+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today Donald insulted ..

Today Donald insulted ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-38194371

Yes, link is to the the MSM/Beeb ;)

Like most of the planet, I'm not sure what 'Operation Trump-et' is designed/expected to achieve, but it has got a stick in the hornets nest quick enough.
    Whether by stealth or stupidity...

At least it is not 'International diplomacy' via pissed tweet at 3am on this occasion.

Re: Today Donald insulted ..

What's it got to do with anyone who phones who.

Well I don't know. But someone is likely is p1ssed off.

Yep big power deciding the fate of others, it's an island off the Chinese mainland, who have audacity to want self rule ,and want to obtain support.
    Last edited by life on mars; 03-12-16 at 23:26.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The us haven't recognised taiwans independence before so it is a pretty big change in foreign policy that he's taken on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The us haven't recognised taiwans independence before so it is a pretty big change in foreign policy that he's taken on himself.
    sturgeon is waiting by the phone, just incase

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's an enormous rebuff to China as the US has not recognised Taiwan as an independent country but as a part of China itself. It's a real coup for the Taiwanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's an enormous rebuff to China as the US has not recognised Taiwan as an independent country but as a part of China itself. It's a real coup for the Taiwanese.
    He should have realised what a sh1t-storm he would create by doing that.
    And perhaps he did.

Doesn't the man have advisers?
    Perhaps he does ..

What strange and potentially dangerous times we live in.

sturgeon is still waiting by the phone though

And today he is having a pissy-fit at China via his Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    And today he is having a pissy-fit at China via his Twitter.
    Blimey. Just took a look. Does he think this is the best way to run a country?

This is a fair old tirade against his antics.

https://twitter.com/DanielleMuscato/...02250159689728

Anybody who thinks that Don Trump is a loose cannon is dumber than how dumb some people think he is.

Blimey. Just took a look. Does he think this is the best way to run a country?

This is a fair old tirade against his antics.

https://twitter.com/DanielleMuscato/...02250159689728
    The thing about his twitter feed, you get to read what he says however absurd, as opposed to what the the mainstream media would like you to read what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Anybody who thinks that Don Trump is a loose cannon is dumber than how dumb some people think he is.
    Im prepared to admit that I think trump is a bit of a loose cannon. I would imagine that a sizeable proportion if people in here would too, and I wouldn't want to use that to make any assumptions about their intelligence.

I think it's likely that you like this kind of thing because you are getting some kind of psychological payoff from learning these "alternative" views, which makes you feel more important/intelligent than everyone else who doesn't know as much as you. Sadly this craving for affirmation leads you to be more prone to confirmation bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Im prepared to admit that I think trump is a bit of a loosely cannon. I would imagine that a sizeable proportion if people in here would too, and I wouldn't want to use that to make any assumptions about their intelligence.

I think it's likely that you like this kind of thing because you are getting some kind of psychological payoff from learning these "alternative" views, which makes you feel more important/intelligent than everyone else who doesn't know as much as you. Sadly this craving for affirmation leads you to be more prone to confirmation bias.
    Not at all. I'm just saying that I think these tweets are part of a strategy that has been agreed by his whole team, and are not some spur of the moment impulsive thoughts.

Why tweet? Cos he is ticked of with the US MSM and he is deliberately sidelining them.

Why China? Because of currency devaluations, unfair trade practices, and military ambitions on reclaimed islands.

Psychological payoff? WTF! It's called analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Im prepared to admit that I think trump is a bit of a loose cannon. I would imagine that a sizeable proportion if people in here would too, and I wouldn't want to use that to make any assumptions about their intelligence.

In Glueys world, absolutely everything that leaders and governments do is meticulously planned in advance, even things like the Gove and Boris disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    The thing about his twitter feed, you get to read what he says however absurd, as opposed to what the the mainstream media would like you to read what he said.
    Does the president get misquoted often? Pretty much all of the things they ever say in public is broadcast somewhere.

In Glueys world, absolutely everything that leaders and governments do is meticulously planned in advance, even things like the Gove and Boris disagreement.
    Trump has been briefed by the chairman of the CFR regarding the Middle-East and China, and he's just following through. This MB is full of people who have no idea how to conduct even the most basic research
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 05-12-16 at 23:44.

Trump has been briefed by the chairman of the CFR regarding the Middle-East and China, and he's just following through. This MB is full of people who have no idea how to conduct even the most basic research
    Do you think a twitter rant is the correct way for the US to conduct diplomacy (which was my point)?

Do you think a twitter rant is the correct way for the US to conduct diplomacy (which was my point)?
    It all depends if the aim is to stir things up or not (and Trump has been directed to stir things up!).

It all depends if the aim is to stir things up or not (and Trump has been directed to stir things up!).

Who exactly has directed him to 'stir things up'?

Who exactly has directed him to 'stir things up'?
    Read the thread, I've already mentioned it

Read the thread, I've already mentioned it
    The chairman of the CFR?

The chairman of the CFR?
    There was mention of a new foreign policy that will switch focus from the Middle-East towards Asia. Judging by Trump's words and actions, it now looks like these things are starting to happen. It was planned ages ago.

There was mention of a new foreign policy that will switch focus from the Middle-East towards Asia. Judging by Trump's words and actions, it now looks like these things are starting to happen. It was planned ages ago.
    And they agreed that the best way to shift focus towards Asia is an inflammatory set of tweets about China. Righty-ho.