+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How to get 18 days off work next year - but only book 9 days' holiday

How to get 18 days off work next year - but only book 9 days' holiday

Here's how.
    You can thank me later.
    http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/new...days__holiday/

Feedback

Re: How to get 18 days off work next year - but only book 9 days' holiday

if you book nine days off work you usually get at least 13 days off work as you have weekends. This way you are only getting an extra 5 days holiday.

NB bank holidays count towards your holiday entitlement. each worker is entitled to 5.6 days annual leave for each day of the week they work. so if you work 5 days you are entitled to 28 days annual leave (5*5.6). This includes bank holidays which for most workers is taken automatically.

you're not really getting anything for free

I think it's different depending on who you work for and seniority . I used to get 29 days holiday plus Bank Holidays with my last employer.

I thought employers were the ones looking out for themselves

How to get the person that pays and employs you to hate you in 1 easy to use article.....

Saying that, I work in a small business where the owner is in the next office. So taking the piss with days off and sick leave doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    if you book nine days off work you usually get at least 13 days off work as you have weekends. This way you are only getting an extra 5 days holiday.

NB bank holidays count towards your holiday entitlement. each worker is entitled to 5.6 days annual leave for each day of the week they work. so if you work 5 days you are entitled to 28 days annual leave (5*5.6). This includes bank holidays which for most workers is taken automatically.

you're not really getting anything for free
    Most employers dont count bank hols towards the entitlement. Legally they can do, but any half decent job wouldnt include them. Not since working in a bar or waiter has a job not included bank hols.

And who said anything about free? Its simply a clever way to get a large chunk of days off for the least cost (in terms of holiday days)

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Most employers dont count bank hols towards the entitlement. Legally they can do, but any half decent job wouldnt include them. Not since working in a bar or waiter has a job not included bank hols.

And who said anything about free? Its simply a clever way to get a large chunk of days off for the least cost (in terms of holiday days)

yes they do. you are legally entitled to 5.6 days for each day of the week you work. this results in 28 days per annum. most employers will start you with 20 days plus bank holidays (with there being 8 bank holidays). The assumption is that 8 of your 28 days will be used on the 8 bank holidays