+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today's player ratings

Re: Today's player ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Thank you for being civil. It is very much appreciated.
    Tut ..!
    Likewise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Oi. You can't do 'Whittingham 4'. That's copyright!
    He took one fruitless corner
    He hacked down a player just outside our box
    He took a couple of free kicks the last one was a complete waste

Lucky to get a 4

If anyone can think of anything possitive about his performance please let me know.

^^ Tandy, get on the bus. There is room for all. Non-attenders (though I wish otherwise now) like me, defensive folks like you.

Surely we all want the best. How much harder can it be?!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    If he had pulled off several great saves then I'd agree, but the reality is he didn't have a lot to do.
    That's what 8s 9s and 10s are for.

I would have given Kadeem a 6.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    I tend to agree.

I rounded him down to a six from 6.2 though.

You're taking the piss mate, he was a 6.4 all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    You're taking the piss mate, he was a 6.4 all day long.
    He is indeed. Great insight there Bazza.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Warnock went out of his way in the post-match press conference to praise Fred and Kadeem. Said Fred did a great job for the team in the first hour. Interesting.
    He just doesn't seem like a striker to me, and shows precisely none of the attributes that could lead to him ever becoming one.

The most infuriating part of his play, for me, is when Whittingham or Ralls are running with the ball through the midfield, directly at the opposition, and Fred as a lone striker should be running on the shoulder of the defenders (either through the middle of their centre backs, or peeling off to one side), waiting to be played through.

Instead he stands facing Whittingham, until Whitts reaches him, and it has to be played square to one of the wingers, halting all momentum of our attack.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    He just doesn't seem like a striker to me, and shows precisely none of the attributes that could lead to him ever becoming one.

The most infuriating part of his play, for me, is when Whittingham or Ralls are running with the ball through the midfield, directly at the opposition, and Fred as a lone striker should be running on the shoulder of the defenders (either through the middle of their centre backs, or peeling off to one side), waiting to be played through.

Instead he stands facing Whittingham, until Whitts reaches him, and it has to be played square to one of the wingers, halting all momentum of our attack.
    I've read it all now.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Jason Perry did the same on Radio Wales, praising his winning of free kicks.
    Without watching the game, and although I've watched Fred a number of times this season, your guys' ratings seem harsh considering who we were playing.

Personally i am well happy with nil nil
    I agree , nil would have been a fairer mark for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    He took one fruitless corner
    He hacked down a player just outside our box
    He took a couple of free kicks the last one was a complete waste

Lucky to get a 4

If anyone can think of anything possitive about his performance please let me know.
    Plus one S

Amos 7 Couple of good saves and punches, kicking needs to improve
    Connolly 7 Solid tackling and worked well with Harris
    Bennett 7 Solid tackling and worked well with Hoilet
    Bamba 8 Immense at the back and good distribution
    Morrison 1 Kept passing to Brighton players all game and bailed out by Connolly and Gunnerson on several occassions
    Gunnerson 8 Worked so hard to close down any space in midfield
    Ralls 3 What did he do all game, seems to be lost at times and didnt cover back at all
    Witts 5 Passing and free kicks were poor but did cut out some attacks including a booking for the team
    Harris 8 Always trying to get forward and work hard in defence
    Hoilet 8 Some moments of class to create space and good defence
    Fred 5 Lots of running but out of position a lot, needs to stay on the shoulder of the last defender

Pilkington 5 Didnt make much of an impression
    Richardson n/a wasnt on for long

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post

Que?

Player ratings

Accepting that every player worked hard

Amos 7 did what he had to do
    Connolly 7 but offered nothing going forward
    Morrison 7
    Bamba 7
    Bennett 6 got away with a couple of silly decisions
    Gunnars 8 defended well
    Ralls 6 non creative and sometimes guilty of chasing shadows
    Whitts 6 dead ball delivery poor
    Hoilett 6 talent without a final ball is wasted
    Harris 7 did ok.
    Gounongbe 6 held the ball up ok but did little else.

Pilkington 4

ECHO RATINGS

Ben Amos 6

That he had so little do it was a credit to the defence in front of him. A smart save late on and looked authoritative.

Matthew Connolly 7

An excellent return to the side. Caught out once but took his yellow card and did not look out of place at all.

Sol Bamba 7

Excellent again at the back, particularly in the first half. Barely lost a header against two excellent strikers.

Sean Morrison (STAR MAN) 7

Not put under anywhere near as much pressure as against Villa's Jonathan Kodjia but no disputing this was a hugely improved performance. Very solid.

Joe Bennett 7

Almost caught out early on but played his part in a long-awaited clean sheet. First time Brighton have failed to score since September.

Aron Gunarsson 6

Came as close as anyone with a smart effort from distance after beating a couple of players. Quieter after that but ever so solid.

Joe Ralls 6

Very quiet game. Full of industry and tracked back diligently but Cardiff perhaps didn't get enough out of their midfield in an attacking sense.

Peter Whittingham 6

Had precious little in front of him to hit. Being one of the division's best passers unfortunately doesn't count for much in games like this.

Kadeem Harris 6

Didn't have much of a chance to attack and show his speed but on a surprise return to the team, certainly showed his manager that he can be trusted defensively. 6

Junior Hoilett 7

By far Cardiff's brightest spark in attack, a few moments of wizardry on the ball. Sacrificed himself impressively after being asked to give up his striker role to muck in at the back. A great asset.

Frederic Gounongbe 5

Service and support running wasn't great but did little to repay his manager's faith, in truth. Never looked likely to land his first Cardiff goal.

Fred gets a rough time on here NQAT

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    ECHO RATINGS

Ben Amos 6

That he had so little do it was a credit to the defence in front of him. A smart save late on and looked authoritative.

Matthew Connolly 7

An excellent return to the side. Caught out once but took his yellow card and did not look out of place at all.

Sol Bamba 7

Excellent again at the back, particularly in the first half. Barely lost a header against two excellent strikers.

Sean Morrison (STAR MAN) 7

Not put under anywhere near as much pressure as against Villa's Jonathan Kodjia but no disputing this was a hugely improved performance. Very solid.

Joe Bennett 7

Almost caught out early on but played his part in a long-awaited clean sheet. First time Brighton have failed to score since September.

Aron Gunarsson 6

Came as close as anyone with a smart effort from distance after beating a couple of players. Quieter after that but ever so solid.

Joe Ralls 6

Very quiet game. Full of industry and tracked back diligently but Cardiff perhaps didn't get enough out of their midfield in an attacking sense.

Peter Whittingham 6

Had precious little in front of him to hit. Being one of the division's best passers unfortunately doesn't count for much in games like this.

Kadeem Harris 6

Didn't have much of a chance to attack and show his speed but on a surprise return to the team, certainly showed his manager that he can be trusted defensively. 6

Junior Hoilett 7

By far Cardiff's brightest spark in attack, a few moments of wizardry on the ball. Sacrificed himself impressively after being asked to give up his striker role to muck in at the back. A great asset.

Frederic Gounongbe 5

Service and support running wasn't great but did little to repay his manager's faith, in truth. Never looked likely to land his first Cardiff goal.
    I stopped reading this when I saw they didn't do .5s.

BONG 10.5
    DUNK 10.5

For cheering me up on a cold afternoon - just by the names on their shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    BONG 10.5
    DUNK 10.5

For cheering me up on a cold afternoon - just by the names on their shirts
    I would imagine that 1948 got really, really excited when he read this post. Like, really excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    I would imagine that 1948 got really, really excited when he read this post. Like, really excited.
    I gave it a 7.43 out of 10.

I gave it a 7.43 out of 10.

I think it deserves an extra 1.34 for Croesy having a nibble taking it up to 8.77

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post

I think it deserves an extra 1.34 for Croesy having a nibble taking it up to 8.77
    One does love a nibble.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Fred gets a rough time on here NQAT
    I think its because he isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post

I think it deserves Minus 8.77 as you are a massive wanker.