+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Action and reaction as City draw with Brighton

Action and reaction as City draw with Brighton

Warnock happy to see his defence keep the high flying Seagulls at bay.

Re: Action and reaction as City draw with Brighton

C:WindowsTempphpCC0D.tmpNeil Warnock was pleased to see his side keep a clean sheet, the first since he took over, as City held Brighton at CCS.

"We lost Peltier (suspension) who is probably our best defender, but credit to the lads who came in. They did really well today.

"We've been owed a few clean sheets but the players are going out tonight."

Warnock was also delighted with the commitment of his players.

"We had to work hard. I don't think there was any player who didn't give everything today," he added.

"We knew we had to because they're such a good team. They rip people apart. We had to be well organised and catch them on the break when we could and I thought the players did exactly what we've been working on all week.

"The midfield held their ground and young Kadeem (Harris) did well," Warnock added.

C:WindowsTempphpF5AD.tmpBrighton manager Chris Hughton said: "Yes, there is a bit of disappointment. We played against a resilient Cardiff side who made it difficult for us. We could not break them down.

"I'd say over the 90 minutes, we were the better side and the onus was on us to break down a tough defence."

He said: "There are more places than Cardiff where I've come away disappointed. They will make it very hard for teams to come here.

"After a game like this there are the disappointments, but the positives are another clean sheet, and a run that's kept us going."