+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Boris Leading A Proxy Comment War

Is Boris Leading A Proxy Comment War

Boris Johnson's Saudi 'proxy wars' comment got me thinking , not only are their are proxy wars, there are also politically leaked proxy war "comments" as well .

Boris in his high office is daft enough to say it , or brave whichever way you want to play it The Tories know that and perhaps its allowing a bad cop good cop routine to develop ,or does it hide other news .

Interestingly the downing street releases simply states its not the 'not UK's view' ,well hold the page as its also in my view proxy wars are being fought , and I live in the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38248316

I await the oppositions views ,or is it all the West's fault .

Re: Is Boris Leading A Proxy Comment War

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Boris Johnson's Saudi 'proxy wars' comment got me thinking , not only are their are proxy wars, there are also politically leaked proxy war "comments" as well .

Boris in his high office is daft enough to say it , or brave whichever way you want to play it The Tories know that and perhaps its allowing a bad cop good cop routine to develop ,or does it hide other news .

Interestingly the downing street releases simply states its not the 'not UK's view' ,well hold the page as its also in my view proxy wars are being fought , and I live in the UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38248316

I await the oppositions views ,or is it all the West's fault .
    What Boris said has been covered by the alternative media for as long as I can remember. So what is the actual UK government position? Well it's the same as the US government position, which in reality means Boris was just stating the US position.

I'd rather a foreign secretary who tells it how it is, and doesn't hide behind the need to sell billions of pounds of arms to an 'ally' (at the expense of starting new wars in that region that we then need to involve ourselves in)

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    I'd rather a foreign secretary who tells it how it is, and doesn't hide behind the need to sell billions of pounds of arms to an 'ally' (at the expense of starting new wars in that region that we then need to involve ourselves in)
    Telling it how it is ... "There are not enough big characters, men or woman, Sunni or Shia, who are able to reach out to the other side". Maybe Boris should focus on the smaller things first, like allowing woman to drive and other restrictive stuff. And I'm not sure if admitting everything is a story was such a good idea either, considering religion is one of the biggest stories of all. So the solution is a story about a story?
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 08-12-16 at 18:41.