+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Coming War on China on ITV now

The Coming War on China on ITV now

Jesus the US are scary and a right bunch of bastards...

What they've done/are doing in the Marshall Islands is just like hearing about Hitler's experiments on people in the concentration camps - but even more callous if that seems possible...

Blog Entries

Re: The Coming War on China on ITV now

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Jesus the US are scary and a right bunch of bastards...

What they've done/are doing in the Marshall Islands is just like hearing about Hitler's experiments on people in the concentration camps - but even more callous if that seems possible...
    It's shocking isn't it, I was thinking that I had seen it before but I realized that I was thinking about 'Stealing A Nation' one of his previous films about the island of Diego Garcia, the British Government are also involved with this one, it's not quite as shocking but it's still bad.
    http://johnpilger.com/videos/stealing-a-nation

How Pilger hasn't been bumped off by the CIA baffles me

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    How Pilger hasn't been bumped off by the CIA baffles me
    The South China Sea is where the next war will kick off. You have a president of a country there who has been playing one side off against the other for the past 6 months. It's a catastrophe waiting to happen. I give it 12 months.

Don't suppose the Chinese are that sweet a people either to their enemies or own.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Don't suppose the Chinese are that sweet a people either to their enemies or own.
    The first part of the programme was about the US using Marshall Islanders - who they'd promised to look after - as Guinea pigs for the effects of radiation on humans. They were treated worse than lab rats in the decades after they were left on their island while the H-bombs were set off around them.

I know the Chinese have some appalling human rights violations but no nation on this planet comes close to matching the scale of US abuse in recent decades.

The bit about them controlling Germany was scary too...

The first part of the programme was about the US using Marshall Islanders - who they'd promised to look after - as Guinea pigs for the effects of radiation on humans. They were treated worse than lab rats in the decades after they were left on their island while the H-bombs were set off around them.

I know the Chinese have some appalling human rights violations but no nation on this planet comes close to matching the scale of US abuse in recent decades.

China went how long killing every second baby born. It was agreed to reduce this last year.

Human freedoms, that would involve a free press - Something there is next to nothing of in china.

I wouldn't say they were far of each other really.

America has made crass foreign policy decisions, but china has killing people before they were even born.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    China went how long killing every second baby born. It was agreed to reduce this last year.

Human freedoms, that would involve a free press - Something there is next to nothing of in china.

I wouldn't say they were far of each other really.

America has made crass foreign policy decisions, but china has killing people before they were even born.
    What is your evidence for this?

I understood that the penalty for having more children than permitted during the period of the 'one child' policy (there were a lot of exceptions including minorities, and when the first child was a girl!) was a fine. The abortion rate was high - but I don't equate that with child killing, and you are claiming every second child born was killed!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I understood that the penalty for having more children than permitted during the period of the 'one child' policy (there were a lot of exceptions including minorities, and when the first child was a girl!) was a fine. The abortion rate was high - but I don't equate that with child killing, and you are claiming every second child born was killed!
    What do you mean? They openly admit it.

That is why they recently announced the end of it.

They won't release their capital punishment figures. Ask yourself why that is.

Yes abortions carried out because the state threatened the populace.

Not directly throwing babies into a furnace but not much different in my eyes.

According to the Chinese Health ministry, doctors have performed 336 million abortions and 196 million sterilisations, since 1971 and inserted 403 million intrauterine devices.

Women are regularly inspected to check if they are pregnant, even well into their 40s and 50s. Those who are found to be in breach can suffer forced abortions and even sterilisations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ld-policy.html

You cannot gather "facts" as china isn't an open state.

What do you mean? They openly admit it.

That is why they recently announced the end of it.

They won't release their capital punishment figures. Ask yourself why that is.

Yes abortions carried out because the state threatened the populace.

Not directly throwing babies into a furnace but not much different in my eyes.

According to the Chinese Health ministry, doctors have performed 336 million abortions and 196 million sterilisations, since 1971 and inserted 403 million intrauterine devices.

Women are regularly inspected to check if they are pregnant, even well into their 40s and 50s. Those who are found to be in breach can suffer forced abortions and even sterilisations.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ld-policy.html

You cannot gather "facts" as china isn't an open state.
    I'm not excusing China for the policy or the way they enforced it with industrial scale abortions and forced sterilisation. It was brutal.

However I was challenging your claim that 'every second baby born' was killed. You have now made clear (haven't you?) that you didn't mean that - so OK.

I'm not excusing China for the policy or the way they enforced it with industrial scale abortions and forced sterilisation. It was brutal.

However I was challenging your claim that 'every second baby born' was killed. You have now made clear (haven't you?) that you didn't mean that - so OK.
    Well those children would have lived if it wasn't for that policy?.

No, not every single second child was killed.

I find Pilger's work incredibly interesting. Is his objectivity ever called into question?

You are absolutely spot on.

Simply imagine an American or western leader putting out rhetoric that forced abortions could be mandatory.

As they still are mandatory in china. Only they are being reduced.

Anti western bias is so obvious.

I won't defend American foreign policy. But given the same sort of fire power, many countries in Asia and Africa would have done worse.

Simply imagine an American or western leader putting out rhetoric that forced abortions could be mandatory.

As they still are mandatory in china. Only they are being reduced.

Anti western bias is so obvious.

I won't defend American foreign policy. But given the same sort of fire power, many countries in Asia and Africa would have done worse.

How many of those western countries have a population anywhere near China's? Those measures (one child policy) were implemented at a time when the country was impoverished and couldn't feed itself. Now, thankfully as the economy has hugely improved those laws have been relaxed. Tough times sometimes call for tough measures.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    How many of those western countries have a population anywhere near China's? Those measures (one child policy) were implemented at a time when the country was impoverished and couldn't feed itself. Now, thankfully as the economy has hugely improved those laws have been relaxed. Tough times sometimes call for tough measures.
    Bangladesh has had a population rise of over 100 million in 50 ish years.

And it is pretty small.

http://www.global-briefing.org/2013/...et-revolution/

There is this general idea that if you reduce a populations size, living standards will improve.

Given the majority of china is still in poverty the policy is there to question really isn't it?.

I just see it more as more a 1984 style grab from the commies:

http://www.economist.com/news/leader...ctating-family

"You cannot have more than one child because we are telling you not to. For the good of the country".

No questions asked, that is it.

Why are they changing their policy now if it is so successful?.

What, are they allowed to turn the taps on and off. Deciding when human beings can procreate?.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 07-12-16 at 15:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I have just realised your location is actually in China......

So I may be digging myself a hole here.

How are you there?.

Trouble we can't match like for like atrocities as some countries like China , Russia , Middle East ,North Korea oppressive media outputs , yes the USA and other Western countries are not whiter that white as per this report, however they do allow a relatively free press . We may never now what has happened in some of these oppressed countries ,maybe our energy should be better positioned at those countries that don't allow free speech or democratic accountable elections .

I am sure if Pilger was allowed un-vetted access to these oppressed countries he would have a TV channel of his own, or is his energy only centered on his USA , Australian and UK imperialist agenda .
    Last edited by life on mars; 07-12-16 at 15:58.

I have just realised your location is actually in China......

So I may be digging myself a hole here.

How are you there?.
    I suspect he will have to say " Yes i am great, i love it here " otherwise " they " come and take him away and he will never be seen again

isnt that how it works in China ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I suspect he will have to say " Yes i am great, i love it here " otherwise " they " come and take him away and he will never be seen again

isnt that how it works in China ? ? ?
    I think you're getting China confused with Disneyland?

Im only now watching this and I remembered about the tests.

Not sure why he is acting as if this hasnt been reported on before.

He has basically ripped the documentary radio bikini

Made in 1988.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfS31cc4kmA

interesting stuff anyway
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 07-12-16 at 17:35.

I think you're getting China confused with Disneyland?