+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Genuine incidence of fans influencing the game yesterday

Genuine incidence of fans influencing the game yesterday

When we had been under intense pressure for 10 minutes toward the end of the game yesterday, the ball was cleared into the Ninian Stand.
    Brighton players charged over to try to take a quick throw in to put further pressure on the now stretched City defence.

A fan in the crowd however had other ideas and delayed returning the ball for long enough for our defence to reorganise and in the meantime wound up the over sensitive Lewis Dunk, getting him booked as a bonus.
    Brighton failed to get through and soon after we broke and Bong dived in and got sent off.

After that we saw the game out comfortably.

I'm sure the pious mob who will slate me for this, but well done to the fan who did his bit to help us get a point .

Re: Genuine incidence of fans influencing the game yesterday

MOTM for me

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    When we had been under intense pressure for 10 minutes toward the end of the game yesterday, the ball was cleared into the Ninian Stand.
    Brighton players charged over to try to take a quick throw in to put further pressure on the now stretched City defence.

A fan in the crowd however had other ideas and delayed returning the ball for long enough for our defence to reorganise and in the meantime wound up the over sensitive Lewis Dunk, getting him booked as a bonus.
    Brighton failed to get through and soon after we broke and Bong dived in and got sent off.

After that we saw the game out comfortably.

I'm sure the pious mob who will slate me for this, but well done to the fan who did his bit to help us get a point .

I bet that same fan was singing " the jacks are going down"

He should be banned for life

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    I bet that same fan was singing " the jacks are going down"

He should be banned for life
    He should be banned for life for keeping the ball 10 seconds longer than he could have? HAHA.

MOTM for me. Well done who ever he is!

@ bezooo I'm pretty sure TigerBayBluebird was being tongue in check

Well done to the 12th man (or woman) .

Banned

I don't know why we didn't do it before, every time the ball comes into the crowd let's keep it. think of all them nil nils we will achieve.
    Brilliant.

One of our ball boys did something similar in the Huddersfield game and nearly got lamped by one of their coaches.

Same thing with that jack ballboy (who was 18 years old!!) a few years back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fde7xmrNU0
    Last edited by bobh; 05-12-16 at 14:39.

Against Serbia I thought our ball-boy on the Ninian side was far too eager to get the ball back to the Serbia players and in play quickly which eventually backfired as we ran out of legs.

There are different speeds you can get the ball back into play from ball-boy or fans perspective (noticeably slow, slightly slow, regular, fast) and I wouldn't be against ours understanding when the team would want it fast and when they needed it slightly slow, just as long as it wasn't all throughout the match. There is taking the piss and overplaying your part but there is some you can do before that point.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Same thing with that jack ballboy (who was 18 years old!!) a few years back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fde7xmrNU0
    There was a game (I think involving Liverpool) where the ball person (it might have been a girl) gave the ball back to the opposition very quickly and the team scored with very little time on the clock. I believe the youngster was given quite a bit of stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    There was a game (I think involving Liverpool) where the ball person (it might have been a girl) gave the ball back to the opposition very quickly and the team scored with very little time on the clock. I believe the youngster was given quite a bit of stick.
    Blackburn in the fa cup if I remember rightly. Liverpool were either losing or drawing and scored from what was, I think, the last play of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Blackburn in the fa cup if I remember rightly. Liverpool were either losing or drawing and scored from what was, I think, the last play of the game.
    "LAST PLAY OF THE GAME"

You've been listening to Brad Bobley to much

USA, USA, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    "LAST PLAY OF THE GAME"

You've been listening to Brad Bobley to much

USA, USA, USA.
    lol, yeah it does sound a bit Yank.
    Though I will say, in my defence, I've never heard him speak at all.