+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zahore

Zahore

Written off too early perhaps. Great contribution from the bench.

Noone also running around like a butcher's dog.

Marked contrast with Immers and Richardson.

Re: Zahore

Great game from them both but need to do it every week. Playing for their city futures?

Shame about Immers. A bit bizarre too, as he seemed so promising last season.
    Don't think we'll see a lot more of of Lex nor Richardson.

Zohore was the difference tonight. He played with intelligence and power. Please let this be the start of him finally coming good...

Put himself about but that won't work against the better teams he got a touch like a rapist.

Must have watched a different game with no one he just went down blind alleys and didn't put any crosses in.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Put himself about but that won't work against the better teams he got a touch like a rapist
    Adebayor was complete turd for a good period before it clicked.

He could barely control the ball.

Lanky strikers need time.

Put himself about but that won't work against the better teams he got a touch like a rapist.

Must have watched a different game with no one he just went down blind alleys and didn't put any crosses in.
    To be fair he more than just 'put himself about' he won balls he had no right to get; he won most of his aerial battles where Pilks had lost all his meaning we were much further up the pitch and really outmuscled their defenders to make the break for the 2nd goal, when he then had the awareness to put it to Pilks in space.

I've been a critic of his before but credit where it's due - he was influential in this game and looked like there was more to come. His shot just over the bar was really athletic too. I think your criticism of him is not justified tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Zohore was the difference tonight. He played with intelligence and power. Please let this be the start of him finally coming good...
    Agreed. Best we have seen of him yet. Showed great composure to hold onto ball until just the right time to lay off for Pilks goal. There were other options but he took the right one. Great team effort in 2nd half. Very gutsy and a very important 3 points.
    Spedger

Lots of effort has good pace for a big man his chasing down changed the game , NW must have spotted that weakness in Wolves and exploited it with Zohore , the only thing that worries me is his ability to jump and head properly, and can be pushed off the ball easily , if he keeps playing that though , we have a Rudi type forward back,great bench option , looked better option than Fred tonight .

Bringing on Zohore changed the game, the two Wolves centrebacks were terrified of him and there was much more space for Pilkington and Hoilett to run into.

I thought he was excellent. He's very raw but he definitely changed the game tonight.

Warnocks style of play relies on tempo and in the first half we were sluggish and dreadful.

Zohore came on and chased down lost causes and put himself about. I won't write him off cos he has some good forwards at the club that he can learn from.

Hopefully Lambert, Bellamy and Jepson can have positive influence on his game and help his football ability to match his physical attributes.

Hats off to the man for taking the bull by the horns and earning us 3 points tonight and hats off to Warnock for excellent and brave substitutions.

It was Zohores pass that made the 2nd goal

Some great substituions tonight. Both Kenny Zee and Noone completely changed the game. We were having a good laught and joke at half time about how sh!te Kenny is - fair play to the lad, he really delivered. Very impressive 2nd half performance - just hope he can keep that up.

Gunnerson - he has been a revelation since Warnocks appointment.

He played like a man possessed when he came on.The man has had to watch Cardiff struggle with makeshift strikers and Fred while he got nowhere near the first team.He grabbed his chance fair play to him please push on from here there is no reason why he should not.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I thought he was excellent. He's very raw but he definitely changed the game tonight.

Warnocks style of play relies on tempo and in the first half we were sluggish and dreadful.

Zohore came on and chased down lost causes and put himself about. I won't write him off cos he has some good forwards at the club that he can learn from.

Hopefully Lambert, Bellamy and Jepson can have positive influence on his game and help his football ability to match his physical attributes.

Hats off to the man for taking the bull by the horns and earning us 3 points tonight and hats off to Warnock for excellent and brave substitutions.
    Sorry mate I know we normally agree but what I seen tonight there is no style of play it was awful.

Two poor teams we just played for set pieces and got back into the game through one.

Peltier at left back was shocking. His distribution isn't great at right back but on his wrong side? Awful

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Some great substituions tonight. Both Kenny Zee and Noone completely changed the game. We were having a good laught and joke at half time about how sh!te Kenny is - fair play to the lad, he really delivered. Very impressive 2nd half performance - just hope he can keep that up.

Gunnerson - he has been a revelation since Warnocks appointment.
    I know I had several pints but what was Noones input?

fail to see it sorry

STATS: @KZohore against Wolves
    5 aerial duels won
    3 fouls won
    2 tackles won
    2 shots
    1 assist pic.twitter.com/ibNX4eYH96

— Cardiff City Stats (@CCFCStats) December 13, 2016
    Last edited by Michael Morris; 13-12-16 at 23:34.

Thought he did well when he came on, made the 2nd and hope he can follow it up with a goal on Saturday.

It wasn't just the substitutions, which were very effective, it was the contrast in the quality of our passing and movement. Also, in the first half we were so completely reliant on the set piece as our only threat, that we didn't once take the opportunity to move the ball forward quickly when we had a free kick or throw. Second half we were like a completely different team.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    It wasn't just the substitutions, which were very effective, it was the contrast in the quality of our passing and movement. Also, in the first half we were so completely reliant on the set piece as our only threat, that we didn't once take the opportunity to move the ball forward quickly when we had a free kick or throw. Second half we were like a completely different team.
    Second was hardly pass and move more like get it in the channels and get a set piece

Crazy. Were you there tonight at all? Probably basing all this off watching the game on Ceefax.

Second was hardly pass and move more like get it in the channels and get a set piece
    I'm not saying we were Barcelona, it was just the difference between the two halves. First half was dreadful, almost as bad as some of the performances under Slade.

I know I had several pints but what was Noones input?

fail to see it sorry
    I'm not his biggest fan of late but I thought he looked lively when he came on and contributed quite a bit to the better tempo in the second-half.

He nearly scored a purler after beating two players and then forcing a good save from the keeper. He also went close a second time after beating his man and having a having a long-rangish shot. All helped to get the momentum going and get us on the front foot in the 2nd-half imo.
    Last edited by Baloo; 14-12-16 at 00:44.

Not sure why you expect a squad that has, to a large degree, spent two and a half seasons proving that it is pretty dreadful at playing pass and move football to suddenly change it's character when it finds itself in the bottom three with the season almost half over.

Teams don't tend to win relegation battles with pretty pass and move football - I'd love to see us playing that way because I've not seen many Cardiff sides do that down the years, but I'm afraid we don't have enough midfielders or defenders good enough to play that way currently. Given the way Warnock teams tend to play, it would be pie in the sky to think he would send out this group of players to perform in the way you seem to expect them to - apparently (I say apparently because I saw very little evidence of the type of football we were told we were going to see from a Paul Trollope team) we were trying to play more pass and move stuff at the start of the season and look where that got us.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure why you expect a squad that has, to a large degree, spent two and a half seasons proving that it is pretty dreadful at playing pass and move football to suddenly change it's character when it finds itself in the bottom three with the season almost half over.

Teams don't tend to win relegation battles with pretty pass and move football - I'd love to see us playing that way because I've not seen many Cardiff sides do that down the years, but I'm afraid we don't have enough midfielders or defenders good enough to play that way currently. Given the way Warnock teams tend to play, it would be pie in the sky to think he would send out this group of players to perform in the way you seem to expect them to - apparently (I say apparently because I saw very little evidence of the type of football we were told we were going to see from a Paul Trollope team) we were trying to play more pass and move stuff at the start of the season and look where that got us.
    Give Warnock the January window and I think we will have a decent team that can climb into the top half.
    He will no doubt jettison a number of fringe players that will not be capable of first team football.
    Add to that two decent quality players that are FIRST TEAM SIGNINGS and not just squad additions and I think we will be OK.