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riled Taff View Post
    I'm in both camps. I do want my newborn daughter's life recorded but I'm not happy about Facebook's policies and even the fact I don't want to bore my mates with pictures of how cute she looks in the bib granny bought for her.

So I've set up a website with wordpress and amazon AWS which means I can control exactly who sees the site, don't bore people who don't care, and can pull the plug any time I want.

fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It's going to help the likes of the Food Standards Agency and Gamblers Commission catch terrorists.
    Surely the food agency's time would be better spent sorting out the crazy killing vending machines ?

Banned

So what happens if there are more than one person using the same laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    So what happens if there are more than one person using the same laptop?
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/snoopers-ch...ess-uk-1594588

Could this site be blacked out for the day a week Monday?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/snoopers-ch...ess-uk-1594588

Could this site be blacked out for the day a week Monday?
    what would Colonel do all day then ?? ? ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    I didn't give her my name for obvious reasons so she couldn't have found me that way. The only explanation I have is that I have her number in my phone book or that our phones were next to each other for a prolonged period of time. Either way, it was no coincidence.
    Not sure what the obvious reasons are?

You need one of those Amazon Echo thingies.
    What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Surely the food agency's time would be better spent sorting out the crazy killing vending machines ?

I just read that politicians have exempted themselves from these new laws, nothing to hide? what a fecking liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Bulk data on citizens has been secretly collected for years. New laws have just been introduced because it was ruled illegal. The question is really whether it's right or wrong not whether it's easy or difficult.
    Bingo.

Happened for 25 years. But couldn't be used in court as was not quite legal. Now they need to use it in court, so they need legislation.

Anyone thinking this is a new threat is way behind the reality.

Can anyone give me evidence that their own personal liberties have been infringed. You have been moaning about it for 10 years or so, so surely someone must have had their own liberties infringed. Come tell us your story.

Other than CC blocking his own camera there must be someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Can anyone give me evidence that their own personal liberties have been infringed. You have been moaning about it for 10 years or so, so surely someone must have had their own liberties infringed. Come tell us your story.

The government secretly and illegally hacked Amnesty International which holds data about me as a member.

As a point aside it dawned on me the other day just how powerful the likes of Facebook are with out information. I was out a few months ago and got with a bird from Gloucester who was staying in Cardiff for a hen do. Never met her before and I couldn't remember her name in the morning. A couple of days afterwards I was browsing Facebook and her face pops up in the "people you may know" section. How absurdly creepy is that.
    Fair play, hope I'm still living it up at your age.

As a point aside it dawned on me the other day just how powerful the likes of Facebook are with out information. I was out a few months ago and got with a bird from Gloucester who was staying in Cardiff for a hen do. Never met her before and I couldn't remember her name in the morning. A couple of days afterwards I was browsing Facebook and her face pops up in the "people you may know" section. How absurdly creepy is that.
    Not creepy at all. That was your wife and you have Alzheimer's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post

Yes, they have been secretly collecting my data for years and I didn't want them to
    Do I have to be mugged to be against mugging? I don't have anything to hide and probably never will have but it's still not the point, it's not where it starts it's where it's going to end up.
    I'm one of the ones who's been moaning for 10 years and I will continue to moan because look what's happened in those 10 years, I'm an extremist apparently, they can now legally spy on us and thanks to the FTAC they can legally detain people for an indefinite period without trial, criminal charges or even evidence of a crime being committed if they consider them to be “fixated” with government or public figures, being fixated can go from constantly criticising them to full on obsession, of course when they introduced this they only told people the good side of it, how it will protect the pope ect but in my opinion this is a dangerous law just sitting there waiting to be used..
    What do the next 10 years have in store? forced microchips? mandatory vaccinations? fema camps for those of us who are "fixated" with the government? you can argue that it's not wrong but I will never agree that it's right.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Yes, the poor dab has occasional lucid moments but most of the time he doesn't know what year it is. Usually he's convinced that his non-existent stepson lives in his bedroom wardrobe and that renegade Waffen SS officers are kipping in the attic. That's why he refuses to go upstairs and is given to scream obscenities through a megaphone from the hallway at regular intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Yes, they have been secretly collecting my data for years and I didn't want them to
    Do I have to be mugged to be against mugging? I don't have anything to hide and probably never will have but it's still not the point, it's not where it starts it's where it's going to end up.
    I'm one of the ones who's been moaning for 10 years and I will continue to moan because look what's happened in those 10 years, I'm an extremist apparently, they can now legally spy on us and thanks to the FTAC they can legally detain people for an indefinite period without trial, criminal charges or even evidence of a crime being committed if they consider them to be “fixated” with government or public figures, being fixated can go from constantly criticising them to full on obsession, of course when they introduced this they only told people the good side of it, how it will protect the pope ect but in my opinion this is a dangerous law just sitting there waiting to be used..
    What do the next 10 years have in store? forced microchips? mandatory vaccinations? fema camps for those of us who are "fixated" with the government? you can argue that it's not wrong but I will never agree that it's right.
    There's 195 countries in the world and this country easily has the most CCTV cameras trained on the population. We are the most watched people on earth. The likes of the ultra complacent Barry doesn't think this is unusual nor will ponder why countries we're constantly told are evil and totalitarian (China, North Korea, Iran, Russia) are nowhere near as keen on keeping their citizens under such widespread observation.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    do you think its funny to joke about Alzheimers ??