+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales want Giggs/Bellamy to replace Geraint Williams...

Wales want Giggs/Bellamy to replace Geraint Williams...

... with a view to them taking over from Chris Coleman

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...giggs-12280361

Blue in the Face

Re: Wales want Giggs/Bellamy to replace Geraint Williams...

I'm sure there will be a lot of support for CB on here.

For me, if Giggs was willing to be up for coaching our u21s then that would silence a lot of folks questioning his love for Wales. In an u21 scenario he could prove to be an inspiration for the young players. I don't expect many on here to agree with me

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

For me, if Giggs was willing to be up for coaching our u21s then that would silence a lot of folks questioning his love for Wales. In an u21 scenario he could prove to be an inspiration for the young players. I don't expect many on here to agree with me
    Would he turn up for friendlies though ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    and who will be in charge when we have a dead rubber game at the end of a tournament ? ?? ?

Coleman goes Pulis will go in I think

is this a joke?

please tell me it is

Judging by what Warnock said last night Bellamy is gonna be too busy for this.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by lazbian View Post
    is this a joke?

please tell me it is
    No joke. Think the Welsh hatred for Giggs is way over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Judging by what Warnock said last night Bellamy is gonna be too busy for this.
    Does he see Craig being heavily involved with City ??

No joke. Think the Welsh hatred for Giggs is way over the top.
    Really? He played about 2 friendlies for Wales, how can he expect players to turn up for them when he never bothered?

He was Man United first and Wales came a long way second. It's his choice and fair enough but you reap what you sow.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Does he see Craig being heavily involved with City ??

Yes mate. I think he'll have an official position at the club very soon which will make those who said the Kevin Nicholson departure was down to cutbacks look a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Really? He played about 2 friendlies for Wales, how can he expect players to turn up for them when he never bothered?

He was Man United first and Wales came a long way second. It's his choice and fair enough but you reap what you sow.
    indeed

it was shocking at times, played for utd on a Saturday, injured midweek for Wales and then playing for Utd next weekend, it wasnt even once or twice either

Personally I don’t believe that Giggs is interested in a low profile job, which ultimately a job with the Welsh U21 squad is.

We have already seen that he expects to walk into a job, like the Swansea one relatively easily, rather than drop down to the lower leagues to work your way up.

I have seen nothing in Ryan Giggs to feel that he would be a successful manager

Well he does love playing away...

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

The Welsh fans didn't turn up either. I think it's easy to forget what a **** show the Welsh set up on and off the field for such a long period of time before Toshack turned up. Also I've noticed how Rambo/Bale get a free pass if they need to sit out friendlies these days too. Which is right as Rambo and Bale have long term injury nags as did Giggs (hamstring). I think folks think too emotionally on the Giggs-Wales issue and perhaps don't look at it practically.

But like I said in my first post on the thread, I'm expecting anyone to agree with me.

My point is, if Giggs were willing to take the u21 job, then I would be able to forgive Giggs for his compromised commitment to Welsh friendly games. I feel the Welsh players at u21 age group could benefit a great deal from a figure that has made it to the top of the game.

Just my 5p.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Yes mate. I think he'll have an official position at the club very soon which will make those who said the Kevin Nicholson departure was down to cutbacks look a bit silly.
    That would be big news for our academy and a sign that bridges have been built between Tan-CB. Knowing how much you rate CB Ican imagine you'll be happy with this one Gringo

The Welsh fans didn't turn up either. I think it's easy to forget what a **** show the Welsh set up on and off the field for such a long period of time before Toshack turned up. Also I've noticed how Rambo/Bale get a free pass if they need to sit out friendlies these days too. Which is right as Rambo and Bale have long term injury nags as did Giggs (hamstring). I think folks think too emotionally on the Giggs-Wales issue and perhaps don't look at it practically.

But like I said in my first post on the thread, I'm expecting anyone to agree with me.

My point is, if Giggs were willing to take the u21 job, then I would be able to forgive Giggs for his compromised commitment to Welsh friendly games. I feel the Welsh players at u21 age group could benefit a great deal from a figure that has made it to the top of the game.

Just my 5p.

That would be big news for our academy and a sign that bridges have been built between Tan-CB. Knowing how much you rate CB Ican imagine you'll be happy with this one Gringo
    Bale & Rambo, nearly always turn up, EVEN IF THEY AINT PLAYING.

Just my 5p.

Some fans turned up, i think you find that these are the ones that are most upset about the situation.

Blue in the Face

Bale & Rambo, nearly always turn up, EVEN IF THEY AINT PLAYING.
    Coleman's alluded to the idea that they'll have to miss friendlies in the future also. I did try to check if Bale had joined the squad for the game he missed. Great effort if so.

I think Gary Speed needs a special mention for the change of attitude among the Welsh players. He insisted that every player must sing the anthem. Before his time in charge, most players didn't. This is symbolic of a sea change in attitude that took place after years of failed generations.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Some fans turned up, i think you find that these are the ones that are most upset about the situation.
    Well I turned up and I'm not upset. Not sure how the other guy feels.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Indeedy X 2

Never missed a game for many years, but it came as no surpirse when Giggs was " injured " for meaningless games