+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Squad limitations exposed again

Squad limitations exposed again

Starting with Harris AND Hoillet! Neither made an attempt to take on their full back or made one meaningful cross.

Fred started and was in the centre half's pocket. Slam DUNK! When he did make contact, he flicked to ball on.....to no-one - no NO-ONE - there was no-one there, the thick ****. I lost count of the times I muttered 'What is the point?.

Our tactics? Hit it long. Inevitable result, it came back.

Defence sturdy. One beautiful moment when Bamba stalked his man like a panther - and then struck.

I remember one shot on target.

Roll on the January window

Re: Squad limitations exposed again

Did you actually turn up to the game today? Hoilett and Harris were fantastic, you do realise we were playing the in form team of the division who would've gone top with a win?

I also remember one shot on target from them.
    Good result and a good clean sheet.

Blimey
    I think I'll wait for TOBW's report!

A bit boring but I thought Fred had his best game for us despite not having much service. Harris and hoillet did well and it was good to see some pace down the wings, in truth though, I think both midfields cancelled each other out. If warnock had been with us from the start of the season I think we'd have been right up there, I was expecting a lot from Brighton but they were no better than us imho

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Starting with Harris AND Hoillet! Neither made an attempt to take on their full back or made one meaningful cross.

Fred started and was in the centre half's pocket. Slam DUNK! When he did make contact, he flicked to ball on.....to no-one - no NO-ONE - there was no-one there, the thick ****. I lost count of the times I muttered 'What is the point?.

Our tactics? Hit it long. Inevitable result, it came back.

Defence sturdy. One beautiful moment when Bamba stalked his man like a panther - and then struck.

I remember one shot on target.

Roll on the January window
    He wasn't even playing ffs!

Not pretty but a hard earned point.When we get attacking players in January we will be much stronger team.Until then just get behind he boys like we did today.There is plenty of honest effort and Warnock is taking us in the right direction.Not long for the transfer window to open so reason for optimism imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    A bit boring but I thought Fred had his best game for us despite not having much service. Harris and hoillet did well and it was good to see some pace down the wings, in truth though, I think both midfields cancelled each other out. If warnock had been with us from the start of the season I think we'd have been right up there, I was expecting a lot from Brighton but they were no better than us imho
    Agree with this. I was expecting much more from Brighton but I don't think they particularly troubled us. Without being spectacular I thought Hoilett and Harris were our stand out players. Harris in particular looked dangerous whenever he attacked the opposition box. The only real disappointment for me was the quality of Whitts delivery.

On balance it's a good point that few anticipated and I'm really confident that we'll pick up points in our next three or four games

Good analysis. I am not a fan of Fred, but he did a good job today. I am impressed with Hoilet. Harris is good when running on to a ball. But it seems he can't do the combination of things when playing wide. I.e, a good in and poor cross; beat two players and then give the ball away. I am sure he will get better with more starts.
    spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Good analysis. I am not a fan of Fred, but he did a good job today. I am impressed with Hoilet. Harris is good when running on to a ball. But it seems he can't do the combination of things when playing wide. I.e, a good in and poor cross; beat two players and then give the ball away. I am sure he will get better with more starts.
    spedger
    Harris reminds me of players like Theo Walcott. He can be effective but he just doesn't seem to understand the game at times.

I thought Gunnarsson was a our best player again today and the centre backs were decent too.

Whitts had a mare, it's the worst game he's had this season.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Harris reminds me of players like Theo Walcott. He can be effective but he just doesn't seem to understand the game at times.

I thought Gunnarsson was a our best player again today and the centre backs were decent too.

Whitts had a mare, it's the worst game he's had this season.
    Agree with Gunners our best and Bamba again brilliant. Morrison okay, but did make a few mistakes. And agree with you again regarding Whitts; it was his poorest input this season. Overall against a high-flying team, it was a good performance. We either made them look ordinary by how NW set us up, or they were on a bad day. I would argue it was the former.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Did you actually turn up to the game today? Hoilett and Harris were fantastic, you do realise we were playing the in form team of the division who would've gone top with a win?

I also remember one shot on target from them.
    Good result and a good clean sheet.
    You clearly did not turn up if you're using the word fantastic. OK would be the correct word to use

Surprised that given the changes Chamakh did not get a start.?
    Fred has had quite a few games and has struggled in most. Even when we brought on Pilks it makes you wonder why Chamakh was signed in the first place. ?