+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballon D'or

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ballon D'or

Gareth Bale voted 6th best player in the world.............

Devalued.

Re: Ballon D'or

I know. He has been Madrid's best player in 2016.

I don't remember it being that good a year for Ronaldo. I haven't properly tried to remember it but apart from lifting a trophy I'd say Griezmann had a much bigger role over the course of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I don't remember it being that good a year for Ronaldo. I haven't properly tried to remember it but apart from lifting a trophy I'd say Griezmann had a much bigger role over the course of the season.
    He won the Champions League as well as Euro 2016. Also top scorer in the Champions League, to add to his regulation 35 goals in La Liga. Not a massive fan of his, but in fairness he scored a fair few goals and lifted the 2 biggest pieces of silverware on offer for 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    He won the Champions League as well as Euro 2016. Also top scorer in the Champions League, to add to his regulation 35 goals in La Liga. Not a massive fan of his, but in fairness he scored a fair few goals and lifted the 2 biggest pieces of silverware on offer for 2016.
    It's a little tricky to judge as you can go for days based on various stats and I am not sufficiently trained to make judgement on a players contribution, but at a very basic level...

- I see Ronaldo making a big impact in two games at the Euros whereas Griezmann did so in three. Griezmann outscored Ronaldo.

- Ronaldo making a big impact in four champions league games and Griezmann the same. Ronaldo outscored Griezmann.

- I don't know who had the bigger impact in La Liga or Copa Del Rey but neither's side came that close to winning it. Ronaldo outscored almost everyone in La Liga.

Lifting trophies will always come into the equation but I think it's worth the debate to say Griezmann had a bigger year than Ronaldo even so.

It's a little tricky to judge as you can go for days based on various stats and I am not sufficiently trained to make judgement on a players contribution, but at a very basic level...

- I see Ronaldo making a big impact in two games at the Euros whereas Griezmann did so in three. Griezmann outscored Ronaldo.

- Ronaldo making a big impact in four champions league games and Griezmann the same. Ronaldo outscored Griezmann.

- I don't know who had the bigger impact in La Liga or Copa Del Rey but neither's side came that close to winning it. Ronaldo outscored almost everyone in La Liga.

Lifting trophies will always come into the equation but I think it's worth the debate to say Griezmann had a bigger year than Ronaldo even so.
    Real Madrid took Barcelona to the final day so they did come close, thanks in part to a winning goal by Ronaldo away at Barcelona.

Ronaldo was a worthy winner

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    Real Madrid took Barcelona to the final day so they did come close, thanks in part to a winning goal by Ronaldo away at Barcelona.

Ronaldo was a worthy winner
    This.

Even if he is a cock.

Contrary to popular opinion, it's not always the best player that wins the Ballon D'or.

Ronaldo is the complete package , play on either wing or at center forward ,leaps like a salmon ,heads a ball well ,very pacy , two footed, extraordinary talent, pity about his attitude,Bale will get there one day hopefully .

Griezmann will move to a bigger club one day soon , and make that trophy his as well.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ronaldo is the complete package , play on either wing or at center forward ,leaps like a salmon ,heads a ball well ,very pacy , two footed, extraordinary talent, pity about his attitude,Bale will get there one day hopefully .

Griezmann will move to a bigger club one day soon , and make that trophy his as well.
    So a trophy you can only really win if you're at a big club?

I suppose it is nearly always going to be likely that by the time a player becomes a Ballon d'Or winner they will be already be playing at a 'big club' .

Modern football perhaps.
    Many decades ago it appears less so, and the 'big-ness' of '96 could be questioned (though, what defines 'big' club?)!

http://www.totalsportek.com/list/fif...s-of-all-time/
    Last edited by Vimana.; 13-12-16 at 08:50.

Why else has Etien Velikonja been overlooked again?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

That doesn't make the complete package at all. He's the complete athlete but Messi is a far better footballer

You can't deny his influence helped portugal and real madrid win.

But on individual ability he isn't in the top 15 in world football.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    You can't deny his influence helped portugal and real madrid win.

But on individual ability he isn't in the top 15 in world football.
    Are we still talking about Ronaldo?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Are we still talking about Ronaldo?
    ye

ye
    I think he's a bellend as much as anyone does, but this is a truly ridiculous comment.

I think he's a bellend as much as anyone does, but this is a truly ridiculous comment.
    Neymar
    Suarez
    Messi
    Hazard
    De Bruyne
    Griezmann
    Sanchez
    Lewandowski
    Aguero
    Ozil
    Reus
    Hummels
    Neuer
    Sergio ramos
    Muller

Give me any of those over him.

He is a good finisher and is the focal point of real madrid.

He had a good game the other week versus Athletico madrid.

When his team doesnt perform he is no where. And he can't get past people like he used to.

He rarely does anything good.

If you want an idea of how much he is the focal point check his number of shots versus the rest:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...ga/top-scorers

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Gareth Bale voted 6th best player in the world.............

Devalued.
    Much like when Ridsdale sold him.

Lots of those players are too inconsistent. De Bruyne has scored twice this season, Muller once. Aguero has had as many nowhere games this season as good ones.

It can definitely be argued that Messi, Suarez and Neymar, perhaps a couple of others on that list, are better than Ronaldo. But outside the top 15...?

Lots of those players are too inconsistent. De Bruyne has scored twice this season, Muller once. Aguero has had as many nowhere games this season as good ones.

It can definitely be argued that Messi, Suarez and Neymar, perhaps a couple of others on that list, are better than Ronaldo. But outside the top 15...?
    ye

Stick most players upfront for madrid and they'd score loads.

He is a good finisher now, that is all.

Stick most players upfront for madrid and they'd score loads.

He is a good finisher now, that is all.
    In the words of my good friend Mark,

Wow, just wow.

P.s if ever there was any doubt about you being Not Eddie May, The Penguin (and a whole load of others) then this thread has settled it.

Quite possibly the most ridiculous thing ever posted on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    In the words of my good friend Mark,

Wow, just wow.

P.s if ever there was any doubt about you being Not Eddie May, The Penguin (and a whole load of others) then this thread has settled it.

Quite possibly the most ridiculous thing ever posted on here.
    He can barely beat a man now.

Does a few fancy step overs and prods it off to modric etc to do all the work.