+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mark warburton

mark warburton

resigned this evening after the schocking display at harts. could he do a better job than neil down here do you think?

Re: mark warburton

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    resigned this evening after the schocking display at harts. could he do a better job than neil down here do you think?
    Errrrm.....nope!

Neil has galvanised the players we have at the club into a side that seems to want to play for him and each other.
    If MW couldn't hack it north of the border why would we want him here?
    Would have taken Warburton at the start of the season over Trollope no question, but not now and certainly not in place of our Neil.

NW will be given the whole season and IMO we should look to pin him down for at least a season longer, with the aim of promotion next season.

I think Warnock's reign here will be in four phases. I'd like to think if it comes to fruition he'll get another chance at Premier League management in 2018

1. Now. Making sure we don't get cut off in the bottom three.

2. January - May. Bring in more of his own players (and ditch a few of the outsiders) to shape a squad that will do enough to finish clear of any danger.

3. Summer window - Complete his restructure of the squad into 'his' squad.

4. A promotion challenging 17/18 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I think Warnock's reign here will be in four phases. I'd like to think if it comes to fruition he'll get another chance at Premier League management in 2018

1. Now. Making sure we don't get cut off in the bottom three.

2. January - May. Bring in more of his own players (and ditch a few of the outsiders) to shape a squad that will do enough to finish clear of any danger.

3. Summer window - Complete his restructure of the squad into 'his' squad.

4. A promotion challenging 17/18 season.
    Will he stay if he gets us up, he's said he doesn't want to manage in the Prem again. Having said that, he's said it's his last job about 5 times!

Rangers, as a newly promoted side, are joint second on points only and yet the situation had to come to an end?

MW would signal yet another starting point for City. Risky while we're still looking at the relegation places.

First Team

For what it is worth I happen to think that Warburton is going to become one of the better managers of his generation.
    He has some interesting ideas and due to his history has not become fully indoctrinated by the footballing establishment.
    Would he do a better job than our current manager, probably not. In the current position we have the Championships master of turning around sides and getting them promoted therefore I believe we are better letting matters play out. Where Warburton may come into his own is if we were to get promoted. He is the type of young (ish) and progressive coach who could make the difference.
    Rather academic as it stands though as no moves afoot unless anyone has the inside information.

Warburton's resignation is probably due to the fact he has been lined up for something better elsewhere.

I like Warburton and we definitely should have gone for him when he became available 2 seasons ago.

However now is not the time for us to change anything and I'm quite excited to see what Warnock can do in January.

I like the fact that he gave Richardson and Chamakh until January to prove themselves.

At the moment it looks as if they haven't done enough so this should free up enough for wages for 1 or 2 players.

Hopefully Manga will be moved on and I'd like to see Noone go as well as one or two others.

I think we'll finish about 10-15th this season and next season hopefully we can push on.

As far as I can see, some guy on Twitter is saying Warburton has resigned, but no one else is - maybe it will be confirmed officially later today?

I agree with Major about Warburton becoming one of the better managers of his generation and, if he had been free after we sacked Trollope, I would have preferred us to appoint him rather than Neil Warnock. However, we are where we are and I'd like to think that, even if we were to go down come May, we'll have a bit of stability until at least the end of next season with Warnock in charge .

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Errrrm.....nope!

Neil has galvanised the players we have at the club into a side that seems to want to play for him and each other.
    If MW couldn't hack it north of the border why would we want him here?
    Would have taken Warburton at the start of the season over Trollope no question, but not now and certainly not in place of our Neil.

NW will be given the whole season and IMO we should look to pin him down for at least a season longer, with the aim of promotion next season.
    I totally agree.It really gets to me that people have come in with these little nagging doubts about NW .He told us all it was a hard job and things may get worst. Well they have got difficult but would have been a lot worst if he had not joined us.The squad was bolstered almost immediately but still needs to be improved in January.If we can keep our heads above water until the transfer window then we will kick on.Other clubs that have improved like Aston Villa and Derby already had a very strong squads to begin with we didnt.Before he came I went to games expecting to lose now I go with confidence that we can match most teams.One or two signings will make a huge difference but please keep the faith until then.

Banned

We were second from bottom when Colin was appointed manager and guess what we are still second from bottom. When he said things may get worse did he mean we may drop to the bottom of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Warburton's resignation is probably due to the fact he has been lined up for something better elsewhere.
    If he's resigned it will be because Rotherham have come calling!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I like Warburton and we definitely should have gone for him when he became available 2 seasons ago.

However now is not the time for us to change anything and I'm quite excited to see what Warnock can do in January.

I like the fact that he gave Richardson and Chamakh until January to prove themselves.

At the moment it looks as if they haven't done enough so this should free up enough for wages for 1 or 2 players.

Hopefully Manga will be moved on and I'd like to see Noone go as well as one or two others.

I think we'll finish about 10-15th this season and next season hopefully we can push on.

Manga or Bamba?

If you Google this alleged resignation nothing comes up. It isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    We were second from bottom when Colin was appointed manager and guess what we are still second from bottom. When he said things may get worse did he mean we may drop to the bottom of the league.
    Could be worse.

We could be Charlton.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If you Google this alleged resignation nothing comes up. It isn't happening.
    seems my contact in scotland was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Warnock's fault or the fault of those who came before him?

seems my contact in scotland was wrong.
    Might this be the same contact that said Rangers would take the league by storm this year?

That's really bad timing for us. Would have loved to have got him in last Summer. We're not in a position to start over now.

Maybe it will work out for us afterall.

I dont know why anyone bothers replying to this joker?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If he's resigned it will be because Rotherham have come calling!
    Yeah , I guess thats what it was...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I dont know why anyone bothers replying to this joker?
    i hope this wasnt aimed at me.

i hope this wasnt aimed at me.
    God forbid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    God forbid.
    just watch it pal