Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question Time panel tonight....

Re: Question Time panel tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    and a total lack of self awareness
    Is this an offer of guruship?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Eric - I have a low threshold for anyone in general that adds nothing to the debate or doesnt offer a solution. QT this week showed this up perfectly in what people had to offer. This week it was the Labour fella and Will Self.

There are a few Tories I would put in the same bracket as well as some SNP, Plaid. Going back to what someone posted earlier - it would be a lot better if you could smooth off the the people who offer nothing - both left and right and then you would probably have a party worth voting for.

As it is - Labour arent offering anything in regards to Brexit - and Will Tw@t sounds as if he's back on smack, he should have been replaced by the Krankies
    I don't think any of them added much to the debate, I didn't learn anything. Labour guy was out of his depth and had already written down everything he was going to say. The Tory woman came across nice and calm but pathetically fluffed the one thing she knows about. Farage as usual just sits there telling people what they want to hear, I can't work out if he is a genius or an idiot. Will Self started out quite composed and then just turned weird and Mensch is a disgusting mutant and pretty much represents what is wrong with politics today (namely the twisted relationship between the media and Westminster).

I only really watch it for the bits when Dimbleby makes them look a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I watched a re run of it last night :-

Will Self - nasty sneering little smack head - who looks like he's back chasing the dragon again.

Effeminate sounding Labour bloke - feck he can whinge, "it's all the damn Tories fault"

Dr Tory MP Lady - I would like to see more MPs like her - not for her political beliefs but for the logical, straight forward way of looking at things (that's why she used to be a Dr I guess)

Louise Mensch - Has opinions and at least voices them with a bit of thought process involved.

Farage - It was like childs play for him. Even will the snarling Will Self started calling Farage names as he couldnt win an argument - Farage just smiles and moves on. You would have thought Will Self could try to articulate an argument without resorting to insults etc - but that was seemingly beyond his ability.
    Will Self is a harmless luvvie. I thought he was rambling and his jibes at Farage were ineffectual. The Labour bloke did OK apart from when he got asked about foreign aid. Tory lady was a bit weak on the NHS (some strong opinions on the issue from the audience). Mensch was quite restrained. I even found myself agreeing with her on Saudi Arabia. It was only when she began ranting about Russia/Putin that her eyes glazed over and she started to turn a bit weird. Farage was easily the best performer. His ‘this is what I believe – you can like it or lump it’ approach always comes across well because it makes him look like an honest politician. Even when he's talking bollocks.