Re: FA Cup v FFC FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Sunday morning football. Eeeeuuuurgh.
    It's when football should be played.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    It's when football should be played.
    Park football, pub teams, yes, I agree.

FA cup between 2nd tier league football teams?

NO F***ING WAY!!

Attendance is going to be terrible. For the reward of £48K from the BBC.

Tickets from £10 for ST holders, £12 for general sale.

Less than half the ground going to be open. Canton Stand not listed as being open

This is aiming to be the worse FA Cup experience ever.

What a shambles. 11:30am is taking the piss.

BBC Wales are showing it according to Fulham's website.

I'm guessing Hull v Swansea is staying at 3pm Saturday because they told the TV company to sod off.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What a shambles. 11:30am is taking the piss.

BBC Wales are showing it according to Fulham's website.

I'm guessing Hull v Swansea is staying at 3pm Saturday because they told the TV company to sod off.

Cardiff need the money. If you can guarantee that playing at 3pm on Saturday will bring in another 7,500 fans paying £10 each, then call up Choo and explain why he has made the wrong decision.

Look also at how many blocks are open, Cardiff know they will get no more than 6,000. This is the price we all have to pay for the financial catastrophe of the last 3/4 years. Thankfully, we have a national broadcaster that are bailing us out. Bolton Wanderers have no such luck.
    Last edited by CCFCPhil; 13-12-16 at 17:58.

That's a bummer for the NY Bluebirds. Finally a televised game and it kicks off at 6:30am on a Sunday. I'll give this one a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's a bummer for the NY Bluebirds. Finally a televised game and it kicks off at 6:30am on a Sunday. I'll give this one a miss.
    Fairweather fan

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Fairweather fan
    I went along for the Leeds game at 7:30am and I was the only one there! Me and about ten Leeds fans. Fair play to them, they could have been real dicks and took the piss all day long, but they were OK.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You're telling me you've got something better to do than watch s4c on a sunday in new york?.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    You're telling me you've got something better to do than watch s4c on a sunday in new york?.
    I may watch the second half at home. But I'm not going out to meet the other NY Bluebirds.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It's on BBC

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Cardiff need the money. If you can guarantee that playing at 3pm on Saturday will bring in another 7,500 fans paying £10 each, then call up Choo and explain why he has made the wrong decision.

Look also at how many blocks are open, Cardiff know they will get no more than 6,000. This is the price we all have to pay for the financial catastrophe of the last 3/4 years. Thankfully, we have a national broadcaster that are bailing us out. Bolton Wanderers have no such luck.
    Bailing us out?? How much do you think they are paying for this game? I doubt it'll cover the xmas party

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Bailing us out?? How much do you think they are paying for this game? I doubt it'll cover the xmas party
    To be fair, the TV money is probably equivalent to another 10,000 tickets being sold. It's a joke that we are on TV at all in a Cup tie that is about exciting as a mid-table Championship game. As the poster says, a few clubs would love to have a local broadcaster paying them good money. Some people here seem to think we have the right to tell the TV companies to sod off. They then complain that Cardiff are not on TV enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    To be fair, the TV money is probably equivalent to another 10,000 tickets being sold. It's a joke that we are on TV at all in a Cup tie that is about exciting as a mid-table Championship game. As the poster says, a few clubs would love to have a local broadcaster paying them good money. Some people here seem to think we have the right to tell the TV companies to sod off. They then complain that Cardiff are not on TV enough.
    Yes I agree with all that. The point I was making is that we are tens of millions of pounds in debt. One game shown by BBC Wales that I would guess would pay less than six figures is hardly bailing us out.

I went to the Colchester and Shrewsbury games so I feel like I've done my time.
    This one I won't be attending.

There'll be more people at Superkevs testimonial.
    Last edited by The Bloop; 13-12-16 at 14:10. Reason: .

Fulham fans being given free coach travel. Busses leaving at 6:30am

( as crazy as that is for most people Tony TIT leaves at that time for an evening kick off at Bristol City so he's in the pub early enough )

Yet another home game I'll have to miss.

C:WindowsTempphp88DF.tmpThe FA Cup third round fixture between Cardiff City and Fulham has become the seventh game chosen for TV coverage on 3rd round weekend.

The ridiculous kick off time is to allow live coverage by BBC Wales.

Fulham fans are being given free travel with coaches leaving West London at 6:30am

Ticket details are as stated below from www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk:

Tickets go on sale to current Season Ticket Holders from 9am on Friday, 16th December 2016 (priority window). General sale will begin at 9am on Tuesday, 20th December 2016. 

Pricing is as follows:

General Ticket Prices

Adults @ £12.00 
    Seniors(60+) / Students (u25) /16-21yrs @ £10.00 
    Juniors(u16) @ £5.00 

Season Ticket Prices

Adults @ £10.00 
    Seniors (60+) / Students (u25) /16-21yrs @ £8.00 
    Juniors (u16) @ £3.00 

Disabled Allocations

As listed above, with carer free of charge 

The following areas of Cardiff City Stadium will be opened for this fixture:

Grandstand blocks: 201 – 101 
    Lower Ninian Stand blocks: 114 +115 
    Family Stand blocks: 124 + 125 
    Disabled Enclosures:  320 + 102 
    Grandstand Level 3 
    Grandstand Level 4 

All TV games 

Fri 6th Jan 19:55 West Ham v Man City BBC 1

Sat 7th Jan 12:30 Man Utd v Reading BT Sport 2

Sat 7th Jan 17:30 Preston v Arsenal BT Sport 2

Sun 8th Jan 11:30 Cardiff v Fulham BBC Wales

Sun 8th Jan 13:30 Liverpool v Plymouth or Newport

Sun 8th Jan 16:00 Spurs v Aston Villa BBC 1

Mon 9th Jan 19:45 Cambridge v Leeds BT Sport 2

Stupid kick offtime for FA cup game. 11.30 on Sunday

City v Fulham will kick off at 11.30am on Sunday, 8th January...

Cardiff City FC can confirm that the FA Cup third round fixture at home to Fulham FC has been moved for live broadcast. The game will now kick off at 11.30am on Sunday, 8th January 2017.

Tickets go on sale to current Season Ticket Holders from 9am on Friday, 16th December 2016 (priority window). General sale will begin at 9am on Tuesday, 20th December 2016.

Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...BPuZbF97C2Y.99

Re: Stupid kick offtime for FA cup game. 11.30 on Sunday

Sorry just seen other thread.

I will have, ahem, other sporting commitments that day so I'm out

Didn't fancy it anyway truth be told