+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bellars is back!

Bellars is back!

Cardiff City FC is pleased to announce that Craig Bellamy has been appointed as the Club’s Player Development Manager.

Craig’s role will be to oversee the development of Cardiff City FC’s younger players on and off the field, assisting all age groups in their progression towards First Team football and helping to further strengthen their chances of succeeding

Re: Bellars is back!

The Club are moving forward off the pitch, lets hope it spreads to performances on the pitch.

In the article is a good video of all his goals for Cardiff, but when watching it notice how many of the goals were direct assists from peter whittingham, some incredible balls, wish we had an intelligent forward who would make moves like that again for whitts to supply

Another smart move.

Fair play to the club with Warnock and Bellamy finally they're getting the football decisions absolutely right

Gwapple me gwapenuts good old Bellamy

Craig Bellamy has returned to Cardiff City to "oversee the development of Cardiff City FC’s younger players on and off the field, assisting all age groups in their progression towards First Team football and helping to further strengthen their chances of succeeding."

Bellamy told the official website: “I want to say ‘thank you’ to Tan Sri Vincent Tan, Mehmet Dalman, Ken Choo and Neil Warnock for giving me the opportunity of beginning my first coaching role with Cardiff City Football Club. 

"It's a position at the Club that I feel very passionately about and one that comes with huge responsibility. To be appointed in such a role is a fantastic honour for me." 

C:WindowsTempphp9A20.tmp

City CEO Ken Choo is delighted to be able to give Bellamy this opening as he embarks on a new career in coaching.

Choo said, “The Club has recently undertaken an internal restructure of its Academy and Development programmes; with this firmly in mind, it’s felt that having somebody of Craig’s stature in this role can be of huge significance to us moving forward. I know that Neil [Warnock] feels Craig’s influence here can create greater synergy between our youth players and the first-team with the ultimate goal of bringing players through to senior football. 

“Craig’s experience and knowledge of the game speaks for itself and we felt he was the only candidate we wanted to take this critical new position at the Club. 

“We hope that our younger players will see Craig as a role model, somebody who’s playing career they want to emulate. 

"I’m delighted to have Craig back with us here at Cardiff City Stadium. He's part of the Cardiff City family and I'm thrilled he's taken the opportunity to begin his coaching career with us after his fantastic times here as a player. 

Great news ! Well done City.

I honestly feel that apart from a breif period when Malky first took over that the club is in the position it has been off the field for a long long time.

Credit to those at the top that theyve taken on board the need for more footballing people at the club.

At the moment we have Warnock, Blackwell, Jepson, Bellamy who all have a wealth of experience at different levels through out pro football.

Bellers in!

Hope he's kept up his fitness - We could do with him at the moment.......

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Hope he's kept up his fitness - We could do with him at the moment.......

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    LeAdr. You broke this great news first I think Gringo. Happy to have CB back.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The Club are moving forward off the pitch, lets hope it spreads to performances on the pitch.
    Let's hope he keeps his distance from two individuals or everything that he says will be twisted and put out as an UpDaTe.
    We recently had a McCormack thread with " I got a tip off a fellow City fan who is well in with the coaching staff and McCormacks name was brought up "

Ps I'm sure it was quoted that Bellers told a certain person who just happened to be at an airport the same time that he would never work for Tan

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Craig Bellamy has returned to Cardiff City to "oversee the development of Cardiff City FC’s younger players on and off the field, assisting all age groups in their progression towards First Team football and helping to further strengthen their chances of succeeding."

Bellamy*told the official website: “I want to say ‘thank you’ to Tan Sri Vincent Tan, Mehmet Dalman, Ken Choo and Neil Warnock for giving me the opportunity of beginning my first coaching role with Cardiff City Football Club.*

"It's a position at the Club that I feel very passionately about and one that comes with huge responsibility. To be appointed in such a role is a fantastic honour for me."*

C:WindowsTempphp9A20.tmp

City CEO Ken Choo is delighted to be able to give Bellamy this opening as he embarks on a new career in coaching.

Choo said, “The Club has recently undertaken an internal restructure of its Academy and Development programmes; with this firmly in mind, it’s felt that having somebody of Craig’s stature in this role can be of huge significance to us moving forward. I know that Neil [Warnock] feels Craig’s influence here can create greater synergy between our youth players and the first-team with the ultimate goal of bringing players through to senior football.*
    “Craig’s experience and knowledge of the game speaks for itself and we felt he was the only candidate we wanted to take this critical new position at the Club.*
    “We hope that our younger players will see Craig as a role model, somebody who’s playing career they want to emulate.*

"I’m delighted to have Craig back with us here at Cardiff City Stadium. He's part of the Cardiff City family and I'm thrilled he's taken the opportunity to begin his coaching career with us after his fantastic times here as a player.*

Excellent move by the club

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I honestly feel that apart from a breif period when Malky first took over that the club is in the position it has been off the field for a long long time.

Credit to those at the top that theyve taken on board the need for more footballing people at the club.

At the moment we have Warnock, Blackwell, Jepson, Bellamy who all have a wealth of experience at different levels through out pro football.
    Is it possible Bellamy is being groomed to eventually take over from Warnock ?
    Warnock has made no secret of the fact that he would like to remain and possibly move into a Director of Football role.