+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dario Gradi under FA interim suspension at Crewe

Dario Gradi under FA interim suspension at Crewe

Re: Dario Gradi under FA interim suspension at Crewe

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Don't think there's any suggestions of him being a kiddy fiddler.

More to do with him trying to cover things up.

Which is just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post

Which is just as bad.
    You are correct if that`s the case just as bad.

Which is just as bad.
    Is it worse? I mean, these guys are seriously messed up in the head and he's let them continue for years, if not decades. He's made a calculated decision to keep these coaches on knowing full well what they've done at various clubs.

I've always wondered why Gradi's career never progressed, he was always touted as a Premiership manager even mentioned at one time for the England job

you would have to think more people knew what was going on, look at Savile, it was common knowledge in the " showbiz world "

did Gradi not have a suspicion what was going on in all them years ? ? ? or was it a case of turning a blind eye with the knowledge that the youth set-up was doing well ? ? ?

Which is just as bad.
    Cover ups are the key to all of these findings , from the entertainment industry , politics ,religion and any group associations.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I've always wondered why Gradi's career never progressed, he was always touted as a Premiership manager even mentioned at one time for the England job
    I'm sorry to pick this out as an example but it may (it may be coming from a different place) of an idea I have posted in another thread about this subject...

There seems to be a pattern followed in which people are scared to talk about something as serious and damaging as sexual abuse but as soon as one finds the courage others will do so, and then others again. In the third groups especially there will mis-remembered, encouraged and otherwise not entirely factual reports which have been in part brought on in the opposite way the first group was: the wider group failing to act responsibly when discussing/not discussing such a serious issue. The issue is then discarded until another person mounts the courage to speak about the way they were treated.

If any part of this pattern has happened to you then find someone you can trust, find a professional and know that there are people ready to listen and support you.

I am sure there are those (in the media and down the pub) speculating that Gradi or others knew this or knew that but it's so easy to say the wrong thing and later forget to talk about it at all. Meanwhile Gradi's life is rough, although he probably has the name to recover, and other victims find it harder to come forward.

Listening to the news on radio 5, he is alleged to have been asked to 'smooth over' an allegation of sexual abuse by Eddie Heath, Chelsea's chief scout, with the parents of a 15 year old lad whilst Gradi was a junior coach at Chelsea in the early 70's.

He may not have been fully aware of what the full extent of the accusations were regarding the young lad.

He is highly unlikely to have had any child protection and safeguarding training as that was non existent in those days.

It appears as though Gradi was just doing what he was told to do and those in seniority abused their status in telling a young Gradi to do their dirty work.

In those unenlightened days, people were in denial about this sort of thing or buried their head in the sand.

These sorts of scandals won't just stop at football as paedophiles will infiltrate all walks of life, so expect the scandals to come out in rugby, cricket, other sports, schools, scouts and other areas where there are vulnerable young people.
    Last edited by JDerrida; 13-12-16 at 02:23.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Listening to the news on radio 5, he is alleged to have been asked to 'smooth over' an allegation of sexual abuse by Eddie Heath, Chelsea's chief scout, with the parents of a 15 year old lad whilst Gradi was a junior coach at Chelsea in the early 70's.

He may not have been fully aware of what the full extent of the accusations were regarding the young lad.

He is highly unlikely to have had any child protection and safeguarding training as that was non existent in those days.

It appears as though Gradi was just doing what he was told to do and those in seniority abused their status in telling a young Gradi to do their dirty work.

In those unenlightened days, people were in denial about this sort of thing or buried their head in the sand.

These sorts of scandals won't just stop at football as paedophiles will infiltrate all walks of life, so expect the scandals to come out in rugby, cricket, other sports, schools, scouts and other areas where there are vulnerable young people.
    Bollocks. Parents at a game tried to beat up Barry Bennell because they knew what he was, are you seriously trying to tell me that Gradi didn't know this when one of the offences took place in his house? This went on for far too long, and at more than one club for Gradi not to know.

Also, he was assistant manager at Chelsea, so he wasn't just a youth coach.

I don't think you have to be "enlighted" to care about paedophiles, in fact I think they're get a bit more vigilante justice in the 70s and 80s
    Last edited by Pedro de la Rosa; 13-12-16 at 08:43.

I've suspected for some time that the extent of the historical abuse - should it ever all come out - will be mind-blowing beyond comprehension.
    Not only the horrific extent of it, but also the levels of society to which active involvement, blind-eye or cover-ups extended.

I wonder if so much of this is still being withheld, or slow released because it is so big, and so 'high' that it would/will cause such a national embarrassment and possibly even social unrest. Well, it has to be faced.

The positive aspect is that there is ever increased awareness, vigilance and safeguarding which reduces the opportunities for perpetrators .

But at what cost? We must all somehow be both brave and aware if we are to enable our youngsters to enjoy a fun and fulfilled childhood, growing up without a fear of other people.
    Easy for an older chap like me to say, I know.

Is helping to cover up this abuse, as bad as actually committing it? You bet it is.
    Wonder how Dave Jones feels about all these revelations.
    His name was dragged through the mud, when he was innocent all along, having to put up with vile chants from opposing supporters, whilst dozens of his fellow colleagues in the game, were getting away with the very same accusations whilst being guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bollocks. Parents at a game tried to beat up Barry Bennell because they knew what he was, are you seriously trying to tell me that Gradi didn't know this when one of the offences took place in his house? This went on for far too long, and at more than one club for Gradi not to know.

Also, he was assistant manager at Chelsea, so he wasn't just a youth coach.

I don't think you have to be "enlighted" to care about paedophiles, in fact I think they're get a bit more vigilante justice in the 70s and 80s
    I haven't read about the parents trying to beat up Barry Bennell or that one of the alleged offences took place at Gradi's house. Bennell worked at Crewe in the 80's and 90's. The offence at Chelsea in the early 70's was by Eddie Heath.

Hindsight is great, but up until very recently the scale of this scandal was not understood and we may still be at the tip of the iceberg with this.

Step back over 40 years ago to the Chelsea incident, why would Gradi or anyone else have been as enlightened as we are today. He was relatively young (early 30's) being told what to do by his bosses.

Why single out Gradi, when others might have known a lot more, or maybe the nature of paedophilia means that the victims are groomed and bribed not to tell anyone - that they are perversely to 'blame' for what's happened. They were likely told, you tell anyone and your dreams of being a footballer are over. In the early 70's, not long after homosexuality was made legal, there was a huge social stigma so chances are the young lads would have been embarrassed to have come forward for fear of being castigated as gay.

Regarding the young lad who was allegedly abused by Bennell at Gradi's house, what time of day was this? Was it a sleepover? Was having young players at Gradi's house a regular or 'normal' occurrence?

The last 10 years or so have made same sex relationships more 'normalised' than ever and that is welcomed, the early 70's was a totally different time.

Regards to Barry Bennell, he was also involved at Stoke and Man City, so again why single out Gradi unless YOU know more than what is being made public. Why don't you name the Managers of that time of those clubs ?

I'm not an apologist for Gradi, we haven't a clue about any involvement at the moment, just like more household names 'might' be involved, at the moment though that would be pure speculation.

I totally sympathise with any person who has been sexually abused as the long term effects on one's life is massive.

Paedophiles are often predatory, especially in appalling cases such as these. I hope they get life sentences if proven to be guilty.

However, we have to be careful not to demonise people that may not be paedophiles and may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Put away the pitchforks until there are facts not supposition.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Is helping to cover up this abuse, as bad as actually committing it? You bet it is.
    Wonder how Dave Jones feels about all these revelations.
    His name was dragged through the mud, when he was innocent all along, having to put up with vile chants from opposing supporters, whilst dozens of his fellow colleagues in the game, were getting away with the very same accusations whilst being guilty.
    Dave Jones had to put up with vile chants from Cardiff City supporters.

Innocent until proven guilty