+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA Cup v FFC FFS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FA Cup v FFC FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Bailing us out?? How much do you think they are paying for this game? I doubt it'll cover the xmas party
    To be fair, the TV money is probably equivalent to another 10,000 tickets being sold. It's a joke that we are on TV at all in a Cup tie that is about exciting as a mid-table Championship game. As the poster says, a few clubs would love to have a local broadcaster paying them good money. Some people here seem to think we have the right to tell the TV companies to sod off. They then complain that Cardiff are not on TV enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    To be fair, the TV money is probably equivalent to another 10,000 tickets being sold. It's a joke that we are on TV at all in a Cup tie that is about exciting as a mid-table Championship game. As the poster says, a few clubs would love to have a local broadcaster paying them good money. Some people here seem to think we have the right to tell the TV companies to sod off. They then complain that Cardiff are not on TV enough.
    Yes I agree with all that. The point I was making is that we are tens of millions of pounds in debt. One game shown by BBC Wales that I would guess would pay less than six figures is hardly bailing us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Yes I agree with all that. The point I was making is that we are tens of millions of pounds in debt. One game shown by BBC Wales that I would guess would pay less than six figures is hardly bailing us out.
    We can't turn it down though, can we? Bailing us out is an over exaggeration, but we should be grateful rather than pissed off.