+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann -- New Info

Madeleine McCann -- New Info

So Scotland yard were told a while back, operation Grange would be dropped at the end of the year, the funding was going to stop

so now we have " new info " about Eastern European child traffickers taking pictures of her a few days before she went missing

How on earth did that just happen to be discovered a few weeks before the investigation is stopped ? ? ? its a miracle, thats what it is

Re: Madeleine McCann -- New Info

Even if they find her alive and well, she won't be "Madeleine McCann" any more.

Get Weatherfield archaeology club to dig up some allotments in Portugal .

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    So Scotland yard were told a while back, operation Grange would be dropped at the end of the year, the funding was going to stop

so now we have " new info " about Eastern European child traffickers taking pictures of her a few days before she went missing

How on earth did that just happen to be discovered a few weeks before the investigation is stopped ? ? ? its a miracle, thats what it is
    Some very high top ranking American Democrats linked to her disappearance on non MSM sites.

The reason Maddie gets so much media attention is that at the time of her disappearance there was sod all else in the news. There are so many news stories that get buried including abducted children and gruesome murders that only ever get traction on local news and never reach the nationwide public conscience. I read a fantastic spread about the science of news in one of the Sundays a few years ago and one of the case studies was the disappearance of Madeline Mccann.

At the time she went missing she instantly became the top news story, once this happens and you become a household name the story will be followed right through until it's conclusion. Since February the news in this country has been utterly dominated by Brexit, if she had gone missing this year she wouldn't have been a huge news story outside of her local news area and she wouldn't have made the front page of the papers or the first item of the news, think what would have been in the news if it wasn't for Brexit this year? Pages have to be filled and the news bulletins must go on, there is always news but we must have missed out on a lot of it this year due to the seismic political events.

Obviously when you have as much media exposure and interest that this case has it's far easier to lean on the government and the public to fund further investigations.
    Last edited by Bluebird since 1948; 04-12-16 at 17:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    The reason Maddie gets so much media attention is that at the time of her disappearance there was sod all else in the news. There are so many news stories that get buried including abducted children and gruesome murders that only ever get traction on local news and never reach the nationwide public conscience. I read a fantastic spread about the science of news in one of the Sundays a few years ago and one of the case studies was the disappearance of Madeline Mccann.

At the time she went missing she instantly became the top news story, once this happens and you become a household name the story will be followed right through until it's conclusion. Since February the news in this country has been utterly dominated by Brexit, if she had gone missing this year she wouldn't have been a huge news story outside of her local news area and she wouldn't have made the front page of the papers or the first item of the news, think what would have been in the news if it wasn't for Brexit this year? Pages have to be filled and the news bulletins must go on, there is always news but we must have missed out on a lot of it this year due to the seismic political events.

Obviously when you have as much media exposure and interest that this case has it's far easier to lean on the government and the public to fund further investigations.
    I changed jobs 6 months ago and am now working on a safeguarding unit locally. What the newshounds don't realise is what gets covered up by the news agencies on the advice of the police (and agreement from the news agancies) on crimes that could cause other idiots and not-rights to copy acts which would be seen as despicable and obscene. It is bloody scary!

Maybe the McCanns case was in the news alot just to highlight the stupidity of selfishly leaving your kids unsupervised cos you fancied some grown up time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I changed jobs 6 months ago and am now working on a safeguarding unit locally. What the newshounds don't realise is what gets covered up by the news agencies on the advice of the police (and agreement from the news agancies) on crimes that could cause other idiots and not-rights to copy acts which would be seen as despicable and obscene. It is bloody scary!
    That convoluted sentence scared me. Either I am in the early stages of Alzheimer's - a condition shared by many people my age - or that sentence is a puzzle you have created for Mensa members on here. If it is the latter then you are out of luck. Apart from Organ and a few others there is no one even near average intelligence posting on here.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    That convoluted sentence scared me. Either I am in the early stages of Alzheimer's - a condition shared by many people my age - or that sentence is a puzzle you have created for Mensa members on here. If it is the latter then you are out of luck. Apart from Organ and a few others there is no one even near average intelligence posting on here.
    Nope - not a puzzle. There is an agreement between the police and news agencies to prevent some stories being reported as it could cause copy-cat crimes and give people ideas.

thats twice you,ve joked about Alzheimers in one day,

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    thats twice you,ve joked about Alzheimers in one day,
    The fact that you can even count to two surprises me. Let me tell you where you can stick your "I am offended" act. You can ... Oh no! It's started. I've forgotten what I was going to say.

Can't help feeling that if the missing girls parents were from a council estate the enquiries would have ended years ago and the parents would have been slated in the red tops at the time of the disappearance

The fact that you can even count to two surprises me. Let me tell you where you can stick your "I am offended" act. You can ... Oh no! It's started. I've forgotten what I was going to say.
    So desperate for attention it's quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Can't help feeling that if the missing girls parents were from a council estate the enquiries would have ended years ago and the parents would have been slated in the red tops at the time of the disappearance
    Not true in the case I know about. I had relatives who lived opposite a young girl from a council estate who disappeared. She was never found. The family had nothing but sympathy from the neighbours and, as far as I know, the press.

Act? you really are a cock

You are a sad one thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    So desperate for attention it's quite sad.
    What's your excuse for poking your nose in? Aren't you just looking for a bit of attention. By the way, why do you easily offended types always hunt in packs?

Not true in the case I know about. I had relatives who lived opposite a young girl from a council estate who disappeared. She was never found. The family had nothing but sympathy from the neighbours and, as far as I know, the press.
    Was she left alone unattended as well then

What's your excuse for poking your nose in? Aren't you just looking for a bit of attention. By the way, why do you easily offended types always hunt in packs?
    Oh look, strangers on the Internet are suddenly typing about you.

Knowing what a thrill this is for sad-acts like you, you're going on ignore.

I haven't got a clue what's going on here, but I saw some figures a while back on the amount of kids that go missing each year, never found. It was quite alarming. You don't even here about most. Then there's the amount if adults that just disappear? Scary.

That's it. It's just not worth it anymore. This site had some great posters - and a few are still left - but all messageboards eventually succumb to Gresham's law.

That's it. It's just not worth it anymore. This site had some great posters - and a few are still left - but all messageboards eventually succumb to Gresham's law.
    So true, so sad.

Banned

Liar

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    So true, so sad.
    Oh Mr Elysium! I am such an admirer of yours.
    I fully comprehend how you have come to conclude that your esteemed position upon this Messageboard affords to you the lofty position that you evidently believe to hold.
    It is up to universally popular and admired posters such as yourself to weed out the riff-raff, ne'er-do-wells and no-marks.

I shall be cheering you on brave Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Gourmet View Post
    Oh Mr Elysium! I am such an admirer of yours.
    I fully comprehend how you have come to conclude that your esteemed position upon this Messageboard affords to you the lofty position that you evidently believe to hold.
    It is up to universally popular and admired posters such as yourself to weed out the riff-raff, ne'er-do-wells and no-marks.

I shall be cheering you on brave Sir!
    I happen to think you are a waste of skin.

Do one.