+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dan Jarvis Labour Spokesman

Dan Jarvis Labour Spokesman

He seems a main spokesman now for Labour via the media , and he refers to the front bench as a collective, when talking about party policy, not the party leader or individual shadow cabinet members .

Re: Dan Jarvis Labour Spokesman

He is always mouthing off in the media, bit always representing himself not labour or their policies.
    He seems to want to have nothing to do with the current leadership and the media are happy to lap it up.

Probably best for all concerned if he left the party

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He is always mouthing off in the media, bit always representing himself not labour or their policies.
    He seems to want to have nothing to do with the current leadership and the media are happy to lap it up.

Sounds like Labours whip is broken

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sounds like Labours whip is broken
    oops

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

No thanks. He is Labour's best bet of becoming PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He's certainly more media aware , it just struck me recently how little you hear from JC, Diane Abbot and more from others such as Jarvis, Cooper, Benn and Starmer.

Typical Labour Shadow Cabinet/Collective meeting;-

1. Secretary books venue for three hours.
    2. Agenda is sent out with 10 items on it - items two to ten are on domestic policy subjects that Labour need to be seen to be proactive in if they are ever to stand a chance of forming a Government again.
    3. After two hours and fifty eight minutes discussing item one (policy on Israel/Palestine), the meeting breaks up with an agreement that they'll try to fit in a discussion on the other matters on the this week's agenda next time under any other business.

He's certainly more media aware , it just struck me recently how little you hear from JC, Diane Abbot and more from others such as Jarvis, Cooper, Benn and Starmer.
    JC is the great redeemer though. ( apparently )
    What's he been up to lately???

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Is he a Blairite?

This is true. Partly, I think, because the media continues to treat Labour centrists as the official opposition despite them having twice been smashed by Jezza; and partly because Jezza’s media team are just not very good. The only Corbynite MP who appears with any regularity in the media is John McDonnell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    This is true. Partly, I think, because the media continues to treat Labour centrists as the official opposition despite them having twice been smashed by Jezza; and partly because Jezza’s media team are just not very good. The only Corbynite MP who appears with any regularity in the media is John McDonnell.
    The Labour centrists are a part of the two-party political game. Corbyn isn't.

Likewise in the US, Clinton was the chosen candidate, hence all the media attacks on Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The Labour centrists are a part of the two-party political game. Corbyn isn't.

Likewise in the US, Clinton was the chosen candidate, hence all the media attacks on Trump.
    Oh, I know - Corbyn is either monstered or frozen out by the mainstream media. But even so, his media team is underperforming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    Oh, I know - Corbyn is either monstered or frozen out by the mainstream media. But even so, his media team is underperforming.
    They just want a yes (wo)man in charge of the country, it matters not if they are Labour or Conservative. Incidently, every past Labour Prime Minister has been a member of the Fabian Society.

Thank god then for Trump and Boris , who don't appear to be yes men , just blond political vikings ,wreaking havoc on the political stage .

Thank god then for Trump and Boris , who don't appear to be yes men , just blond political vikings ,wreaking havoc on the political stage .
    thats still part of glueys plan, sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    thats still part of glueys plan, sometimes
    It's complicated What's your take on the behind the scenes political structures?

Trump had no media (establishment) backing, but we will have to wait a while before we can determine what his true role is. Personally I don't think he's as radical as he was making himself out to be.

I get the feeling that Boris got the cabinet job as part of the deal for falling on his sword during the Tory leadership race.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 09-12-16 at 15:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's complicated What's your take on the behind the scenes political structures?
    i rely on you

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    i rely on you
    Ah, a masonic vow of silence