+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The beautiful city of Newport...a true gem of South Wales

The beautiful city of Newport...a true gem of South Wales

Re: The beautiful city of Newport...a true gem of South Wales

Pill has had a bad reputation for years. Back in 2000 I spent the summer renovating a house on St Stephens road, right at the bottom of Commercial road in Pill, people said I was nuts to work down there but I loved the place, the locals were from all over the world and they treated me just fine. Had no problems there, nothing went missing. The pubs, what pubs were left, were also good, one of my all time favourite jobs.

I've always had to pay a lot more than £2

My grandparents lived in pill and I spent most of my summers in the late 60's/early 70's down there. Back in those days it was a tough but decent working class area but nowadays parts of it are a right shithole sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Pill has had a bad reputation for years. Back in 2000 I spent the summer renovating a house on St Stephens road, right at the bottom of Commercial road in Pill, people said I was nuts to work down there but I loved the place, the locals were from all over the world and they treated me just fine. Had no problems there, nothing went missing. The pubs, what pubs were left, were also good, one of my all time favourite jobs.
    Tbf, after Barry, it must've felt like being in montecarlo

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    My grandparents lived in pill and I spent most of my summers in the late 60's/early 70's down there. Back in those days it was a tough but decent working class area but nowadays parts of it are a right shithole sadly.
    I knew a lot of decent folk in Pill they are probably horrified at its decline, sadly it's the same decline most of the area has seen due to poor investment and closures of major businesses, pity WAG couldn't see it coming as clearly as normal folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Trouble with an online National Newspaper publishing this kind of story is that it will likely attract low-lifes from all over the country, with their £2 ready, heading to Pill to look for underage girls.