+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: this cant go on with newport

this cant go on with newport

match abandoned whilst winning 1_0 they need a new ground

Re: this cant go on with newport

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    match abandoned whilst winning 1_0 they need a new ground
    The commentator suggested a ground share with us until they can sort out the problems they have there

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The commentator suggested a ground share with us until they can sort out the problems they have there

Let them play on Tredegar park there's plenty of pitches there

Totally agree, time for the FA to step in and tell them to sort it out. Pitch won't be great with two teams playing on it let alone three (Country, Dragons, Newport RFC). It's simply not fair on the players and the fans of both sides. Morecambe is one hell of a journey. New stadium needed ASAP, a nice 12k seater stadium for both County and the Dragons would suffice. I think the WRU own half the Dragons so they would stump up some of the cash.

agreed,
    FA will have something to say now I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    God no !

I thought this thread was about Newport in general, not the state of Rodney Parade!!!

Why did they leave the Spytty road ground? the pitch there was good.

Let's be honest here, Tinpot County have always been a ramshackle bunch of chancers. They've give it a bit of a go but maybe it's time they stopped wasting everyone's time and called it a day.

I've just been to a Southern League game abandoned in the 93rd minute with 9 minutes left to play (according to the ref). Reaching for the rule book ....

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Let's be honest here, Tinpot County have always been a ramshackle bunch of chancers. They've give it a bit of a go but maybe it's time they stopped wasting everyone's time and called it a day.
    I think lower end of League Two is about their level. I know a County fan who thinks they should be knocking on the door of the Championship.

Tell him no-one's in

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tell him no-one's in
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxvk...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Why did they leave the Spytty road ground? the pitch there was good.
    I thought the same

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    I think lower end of League Two is about their level. I know a County fan who thinks they should be knocking on the door of the Championship.
    It's a bigger town that Wigan or Bolton and probably several other teams that have been in the premier league.

You're right. Population of Newport (145,000) is almost double Burnley's 73,000. Bolton is 139,000, and Wigan is 97,000. Cardiff's, incidentally, is 358,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I thought the same
    they left because the pitch was even worse than the one at RP

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You're right. Population of Newport (145,000) is almost double Burnley's 73,000. Bolton is 139,000, and Wigan is 97,000. Cardiff's, incidentally, is 358,000.
    disingenuous use of stats. those northern towns are surrounded by other smaller towns that significantly increase the urban population from which those teams can draw their support

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    they left because the pitch was even worse than the one at RP
    I'm surprised, having read last night, that they left Spytty park because they said the pitch was not fit for purpose.
    When our pitch was frozen and our game was called off against Leicester in 2009, we went to Spytty park and watched county and despite freezing temperatures their game went ahead and the pitch looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    disingenuous use of stats. those northern towns are surrounded by other smaller towns that significantly increase the urban population from which those teams can draw their support
    Those towns probably have their own football teams in the league pyramid though, while Cardiff and Newport are near a bunch of towns with no league football

Why they didnt sort out the pitch when they upgraded the stand and the facilities is beyond me. I went to the opening game at the new ground for the Blues v Newport and it was called off. Who spends all that money on new stands and forgets to put in draining for the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Why they didnt sort out the pitch when they upgraded the stand and the facilities is beyond me. I went to the opening game at the new ground for the Blues v Newport and it was called off. Who spends all that money on new stands and forgets to put in draining for the pitch.
    They did put in drainage.

Games at RP over the next 3 weeks

16th Dragons v Worcester
    21st Newport v Plymouth
    26th Newport v Portsmouth
    31st Newport v Exeter
    1st Dragons v Ospreys
    2nd Newport RFC v Rygbi Gogledd Cymru 1404
    6th Dragons v Bennetton

21 days, 7 games - 4 rugby. 5 games in 12 days between 21st December and 2nd January