+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Jacks are going down"

"The Jacks are going down"

To those in the Canton Stand today who started chanting "the jacks are going down", I hope you never breed. How stupid can you get ? Seriously? Mocking a team in the premier league, regardless of position whilst we're sat 3rd bottom of the 2nd division. Have a day off, and don't come back. Warnock may well be the answer, and if he is we need to be asking what the hell is the question ? We are cannon fodder, and if we don't stay up it will not be thanks to the players, or manager. We are absolute garbage. We are lost so far in the wilderness we are going to need a miracle to prevent the inevitable happening this season, or next. Sorry to be so negative, but we are absolute dross, I've never seen a bunch of players look so disinterested and lacklustre in my time as a city fan.

Re: "The Jacks are going down"

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    To those in the Canton Stand today who started chanting "the jacks are going down", I hope you never breed. How stupid can you get ? Seriously? Mocking a team in the premier league, regardless of position whilst we're sat 3rd bottom of the 2nd division. Have a day off, and don't come back. Warnock may well be the answer, and if he is we need to be asking what the hell is the question ? We are cannon fodder, and if we don't stay up it will not be thanks to the players, or manager. We are absolute garbage. We are lost so far in the wilderness we are going to need a miracle to prevent the inevitable happening this season, or next. Sorry to be so negative, but we are absolute dross, I've never seen a bunch of players look so disinterested and lacklustre in my time as a city fan.
    Agree with the first bit of what you say, but completely disagree with the second part. Where you are in the league tends to dictate how you play every week, especially when facing a team that is unbeaten in twelve and needing a win to go top of the league. If we had gone out to play more adventurously yesterday, Brighton would now be above Newcastle and we'd be going to Ipswich having lost four out of our last five matches - the most I expected from our last four matches was three points, but to get one more than that tells me that we are making progress.

Jesus, some people want to get a life.
    They are our long time bitter rivals.
    They are having their worst season for 10 years or so.

Can't believe any City fan who has been around for the last few decades can have a problem with that.

Well done to the few who actually try to make an atmosphere and shame on those of you who just want to sit and moan at what they sing .

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Can't believe any City fan who has been around for the last few decades can have a problem with that.

Well done to the few who actually try to make an atmosphere and shame on those of you who just want to sit and moan at what they sing .
    ^^ this, they've ripped the piss into us for long enough, sold our soul etc, they had the saintly trust and were properly run, Karma, suddenly they are imploding and Bryndon, pent up etc are hiding away, you'd need a heart of stone not to laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    ^^ this, they've ripped the piss into us for long enough, sold our soul etc, they had the saintly trust and were properly run, Karma, suddenly they are imploding and Bryndon, pent up etc are hiding away, you'd need a heart of stone not to laugh
    Behave Gareth.
    He who laughs last laughs longest

Until we move far far away from the championship relegation area , I would find it hard to mock anyone else's misfortunes. The Jacks are in big trouble ,their halos are down round their ankles .Sad for football greed has won again .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Until we move far far away from the championship relegation area , I would find it hard to mock anyone else's misfortunes. The Jacks are in big trouble ,their halos are down round their ankles .Sad for football greed has won again .
    Sensible poster is jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Behave Gareth.
    not including you in the max, you've always had a sense of humour

come on, its a bit of banter with rivals who have dished it out for a few years ( they knew deep down the time would come and they would return to below us, afterall, we get it all )

Didnt football used to be fun and about chants like this ? ? ? where did it all go wrong ?? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Behave Gareth.
    Thing is, guys like you and waynekerr will be around and the same come success or failure. You are fans like me.

However relegation will keep the likes of Bryndon and Pencoed off here.

Also, the rivalry is good. I can remember when you were going to go bust and when you were 90 minutes from going out of the league. Most of us didn't want that.

But as rivals, surely the ambition is to be on top, and given we aren't exactly doing much to help that situation ourselves surely it's good for us if you are struggling ?

Finally we've had the lions share of support in the middle towns and valleys in years go by, the longer you stay a league above us the more that support base will be eroded and we need that support as too many in our city choose to follow English clubs instead

If you are going to complain about a song going around then you should be prepared to join in with songs more to your taste and/or start songs more to your taste.

I think you have a fair point regarding not singing about a team better placed than us (potential relegation from premier league is better placed than potential relegation from the championship) being slightly embarrassing.

Banned

People on here think our performances under Colin are a vast improvement on our previous 2 managers. Does make you wonder.

Thing is, guys like you and waynekerr will be around and the same come success or failure. You are fans like me.

However relegation will keep the likes of Bryndon and Pencoed off here.

Also, the rivalry is good. I can remember when you were going to go bust and when you were 90 minutes from going out of the league. Most of us didn't want that.

But as rivals, surely the ambition is to be on top, and given we aren't exactly doing much to help that situation ourselves surely it's good for us if you are struggling ?

Finally we've had the lions share of support in the middle towns and valleys in years go by, the longer you stay a league above us the more that support base will be eroded and we need that support as too many in our city choose to follow English clubs instead

What's wrong with singing about our team, rather than at the expense of one that, possible cup draws excepted, we won't be playing until next season at the earliest?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What's wrong with singing about our team, rather than at the expense of one that, possible cup draws excepted, we won't be playing until next season at the earliest?
    That's no certainty if they get relegated. Could be 3 Welsh relegations this season.

Nothing wrong with Cardiff fans singing that Song , like when the jacks dressed up as Vincent tan, called us Redbirds,you sold your soul, Tate and that scouse fella with the flag you know the usual BANTER

I want them to go down and its very enjoyable watching them struggle.

They got Sunderland next so I'll be betting on Defoe to score first

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    People on here think our performances under Colin are a vast improvement on our previous 2 managers. Does make you wonder.

I think that Warnock will keep us up this season, clear out the deadwood in the summer, bring in some players and have a proper go at promotion next season

If I'm wrong, well at least we'll have some new grounds to visit next season

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    Nothing wrong with Cardiff fans singing that Song , like when the jacks dressed up as Vincent tan, called us Redbirds,you sold your soul, Tate and that scouse fella with the flag you know the usual BANTER

I want them to go down and its very enjoyable watching them struggle.

They got Sunderland next so I'll be betting on Defoe to score first
    I think there is a massive difference between singing about us being redbirds (fair), us singing about them going down (fair if we weren't in a similar position) and Tate's flag (unacceptable).

The Swansea White Sox thing is actually funny though.

I bet you are great fun to be around at Christmas

Fair play, I was pleasantly surprised on seeing the Cardiff Brighton result and pissed myself laughing on seeing the JB's result, I don't see but read reports of the games, 2nd from bottom doesn't look nice but i'm confident that Colin will do enough to keep the team up and push on next season, A derby now looking assured for next season.

The feel good factor in Welsh football in the summer has gone down the plughole. Swansea bottom, Cardiff third from bottom,Newport bottom, Wrexham struggling. The national team struggling to qualify for the WC finals.
    It should be better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The feel good factor in Welsh football in the summer has gone down the plughole. Swansea bottom, Cardiff third from bottom,Newport bottom, Wrexham struggling. The national team struggling to qualify for the WC finals.
    It should be better than this.
    Progress has definitely stalled, but there are also positives in that young players seem to be coming through (and rated) at different levels, the number of well-trained Welsh coaches increases and increases and we surely have used all of our bad luck already in this qualification campaign. A knock to our expectation and an increased desire to work may help in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nothing wrong with singing about our team at all- and I do plenty of it.

However also nothing wrong with taking the ... out of rivals who hate us with a passion when they are humiliated 5.0

The team we drew against yesterday as it stands aren't in line to take their place.

Our result was actually a decent one

A lot of differing opinions in this thread,but we all know that next year when we play them we will all look well within ourselves and think,"Yes,I will chuck a few bob in that bucket for them"

Agree , its footy banter ,which has made it such an unique sport to attend over the years, I did chuckle at the chant "your just a shit Barry Island "

None of these chants are born from any form of reality, especially the one we sing about being the greatest team football , the world has ever known?