+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: adele

adele

long shot. has anyone purchased adele tickets for someone else at wembley next year?.

They were bought in my name and theyre saying no entry if the name is incorrect.

And names can't be transferred.

Pretty scummy they released this information after the sales. Sales a month before christmas???????? what did they expect, people were obviously going to buy them as gifts.

Re: adele

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    long shot. has anyone purchased adele tickets for someone else at wembley next year?.

They were bought in my name and theyre saying no entry if the name is incorrect.

Pretty scummy they released this information after the sales. Sales a month before christmas???????? what did they expect, people were obviously going to buy them as gifts.
    You've got two options here:

1. Get the people going to change their name by deed poll So that it matches the name on the tickets.

2. Go and watch Adele yourself.

Alternatively, get in touch with the ticket issuer and explain the situation to them. I'm guessing this has been done to stop touts. When I got my Iron Maiden tickets a while back, it was all done ticketless - basically the name on the order has to turn up with confirmation of ID and the card used to purchase the tickets. All this was explained prior to tickets going on sale. On the Iron maiden site there was an email address so you could get in touch if there was a problem e.g if you lose the card you paid with etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

1. Get the people going to change their name by deed poll So that it matches the name on the tickets.

Alternatively, get in touch with the ticket issuer and explain the situation to them. I'm guessing this has been done to stop touts. When I got my Iron Maiden tickets a while back, it was all done ticketless - basically the name on the order has to turn up with confirmation of ID and the card used to purchase the tickets. All this was explained prior to tickets going on sale. On the Iron maiden site there was an email address so you could get in touch if there was a problem e.g if you lose the card you paid with etc.
    No thanks!.

Ye I've emailed them. They said the only way to transfer names is to make the tickets available at face value on "twickets".

Where it'll be first come first serve - no way of directly selling.

Just realised I should have emailed "songkick" the ticket issuer, not the resale platform....

Give the individual your driving license to take with them on the night as evidence, shouldn't be an issue then

So are they going to be checking the id's of several thousand people on the door?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    So are they going to be checking the id's of several thousand people on the door?
    Hello...

They were trying to do that at Biffy Clyro in Cardiff last week. Just caused lots of queue's (more than usual).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    They were trying to do that at Biffy Clyro in Cardiff last week. Just caused lots of queue's (more than usual).
    Was that the people trying to leave ?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Give the individual your driving license to take with them on the night as evidence, shouldn't be an issue then
    Ye that'll be the plan tah.

I've tried to contact the seller by email but no reply. They don't make their phone number available.

Ye that'll be the plan tah.

I've tried to contact the seller by email but no reply. They don't make their phone number available.
    Seems to be a growing trend these days dealing with problems online rather than giving out an actual telephone number.

Little tip for you - if you're struggling to get a reply through email then most of these places will have a Twitter or Facebook page. If you go on there, have a rant and slag them off - you'll be amazed how quick and helpful they suddenly become when they realise that lots of people will see what you wrote.

you deserve everything you get buying tickets to adele

Seems to be a growing trend these days dealing with problems online rather than giving out an actual telephone number.

Little tip for you - if you're struggling to get a reply through email then most of these places will have a Twitter or Facebook page. If you go on there, have a rant and slag them off - you'll be amazed how quick and helpful they suddenly become when they realise that lots of people will see what you wrote.
    it works

I had contacted " cadac " ( they make portable BBQ's ) via email, the first few had no reply, then the 3rd had a " generic response " then the 4th was just a waste of my time#

so i went on the Facebook page, funny enough, that night the CEO e.mailed me and the problem was dealt with

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    it works

I had contacted " cadac " ( they make portable BBQ's ) via email, the first few had no reply, then the 3rd had a " generic response " then the 4th was just a waste of my time#

so i went on the Facebook page, funny enough, that night the CEO e.mailed me and the problem was dealt with

A mate of mine did some driving work for some total tossers (not the company name before you ask) a few years back over Christmas. They messed him about with his pay for six weeks. Eventually he got fed up of being dicked about so went onto their Facebook page (which they use to recruit) and wrote an epic rant slagging them off. Within an hour he was getting private messages from the owner promising to sort his pay by the end of the day and if they did, would he take the message down? My mate basically told him that the message would stay up until the money was in his account. Two days later the sum owed (about £800) miraculously appeared in his bank.

He left the message up just to teach them a lesson.

The other way to go about these things is to get an email address for somebody high up and have a rant. Most of the time the people up high have no idea about just how shit their customer service actually is. I once sent an epic essay of a rant to some bloke way up the chain in Talk Talk. He offered me all sorts of free stuff just so I would leave him alone.

.. if you're struggling to get a reply through email then most of these places will have a Twitter or Facebook page. If you go on there, have a rant and slag them off - you'll be amazed how quick and helpful they suddenly become when they realise that lots of people will see what you wrote.

Yup. The 'local' mobile mast used by my provider had been intermittently shite for days and days - reported it , yadda yadda , others were reporting it. They had clearly had a number of fault reports and a reasonable time to fix it, but very little seemed to be happening about it.
    I summarised the situation , calmly and politely, on the Carriers' Facebook .

Badda bing - fixio rapido.

If option 2 is selected he will miss City's pre season tour of Gwent

A mate of mine did some driving work for some total tossers (not the company name before you ask) a few years back over Christmas. They messed him about with his pay for six weeks. Eventually he got fed up of being dicked about so went onto their Facebook page (which they use to recruit) and wrote an epic rant slagging them off. Within an hour he was getting private messages from the owner promising to sort his pay by the end of the day and if they did, would he take the message down? My mate basically told him that the message would stay up until the money was in his account. Two days later the sum owed (about £800) miraculously appeared in his bank.

He left the message up just to teach them a lesson.

The other way to go about these things is to get an email address for somebody high up and have a rant. Most of the time the people up high have no idea about just how shit their customer service actually is. I once sent an epic essay of a rant to some bloke way up the chain in Talk Talk. He offered me all sorts of free stuff just so I would leave him alone.
    I did the same earlier this year with National Express after an incredible turn of events at Sophia Gardens. Both the CEO and some other top bod were emailing us on a Saturday within 30 minutes of the email.

We had our ticket money back, assorted compensation for various miscellaneous expenses as a result and assurances that the staff and drivers at Sophia Gardens would be retrained (they were certainly sprightly and attentive when we had to use them later in the year)

Some class replies 😂

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I did the same earlier this year with National Express after an incredible turn of events at Sophia Gardens. Both the CEO and some other top bod were emailing us on a Saturday within 30 minutes of the email.

We had our ticket money back, assorted compensation for various miscellaneous expenses as a result and assurances that the staff and drivers at Sophia Gardens would be retrained (they were certainly sprightly and attentive when we had to use them later in the year)
    Reading this thread made me wonder, do you need our names?

Psychologists working as stewards?

Any chance you could give that email address, as I am having a real problem with talk talk at the moment.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by whofan View Post
    Any chance you could give that email address, as I am having a real problem with talk talk at the moment.

Thanks.
    Sorry mate, this was about ten years ago when I had the misfortune to get my Internet off them. Even if I could find the email address he's probably moved on.

Best advice I can give you is use someone else as soon as you're out of contract.

Talk Talk are complete tossers.

Refund it is.

They're refusing to transfer the name of the attendee with a set of tickets due to be released in 5 months time....When I have every piece of information they need to confirm I bought them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Gourmet View Post
    Adele is common.
    She is a natural performer on the stage , but I would not want to follow her after a performance in the bog