+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T OUR SOLDIERS BEING ABUSED AND IGNORED

O/T OUR SOLDIERS BEING ABUSED AND IGNORED

Morning all thought I would share my thoughts with you.I have just read about the poor man Sgt. Blackman. that is in jail due to our Gov. and that P.O.S. shiner.
    My mrs. and I got to thinking and we have decided to do this and I wonder if anyone has thought about it. The amount of ex servicemen that are homeless and cold and hungry and getting pissed on by drunks etc is shameful. We are not wealthy and most of you know our kids are gone,we are on or own so we are offering our spare room, Warmth and a full belly to just one of these people for a few days over Christmas. I dont mind telling you we feel good having done so.
    Have a think about doing something, even if it means just stopping and saying hello and thanks mate. It would mean a lot to them.

Re: O/T OUR SOLDIERS BEING ABUSED AND IGNORED

Good on you. What a fantastic gesture.

Good on you

I pay for a Garage ( from my days working for the MOD ), it has a fridge in it, 2 Sofa beds and a little kitchen space with a Kettle, If one of the DHE officers ( they allocate houses for the MOD ) see a ex army homeless person in Tidworth ( alot of sqauddie return to where they were most happy in the army ) the DHE officer will tell them where the Garage is and how to get into it, it isnt the answer to the problems they have, but a dry place to layup for a day or 2

the cost isnt massive to be honest, i get it for a massive reduced rate as i did work for the DHE officers in the past

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Good on you

I pay for a Garage ( from my days working for the MOD ), it has a fridge in it, 2 Sofa beds and a little kitchen space with a Kettle, If one of the DHE officers ( they allocate houses for the MOD ) see a ex army homeless person in Tidworth ( alot of sqauddie return to where they were most happy in the army ) the DHE officer will tell them where the Garage is and how to get into it, it isnt the answer to the problems they have, but a dry place to layup for a day or 2

the cost isnt massive to be honest, i get it for a massive reduced rate as i did work for the DHE officers in the past
    Respect Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Respect Matt

as i said, its not a massive cost, but it gets used occasionally

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

as i said, its not a massive cost, but it gets used occasionally
    I find it hard to think of what better use it could have mate.

Blog Entries

Morning all thought I would share my thoughts with you.I have just read about the poor man Sgt. Blackman. that is in jail due to our Gov. and that P.O.S. shiner.
    My mrs. and I got to thinking and we have decided to do this and I wonder if anyone has thought about it. The amount of ex servicemen that are homeless and cold and hungry and getting pissed on by drunks etc is shameful. We are not wealthy and most of you know our kids are gone,we are on or own so we are offering our spare room, Warmth and a full belly to just one of these people for a few days over Christmas. I dont mind telling you we feel good having done so.
    Have a think about doing something, even if it means just stopping and saying hello and thanks mate. It would mean a lot to them.
    Good on you.

A little update from my thread the other day, they are looking to open a coffee shop, hopefully early 2017, which will train and employ homeless people in Cardiff and they will hopefully be able to use the unsold food from my daughters branch, which is great news.

I find it hard to think of what better use it could have mate.
    indeed, they would only otherwise be used to store " classic wrecks " ( normally a MG of some type, not sure what it is with Officers and MG's ? ? ? ) that some C.O thinks he will have time to restore

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Good on you.

A little update from my thread the other day, they are looking to open a coffee shop, hopefully early 2017, which will train and employ homeless people in Cardiff and they will hopefully be able to use the unsold food from my daughters branch, which is great news.
    thats great news, My wife looked at doing something near me, the only drawback was the better / good location units cost way too much money

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Any ex military people who now find themselves in hard times should be offered a job by the armed services in return for a bed and food back at a military 'facility'. They should show the same sort of loyal support and dedication that these guys did when serving.

Come on Theresa May - get them all to report back for duty, get cleaned up, cleaned out of any drugs / alcohol etc and set them straight again.
    most of the barracks i have worked on will have the space aswell, instead of contracting out " grass cutting " and general maintenance of the grounds, they could easily give the gig to ex service personnel who want, i have fitted wooden fences inside the " wire " and seen the prices that were charged, these would be simple DIY stuff that they could do

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Matt - this makes total sense doesnt it.

I have done some work for agencies that work with the MoD, and they have schemes in place to get ex servicemen into the cyber industry (not for these guys and gals though) , but it shows there is willing there from the MoD to help out, and at the same time maybe get the chance to retrain. These guys I think miss the discipline of service life - and that is probably exactly what is needed to give them a step up from where they are - which is usually rock bottom and sinking.

If there was petition I (and many others ) would sign it
    indeed

its a cracking idea

you are right, they go from a day to day routine to nothing, many struggle with that, i know people who have left the army and they just couldnt cope, 2 do Security / Close protection work as a job as its the closest to the army they can get, infact one is in Kabul right now doing it, it is funny really, he left the army and it now doing the same crap with a private firm